Anybody heard players thoughts on Frank Cignetti?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
2nd worst...

conversely, kendricks was one of the best (whom i'd rather keep any day of the week and twice on sunday)

Yes but the difference between 2nd worst and average is probably 2 drops.

iced

Yes but the difference between 2nd worst and average is probably 2 drops.

I just noticed those stats are from 2013..

but as far those drop numbers go,no it's not just a couple drops...its based on percentage - look how many other TE's had the same number of catchable balls in that link

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I just noticed those stats are from 2013..

but as far those drop numbers go,no it's not just a couple drops...its based on percentage - look how many other TE's had the same number of catchable balls in that link

OK I was wondering, because drops overall went down when Bradford wasn't playing.

Hey wait, did I just do that?

Vita

UDFA
Coach Cignetti is such a good guy! I'm happy he's getting this opportunity!
Today -James Laurinaitis on Twitter

Heard Coach Cig had a press conference today. I am so excited to see him work. He's an awesome, smart, high energy coach. Psyched.
Today - Chris Long on Twitter

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
Coach Cignetti is such a good guy! I'm happy he's getting this opportunity!
Today -James Laurinaitis on Twitter

Heard Coach Cig had a press conference today. I am so excited to see him work. He's an awesome, smart, high energy coach. Psyched.
Today - Chris Long on Twitter
He won't be coaching us, since we're on defense, but... ;)

iced

OK I was wondering, because drops overall went down when Bradford wasn't playing.

Hey wait, did I just do that?

i didn't mean they were from the same time period...bradford's 7 games aren't the same as cook's overall season..

he drops irregardless of qb

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cook gets too much crap from fans.

Agreed. Despite our QB play, he's managed to be productive. Imagine if he were playing with a Drew Brees or Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. The guy isn't Gronk but he's a lot better than some Rams fans give him credit for.

Makes me think of Janoris. Seems like his penchant for bonehead mistakes and his personality turn some people off and that affects their opinion of him as a football player.

With Bradford or a legitimate starting QB for 16 games, I think he could put up 750+ yards and 6+ TDs.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Agreed. Despite our QB play, he's managed to be productive. Imagine if he were playing with a Drew Brees or Tom Brady or Peyton Manning. The guy isn't Gronk but he's a lot better than some Rams fans give him credit for.

Makes me think of Janoris. Seems like his penchant for bonehead mistakes and his personality turn some people off and that affects their opinion of him as a football player.

With Bradford or a legitimate starting QB for 16 games, I think he could put up 750+ yards and 6+ TDs.
Which I think is too low for a player with his talent and contract.
He's an under achiever.
I'm not saying he's a bad player. He's just not what his contract says he is. At least not yet.

Vita

UDFA
He won't be coaching us, since we're on defense, but... ;)
Just good to hear from a couple vets on the team. They both sound very enthusiastic, they didn't have to comment at all.

Last edited:

bluecoconuts

Legend
2nd worst...

conversely, kendricks was one of the best (whom i'd rather keep any day of the week and twice on sunday)

Kendricks couldn't catch a cold in the beginning, it could be a learning curve with different QB's. Bradford throws a real fast ball, I think that leads to more drops. If he had more time to develop a connection with different players I think the numbers go down.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Which I think is too low for a player with his talent and contract.
He's an under achiever.
I'm not saying he's a bad player. He's just not what his contract says he is. At least not yet.

I think it's pretty reasonable for his contract. It's not like we're a team that's going to throw for 5000 yards and 40 TDs. And we actually have some depth when it comes to weapons now. Only so many yards and TDs to go around.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I think it's pretty reasonable for his contract. It's not like we're a team that's going to throw for 5000 yards and 40 TDs. And we actually have some depth when it comes to weapons now. Only so many yards and TDs to go around.
I think Kendricks could.put up those numbers for less. He's a pretty good athletic weapon himself.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Kendricks could.put up those numbers for less. He's a pretty good athletic weapon himself.

If Kendricks could, he would. Kendricks is a solid TE and a good role player but he's not the weapon that Cook is. Hell, Cook had a top 10 receiving season as a TE in 2013 and was #12 in 2014 in receiving yards among TEs...despite the Rams ranking in the bottom 10 in passing yardage both years and the QBs he had throwing to him.

Cook gets a lot of hate here but he's very arguably a top 10 receiving TE in the NFL right now. And with good QB play, he might rise even further.

Kendricks just isn't the same type of player.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Sooner or later I will figure out that blue font thing. That was pure comedy though. That guy was as dug in on Kendricks as anyone I have ever seen.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
If Kendricks could, he would. Kendricks is a solid TE and a good role player but he's not the weapon that Cook is. Hell, Cook had a top 10 receiving season as a TE in 2013 and was #12 in 2014 in receiving yards among TEs...despite the Rams ranking in the bottom 10 in passing yardage both years and the QBs he had throwing to him.

Cook gets a lot of hate here but he's very arguably a top 10 receiving TE in the NFL right now. And with good QB play, he might rise even further.

Kendricks just isn't the same type of player.
No argument regarding Cooks talent. He's a physical freak.
I just don't believe he plays as well as he could.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Came here looking for info on what players think of Cig...

Sooooo... let's talk about Cook: Guy is a monster down the seam. He may not do anything else super well but just having him run down the seam really puts stress on a defense. Literally, just having him run that one route does that. Just wish we were paying him less to run that one route.

Kendricks, he's good but he doesn't have the combo of size and speed down the seam that Cook does.