Anyone Listen To Snead On Late Hits?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Deception Time is in full swing now. This is great Theater.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Bradford is Fishers guy..........until Fisher doesn't think Bradford is his guy.

If Bradford plays badly this upcoming season there will be no quarter given. Fisher will be looking for another guy. This isn't a nice place to work, this NFL, you pull your weight or your fired.

Snead and Fisher aren't going to say that, anymore than they are going to say what players they have on their draft board, but it's true and it's always been true and always will be true. If a player isn't playing well enough it doesn't matter who they are they get replaced.

Anyone who is too deeply entrenched in the "Sam is Fishers guy" better wake up now because he won't be unless he plays good football. This isn't a game that allows you to hang on to an underperforming QB and win much. It can be done, but it's rare.

tonyl711

Starter
PHXRAM, how can you say no one thinks the Rams will draft a QB with the second pick? I have read countless articles and posts that say different. some have us trading Bradford, some have us just cutting him.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Well, I guess Bradford is our starter.
Yup and if there was any underlying message to be had from that I'd say it was more that if he goes on record saying the kid is a "franchise QB" it's ammunition for Sam's agent in future negotiations.
I think the status of Sam is completely secure and Snead is just giving answers that don't place power outside the FO and coaching staffs control, he is just keeping his cards close.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
Bradford is Fishers guy..........until Fisher doesn't think Bradford is his guy.

If Bradford plays badly this upcoming season there will be no quarter given. Fisher will be looking for another guy. This isn't a nice place to work, this NFL, you pull your weight or your fired.

Snead and Fisher aren't going to say that, anymore than they are going to say what players they have on their draft board, but it's true and it's always been true and always will be true. If a player isn't playing well enough it doesn't matter who they are they get replaced.

Anyone who is too deeply entrenched in the "Sam is Fishers guy" better wake up now because he won't be unless he plays good football. This isn't a game that allows you to hang on to an underperforming QB and win much. It can be done, but it's rare.

your right BUT maybe Fisher thinks he is playing good football and understands more about the team than fans do?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
your right BUT maybe Fisher thinks he is playing good football and understands more about the team than fans do?

And I think that's the case, especially the last part.

But if Bradford plays bad football Fisher is going to want to move one and Kroenke will support it I'm sure.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
PHXRAM, how can you say no one thinks the Rams will draft a QB with the second pick? I have read countless articles and posts that say different. some have us trading Bradford, some have us just cutting him.

Be interested in reading a few.

Ramifications

There is a flat earth society, too, but generally not taken too seriously.

Pretty much to a man, all the Rams "insiders" I'm familiar with... Nick Wagoner, Jim Thomas, Bryan Burwell and (formerly) Bernie Miklasz*, have said in the offseason they don't expect a first round QB (my sense is the consensus is more like late day two or early day three), and it be backup upgrade and developmental-type, not expected to be serious challenger for the starting position.

* Bernie changed his tune recently, but I think that speaks more to his being a switchy changey guy in this instance, than a realistic chance they actually take a QB in the first round.

tonyl711

Starter
I don't believe that Snead or Fisher are thinking QB in the first round, I honestly believe that they both think Sam is a franchise QB (for the record, so do I), but why not put it out there like Snead did? he didn't say anything about not wanting Sam, but he left doubt in other teams minds with the Sam is our starter statement IMO, call it a bluff, but with that statement other teams have to consider that the Rams just might take a QB at #2.
PHX read some other articles besides the ones written by Rams insiders,there are more than you would think that have us using that pick on a QB.