Anyone else watch Black Sails?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
I'm loving this show. Watched all of season one, and season 2 is currently on Showtime about 3 episodes in.

Anyone else enjoying it?

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I'm about 4 episodes into season 1. It's pretty good, but I've kinda stalled out watching them. Too many shows right now.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on that series.
Maybe I'll give it a look later tonight since you're endorsing it.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Watched the first season and found it to be kind of predictable as far as pirate shows go. Will have to check out the second season. For anyone interested you can go to this link and watch it there.

http://watch-tv-series.to/serie/black_sails

I'm one who enjoys watching a plot unfold. So without ruining anything, Season 2 gives you more insight on Captain Flint's history.

While it's not my favorite show on TV, I enjoy it because it's different than Walking Dead, and all the other typical shows.

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on that series.
Maybe I'll give it a look later tonight since you're endorsing it.

Also check out "Silicon Valley". It aired after game of thrones last year. I'm waiting for season 2 of that also. It's about a guy that has his own start-up, and all the characters are painfully awkward nerds. It's glorious.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Alright - brass tacks. Any nudity of the female variety? Hot wenches and the sort?

There's plenty of nudity. I'd say maybe around the average of once per episode.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alright - brass tacks. Any nudity of the female variety? Hot wenches and the sort?
Yeah, and unfortunately, there's often women with women stuff....

I like the show but like many others, I forget many of the details when the show takes a long break between seasons. Black Sails in particular, I thought that I remembered the ending of Season 1 ending with a cliff hanger, but Season 2 began quite differently. I love the show the Americans, but the same thing happens with that show too.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Yeah, and unfortunately, there's often women with women stuff....

I like the show but like many others, I forget many of the details when the show takes a long break between seasons. Black Sails in particular, I thought that I remembered the ending of Season 1 ending with a cliff hanger, but Season 2 began quite differently. I love the show the Americans, but the same thing happens with that show too.

I wouldn't say Black Sails started differently. It started the way it ended. It was just pushed up a day or so in the timeline.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't say Black Sails started differently. It started the way it ended. It was just pushed up a day or so in the timeline.
And the quartermaster kid with the glasses was a different actor, that threw me for a loop
I'm having a hard time following the story, I dont remember season 1 as well as I should.
Its a great show though, I love it.
Its funny that Vane is such a bad ass when on Showtime "Shameless" he was such an aloof burnout

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Good show but the plot lines are all over the place. I like a plot twist, but BS has 3-4 each episode.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Good show but the plot lines are all over the place. I like a plot twist, but BS has 3-4 each episode.

Lol. Yea, I like that sometimes though. It's nice not to see something coming from a mile away. I watch Black Sails for what it is, a raunchy pirate show.

Zombie Slayer

You are entitled to nothing.
Name
Dave
I have to say, I did not see that plot twist coming in this last episode. I wonder how the audience is going to react going forward.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Anyone else still watching?
When I thought the show jumped the shark I was right, in a way. In "Happy Days" the show made a remarkable turn at that point, from great to lame.
Black Sails seemed to make the same turn, in reverse.

Really kicked in to high gear and the finale was AWESOME

Hopefully they have a season 3

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Someone recently told me that this was their favorite show of all time, haha. I just downloaded season 1 and getting ready to watch first episode now....