Anyone good with CPU Tech?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I have a cheap webcam. Im wanting to start posting guitar tutorials again on YT but for some reason when i record something now with this cam (ive used it before and it worked fine) it has almost an underwater tone. it sounds like waves of sound instead of a consistent sound.

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
El Juggernauto said:
I have a cheap webcam. Im wanting to start posting guitar tutorials again on YT but for some reason when i record something now with this cam (ive used it before and it worked fine) it has almost an underwater tone. it sounds like waves of sound instead of a consistent sound.
So, the webcam has a mic? Could be hardware, or it could be the sound driver installed for the webcam's mic.

Does the computer that you are using also have a mic? If so, then might just be easier to use your computer's mic for audio input.

If you're forced to use your webcam's mic, then I'd try updating your audio drivers, or seeing if hardware acceleration is selected in your audio settings. If not those, see if there are any other audio "enhancement" setting options selected within the sound driver or the software that came with your webcam. Typically, it's these "enhancement" settings that cause probs.