Anyone thinking about getting the iPad pro?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It's a massive tablet. Almost 2x the processing power of the existing Air 2. Amazing display. Pen input.

But it's pricey. Lacks external ports. And just runs iOS.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's a massive tablet. Almost 2x the processing power of the existing Air 2. Amazing display. Pen input.

But it's pricey. Lacks external ports. And just runs iOS.

Apple keeps missing the mark, or comes late to the party.

They used to set the bar..........not anymore.

Why would anyone buy this thing?

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
When will they make a 3d capable iPad?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Why would anyone buy this thing?

A lot of my spare time I spend on my tablet, reading here, news, sports, and tech sites. I was actually looking forward to potentially buying this;
  1. Bigger screen
  2. Insanely fast
  3. Internet consumption machine
But, I'm a little turned off by the price, lack of ports, and the fact the pen is a sidekick instead of integrated like the Galaxy Note. Was really hoping for something that could run a real OS, too.

So, now I'm not sure. I will go play with one first before dismissing it completely.

I'm definitely eyeing the Surface 4 and hoping for a fanless model with great battery life.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Nope , I already hate I the iPad I do have , hate it so much I went out and bought a Samsung Galaxy tablet which I like a thousand times better

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Nope , I already hate I the iPad I do have , hate it so much I went out and bought a Samsung Galaxy tablet which I like a thousand times better

Unless your preference is Android over IOS, what makes it better from your perspective?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
A lot of my spare time I spend on my tablet, reading here, news, sports, and tech sites. I was actually looking forward to potentially buying this;
  1. Bigger screen
  2. Insanely fast
  3. Internet consumption machine
But, I'm a little turned off by the price, lack of ports, and the fact the pen is a sidekick instead of integrated like the Galaxy Note. Was really hoping for something that could run a real OS, too.

So, now I'm not sure. I will go play with one first before dismissing it completely.

I'm definitely eyeing the Surface 4 and hoping for a fanless model with great battery life.

For the money you could get a laptop that has touch screen capabilities that runs an OS and has more power and ports.

IMO this is not a good value, and I don't know why Apple did this at this price point.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
For the money you could get a laptop that has touch screen capabilities that runs an OS and has more power and ports.

IMO this is not a good value, and I don't know why Apple did this at this price point.

Good points.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Speaking of Apple.

I just had to replace my desktop and WiFi modem last week because of the lightning strike.

Replaced my 10 year old iMac with a new one... WOW. Love it.

Also replaced my Apple modem with an Apple Time Capsule. That fucker is a piece of shit... don't ever buy one of these. I had my computer guy out to the house 3 different times trying to sort out why my new desktop wouldn't connect to the internet by ethernet or WiFi every morning after running fine the night before. It's that fucking time capsule piece of shit... taking that thing back to Apple tonight. The new modem I got last night is working perfect.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If only Les knew about professional artists...

I would buy the iPad Pro for my youngest in a minute, but things are tight. She's an artist. Like a legit artist and she's just 15.

Sure, you can probably do a bit more with a full comp and a Wacom tablet, but that pen is pretty slick and its integration with other graphics apps on a very low level will once again set it apart from other alternatives.

If a person just needs an Internet browsing tablet, it may be overkill, but hmthat tablet is a heckuva tool for artists who want to get work done in a small form factor. I've supported rocket scientists to movie special effects people and everyone in between. Apple swings and sometimes misses. And sometimes they crush it. I think the iPad Pro is much closer to crushing it.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
As an example, this is an example of my youngest's art. She drew it at 13.

my_attempt_at_a_photorealistic_eye_by_octaviasketch-d698lfv.jpg

It's done solely with pencil on a sketchpad. Pure low tech stuff. She actually drew it on the sly by the light of her sister's iPhone that she "borrowed" at night when she was supposed to be sleeping. No filters were used in taking the picture, she actually figured out how to do the shading on her own. She hadn't had any drawing classes at that point, either. This was all self taught...

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

It's done solely with pencil on a sketchpad. Pure low tech stuff. She actually drew it on the sly by the light of her sister's iPhone that she "borrowed" at night when she was supposed to be sleeping. No filters were used in taking the picture, she actually figured out how to do the shading on her own. She hadn't had any drawing classes at that point, either. This was all self taught...
First I should say , I'm not very easy to impress , Second I should say , thats pretty darn good

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I got my son a Air 2 when they came out right before his Bday. I gotta admin, thats a bad ass tablet. I'm anti apple like a mofo, I love android but ill give credit were its due. His tablets sick. So if its better then that, its probably bad ass.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I got my son a Air 2 when they came out right before his Bday. I gotta admin, thats a bad ass tablet. I'm anti apple like a mofo, I love android but ill give credit were its due. His tablets sick. So if its better then that, its probably bad ass.

The processor intrigues me. It's fast, for a fanless tablet.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Nice work. I was raised around art and in particular realism. My mom is a well known artist and my wife is a professional artist herself. It is amazing how many professional artists can't actually draw and certainly not this well. She's got a gift Mac. No doubt about it.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Hell to the fuck no.

Almost $800 for a 32GB model? Over a $1000 for the 128GB? Oh no, but you have to spend an additional $100 on a freakin stylus? And yes, it's a stylus, not a fucking pencil. Quit trying to disguise shit that every company already had for over a decade now. And a keyboard, yes you can haz, as long as you give us...MOAR MONEY.

Apple can go suck on a banana.