Anyone else not as excited?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Ever since the draft ended I have found myself disenchanted with the Rams and football in general. Every other year that I can remember Ive been super excited for training camp and the season to start but not this year. I thought I could hang with this whole deal but it just seems as though my heart isn't in it to this point. I mean I shouldn't be surprised, my team got ripped away from me and is now half a country away. I know, I know you guys are just going to say get over it but I am just surprised as to how little excitement I have to this point. Football is my favorite sport and a huge passion for me but that has been kind of stolen from me. Maybe it will get better once football actually starts or after some time but I am just saddened as to how im feeling right now. Is anyone else feeling the same way?

Big Game

Living The Dream
I get what your saying Tahoe. I always looked forward to going to training camp a couple times a week or going to the Scrimmage. Many of my friends here feel the same as you, just not in to it as of yet. But once you see that first episode of Hard knocks or watch that first preseason game I bet the excitement will be there.

If you can man do like me and some buddies make a yearly trip to catch a game out in LA and enjoy a weekend on the West Coast.

(y)(y):yay::yay::yess::yess::football::football:

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Don't worry too much, it's a slow point right now. Even living in FL, I get pumped every year once the season starts. If Goff plays decent, the team should be better than the last several years and good teams are always more fun to watch.

Psycho_X

Legend
I'm with you, I still like keeping up on Rams news and I plan on getting the nfl game pass to watch all the games this season but before I would have HAD to get sunday ticket because I couldn't watch a Rams game if it wasn't live. I've never missed a Rams game in 21 seasons and have been to a lot of those in person. Now I'm still going to watch them and I want them to be good but I'm not nearly as dedicated to making sure I HAVE to watch them live. It's definitely killed my passion a bit. Maybe that comes back, maybe it eventually fades away all together. I don't know, but only time will tell.

It also doesn't help that I've always been very passionate about my team while being surrounded by nothing but Bears and Packers fans. I've gotten a lot of shit for being a fan of such a horribly managed team for the last 12 years and now I'm getting it from everyone for being a fan of such a "backstabbing", "disloyal", and "greedy" team. It's bad enough to have to fight through the pain of my own feelings but to have every NFL fan you ever talk to basically laugh at you because you're a Rams fan because of their record and now because of it's very fabric is disheartening.

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know that feeling well. But don't worry, once the season starts you'll find yourself rooting for them if you're anything like me, because it's just not easy to drop the horns.

It sucks, but better days lie ahead. What city a team's in is not so important nowadays with all the avenues for watching the game you want, and once that realization sinks in a bit I think you'll rebound fwiw.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I'm in the same boat as @Ramrasta living in FL, so I was already far from the team when they were in STL. So if you were living close to the team I could see how it would be tougher to keep your passion.

That said, I'm not only excited for football, but I'm ready for the offseason to be over at this point, getting pretty boring by this point.

I've learned to keep my optimism in check so Idk if I see us going 12-4 or 11-5 and having Goff be amazing, but I'm definitely excited to watch football again. It's also exciting having a new QB to be excited about, even if he doesn't light it up year one.

fearsomefour

Legend
I work with some baseball players in terms of training....it has gotten to the point I think I have watched 2 or 3 innings of MLB all year. Just can't watch it. It is getting to the point I dislike it.
If I am at a part exercising and I see some kids playing ball, high school age or younger, I will usually stop and watch for a little bit. That part of it, the part that is just for fun, I still enjoy.
Getting involved with the sport at some level....playing flag football adult league....coaching up some youngsters....that help reignite the fire.
Of course, some time away from a passion is good from time to time as well.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
I've never been this excited for a season! Defense should be fast and mean. Tree in the middle behind a healthy Quinn and Donald should be beastly. I don't think we'll miss a beat with the changes in the secondary either.

A franchise QB finally!?!? I can't wait to see Goff under center and commanding the offense. Gurley with a full off season of work and no brace! Get out of the way NFL defenses cause he's going to run through or over you. The line with a years growth and GRob getting some 1 on 1 coaching fron the legend Bentley has me anxious to see the big man play. And lastly all these young WR/TE picks! Two or three of these guys are going to excel and it's going to be great watching them grow.

It all is going to be capped off by being on hard knocks! Unprecedented access to our team during camp. I don't know how a Rams fan couldn't be excited about this football season. I guess it's what you make it out to be but the NFL will be exciting for this Rams fan.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I'm like @OldSchool

too pumped....real QB....with NO injury issues.....Groh the coach....Quick healthy....Gurley....and rebuilt o-line...

tahoe

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think what a lot of fans from other areas don't understand is in St Louis our sports teams are part of our identity, its hard to explain. I feel like a part of me is gone. Im trying to hang in there, I want to be excited but I'm having a hard time with it. Its like watching your ex girlfriend dating some other rich guy and trying to be happy for her. Lets hope it gets better once football starts.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
I've never been close to the rams geographically, so I can't really relate in that regard, but I am sure it is a sucky feeling.

I am dying for some football though since pretty much nothing is happening right now. Yesterday I found myself watching Tyler Higbee tape against Marshall yikes (really excited about him, he is Travis Kelce). Cant wait to get some camp reports and to see which reporters really come to forefront in LA with some premium reporting because Wags has been pretty disappointing since the move.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
In this deadzone here are a couple things that have me excited about the upcoming year

1. Speed at LB- Barron and Tree playing together full time will be fast, furious, and fun to watch 3 downs.

2. Rookie Weapons- I think Cooper and Higbee can make a big impact between the hashes. We were really missing threats across the middle last year to move the chains and create interior mismatches. I think those guys can do that in two different ways

3. Healthy Quinn playing with a rapidly ascending Donald- If Quinn is healthy and we actually have that consistent edge threat to go with the beast that is Aaron Donald watch out.

4. Goff- Honestly not expecting a ton out of him in year one, but he's going to be an upgrade over what we had and that is exciting.

5. Battles in the secondary- You could argue Tru is the only lock in the secondary, which is a bit worrying, but there are a bunch of exciting prospects who could step up like Mo Alexander, EJ coming off injury, Brian Randolph, Joyner, and TJ getting his act together. Could be a really good group

6. Gurley- Alot of his yardage came on big chunk plays which is great, but I want to see if he can progress and become a young AP behind our young improving O-line and consitently pick up 4 to 5 yards in addition to big plays he provided last year. I also want to see him get more involved in the passing game now that they aren't limiting his reps.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They moved further away from where I live and yet I haven't been this excited for a season in as long as I can remember!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand what you Missouri guys are going through. In 1995 I was not a very passionate fan of the team that left my hometown. My family actually left SoCal in 1976 for Houston Texas, which was the golden age of the Houston Oilers..We then moved to NorCal, where the Rams were despised by Niner fans (screw Joe Montana!:hatin:) and diegarded by Raider fans....Then I went in the Navy and lived near Chicago, in time for the 1985 Bears. All of this time, I lived on two sentence blurbs about the Rams game results, year after year. I'd be so desperate that I'd buy one of those horrible football magazines that were like 6 months out of date when you got them come the beginning of the season. Had no concept of what the internet would be become, and all I lived for was one game a year that I saw on TV, unless they made the playoffs.

Then the Rams moved and were no longer even in my hometown anymore in 1995. "What was I doing?" I thought. I COULD NOT become a Niners fan or a stinkin LA Raiders fan. I was locked into the Rams, especially after the 7 straight NFC West titles in the 70's. I loved the horns and had worn Rams gear throughout. I'm a Rams fan, God help me......Then the Internet happened and Super Bowl 34 happened and GSOT. I watch Rams games on bad european websits for free, and I am a regular on forums like this. I have never been this keyed in and knowledgable about the Rams and the NFL in general even compared to the 1970's, and I have lived long distance from LA since the 1970's.

So it's possible to be a long distance fan, and I hope that you St Louis guys can get enthused again about the team and its history. St Louis will always be apart of the Rams....always.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I've never been this excited for a season! Defense should be fast and mean. Tree in the middle behind a healthy Quinn and Donald should be beastly. I don't think we'll miss a beat with the changes in the secondary either.

A franchise QB finally!?!? I can't wait to see Goff under center and commanding the offense. Gurley with a full off season of work and no brace! Get out of the way NFL defenses cause he's going to run through or over you. The line with a years growth and GRob getting some 1 on 1 coaching fron the legend Bentley has me anxious to see the big man play. And lastly all these young WR/TE picks! Two or three of these guys are going to excel and it's going to be great watching them grow.

It all is going to be capped off by being on hard knocks! Unprecedented access to our team during camp. I don't know how a Rams fan couldn't be excited about this football season. I guess it's what you make it out to be but the NFL will be exciting for this Rams fan.
BIG DITTO"S!!!! My sympathies @tahoe, Truly! But I'm in Southern California and really pumped to have my team back were I can go see them a lot!!(y);):D

Rams43

Hall of Fame
I'm excited about our team this year. Not "6 year old on Christmas Eve" excited, but excited nonetheless.

I think we're on the cusp, fellas.

Goff, Higbee, and Cooper were the final missing pieces.

Yeah, the rookies are gonna have to get their feet on the ground and mistakes will be made. But the talent is now there on this roster from top to bottom.

Quite a few Pro Bowl level talent players and 2-3 that might just be in the HOF some day.

Boras and Groh encourage me, as well.

Winning football is just around the corner. Maybe even a taste of the playoffs. Those things will ignite or re ignite enthusiasm in all Ram fans.

I'm a perfect example. I live in SoCal, but the 1800 miles apart didn't lessen my joy when the GSOT occurred, trust me.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Ever since the draft ended I have found myself disenchanted with the Rams and football in general. Every other year that I can remember Ive been super excited for training camp and the season to start but not this year. I thought I could hang with this whole deal but it just seems as though my heart isn't in it to this point. I mean I shouldn't be surprised, my team got ripped away from me and is now half a country away. I know, I know you guys are just going to say get over it but I am just surprised as to how little excitement I have to this point. Football is my favorite sport and a huge passion for me but that has been kind of stolen from me. Maybe it will get better once football actually starts or after some time but I am just saddened as to how im feeling right now. Is anyone else feeling the same way?
All I can say is, hang in there tahoe.

Opening day may be the only remedy.
Watching that pigskin fly through the air to B. Cunningham, wearing those beautiful horns, may ease some of the sadness.
I feel for the fans in STL. It makes me smile knowing there are many that are sticking with OUR team.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I personally don't get too excited about Training Camp. I just suppress it until the regular season.
I know it's scar that they moved, but I'm sure it will heal, your a Ram brotheran!!!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I have been rooting for the Rams from afar, my entire life. I went decades with only one or two regular season Rams games on TV. I spent most of the 99' season watching game highlights on ESPN. At one point I paid for the radio broadcast. I have had NFL Sunday Ticket now for ten years. My level of fandom has never wavered.

I am sure it would be disappointing having the team leave after enjoying home games and camp, but you will adjust. Just remember that they are still your players that you wererooting for in St Louis. The guys on the field didn't orchestrate the move. This timeof yearis always slow. Shortly after the draft things slow down and I am happy for the break, you just need to get used to the new flow.

fancents86

Starter
Just remember, LA fans got the same treatment STL fans got years ago, yet some still hung on. I got lucky bc my father's family is in STL and my mother's is in anaheim. Even though I hate how Stan and goddell ripped the hearts out of many fans again, I do not take it out on the team that I watch every Sunday and sometimes mondays. They have no control over the situation and I will still root and support them so they can do what they do. Gotta look at the every angle and eventually you'll find some solace.