Anyone buying a new console?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
As some of you are probably aware the PS4 comes out today and the Xbox One comes out in a week. Is anyone buying a new console? If so which one, and why?

I think I'm going for the PS4 in a few months when more of the bugs are worked out. I have both a 360 and a PS3 and I like the exclusive games for playstation more. Plus, I recently bought a Vita and apparently all games for PS4 will be compatible with the Vita.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Playstation. That's all I've ever owned since they first came out.
I don't game as much as I used to, but I'm still gonna get that.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I've been an Xbox guy for the last 5 years or so, but I'm gonna be making the switch to PS4 when they came out. Xbox lost me with their initial bull shit. It took a complete lack of pre ordering and pisses off consumers to make them switch to what they should have done to begin with

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I have a ps3 and 360, will upgrade eventually after bugs all worked out and my current ones out live their usefullness in games. They are still fine for now.

bluecoconuts

Legend
PS4, but I'll get it next year, (maybe) essentially the same thing, let the bugs get worked out. Plus there aren't games foe it yet... At least not ones I want to play.

I'm going PS4 because Sony has a better relationship with small developers, and they give better games. The Last of Us is a prime example of that. Plus the PS is more powerful (although the gap is smaller than the PS3 and 360), and I don't really care about that other shit that the Xbox offers. I buy a video game console to play video games.

MFaulk107

The Realness
I'll be getting a PS4 once(like OP said) some of the bugs are sorted.
I've always been the Playstation guy. Just like them better overall, and I can't stand Xbox controllers.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
PS4, but I'll get it next year, (maybe) essentially the same thing, let the bugs get worked out. Plus there aren't games foe it yet... At least not ones I want to play.

I'm going PS4 because Sony has a better relationship with small developers, and they give better games. The Last of Us is a prime example of that. Plus the PS is more powerful (although the gap is smaller than the PS3 and 360), and I don't really care about that other shyte that the Xbox offers. I buy a video game console to play video games.
I'm with you in waiting for the bugs to he worked out, but I disagree about the reasoning of better games. I am going to sorely miss the Mass Effect series.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I am excited about "the show" tho. It all comes to preference I guess for your game style.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I prefer PS over Xbox, mainly because a lot of times Final Fantasy games(my favorite franchise) are PS exclusive, like the upcoming FFXV(previously FFvsXIII) which i have been waiting for since they announced it fucking 7 years ago!!!

I like xbox for online games(COD, Battlefield), but have always prefered PS for solo games, like The Last of Us which was mentioned earlier.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I'm with you in waiting for the bugs to he worked out, but I disagree about the reasoning of better games. I am going to sorely miss the Mass Effect series.

Most games are cross platform now.. but in terms of console exclusives, PS has always been far ahead.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Maybe in your eyes....what has ps had that competes with Halo? I don't play it, but that shit is popular. I'm just gonna miss Mass Effect series and The Elder Scrolls. the elder scrolls does come out on ps but it's later and the dc take longer to get

bluecoconuts

Legend
Elder Scrolls is a PC game that they port to console. In terms of Halo, its popular, but so is Call of Duty... doesn't make it a great game.

Its not a bad game, but its essentially just another generic shooter. Now, like COD, it survives mainly on name alone.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Playstation 4...soon as the good ole PS3 dies. Not spending $400 this time of year to get one.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Good call on waiting, my buddy baught it and I went to check it out last night. Not much of an inprovement at this time. Not $400 worth atleast IMO

bluecoconuts

Legend
Yeah, you have to give it at least a year for games to start taking advantage of the new hardware. PS3 games now compared to when they first launched look like a totally new system. Although there won't really be any major graphical improvements with these next gen stuff, it will be larger maps, more detail, better AI etc.