Anyone else nervous about losing Cunningham?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like the player, and he's solid in his role. But I'm not nervous about losing him. I think players with his skill set are readily available. I also think that we need a better home run hitter on kickoff returns. Benny averaged well and had above average ball control, but he didnt have the burst or elusivenss of the prototypical returner.
But isn't it true that kick off returners rarely get TD returns, like the past? I like Benny quite a lot as our back up....but if he can make a much bigger payday, elsewhere, I can't begrudge him anything. he has worked diligently for us, so I hope he makes his life better...

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Do we still have the kid from TCU ...UDFA on our roster from last year?

Aaron Green . Yes - I like him . He looked good his last 2 games at TCU.
He looked good at , Inthink both shrine & senior bowl ? Maybe a Jr. ?

He looked good in the preseason. Showed well in special teams. Why we kept Chase over him ??
He played a couple snaps late in the season & was not all that good , but who was ??

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd really love to keep Benny. He's a valuable role player. I'm a little nervous about losing him.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Obviously, we have our #1 in Gurley...

But behind him; Malcolm Brown and Aaron Green

No doubt we'll add someone else, either via draft or UDFA.

Not only was Cunningham an exceptional 3rd down option... but a viable starter in a pinch absent Gurley. I don't have the same confidence in the others.

Unlike last year, it doesn't seem the Rams are hoping to keep Cunningham. Maybe they don't feel they could match his offers... or maybe they want a different look back there?

I don't know? But losing him makes me nervous, particularly if Gurley misses any time.
I am with you CG.Cunningham is a player I had rather not lose.A bit underrated in my opinion.
He strikes me as a hard working guy who always plays hard.
I would feel more comfortable with him backing up Gurley than our youngsters.

If there were a plus side to losing him,it would be Gurley getting more opportunities in the
pass game.Something I feel the previous regime failed to utilize.Gurley showed
excellent receiving skills in college.That being said,I can not wait to see Gurley
explode next year.The man is hungry and McVay and Kromer are gonna let
the big dog eat.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If there were a plus side to losing him,it would be Gurley getting more opportunities in the
pass game.Something I feel the previous regime failed to utilize.Gurley showed
excellent receiving skills in college.

Not sure it takes losing Cunningham for that... but good point.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I was not looking for the Rams to completely re-tool at every position on the Team! I mean, WOW, we need to keep Benny around Lose one of the others if you must. We need Gurrrley/Bennnny!!(y)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Benny was one of those players I thought would become a hidden gem. I'm not sure why people say he can't break off the home run. He's done it for us in a limited role. IIRR, his 40 time is pretty damn good and he has the power to break initial tackles. I hope we can keep him.

As far as kick offs are concerned. Benny made most of those yards with his vision and skills. Fassell is a great ST coach but the returner makes the difference there.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Hopefully Benny is just looking to find his proper value in free agency, brings it back to McSnead, and we re-sign him. Same could be said for Zuerlein. Of course, limited available CAP may play a bigger role. I'm hoping we manage to bring them both back.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
One of the few guys on offense i really liked the last several years so yeah i want him back, but i understand if the new regime looks to handpick their guy behind TG.
I also think he deserves to get paid and get more opportunities.

…..

Legend
I think we'll miss him most coming out of the backfield in the passing game. If we can replace that aspect of his game we should be ok. Everyone will need to learn the offense so thers no advantage to be gained there.

But....If we can afford him, I say go for it and keep him. Theres a few running backs out there in FA that are going to command much more attention than him, so I dont know if there will be a flurry of activity for his services? I dont think Benny has been anything but a Pro since he's been there, so maturity good citizenship might work in his favor

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I think with a good run blocking line, a combo of Benny and Tavon could be more than effective filling in for TG30.

Benny prepares and plays like a pro. He is worth whatever he will make in 2017. If it were up to me, I would keep him and look for another RB in the late rounds and among UDFAs.

wolfdogg

Hall of Fame
Name
wolfdogg
Luv me some benny. He's the kind of player the rams need to keep. Always getting yards on pass plays, run plays, and over 27 Ave on kicks. Blocks well, very reliable, has everything you look for in a player, so why not pay the man? It would be a mistake to think the rams could replace him so easily.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I really wish we would keep Benny, but I don't know. You think the fact that we retained the special teams coach might be a nod in keeping Cunningham. I did like what I saw in Malcom Brown.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Would hate to lose Benny but we could probably find an RB with a similar skillset and I think we have a potentially good kick returner in Pharoh Cooper on the roster. Not worried since we can replace him but not ideal

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Why would we get nervous over losing a 2nd-3rd teamer?

Now don't get me wrong, dude gave his heart and I can appreciate that, but...

Enough with losing scrub back-ups please, this may be a good thing.

Sorry burger guy, just had to say it :LOL: