Anybody ever give p90x a shot?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BatteringRambo

Inked Gym Rat Stoner
Name
J.Fo
I'll add my take, but personally never committed to it but it wasn't from lack of interest or the overall challenge. I've been a gym rat for about 12 years, 7 pure years... I never have done roids or ped's, it just took me awhile for the first 5 years to manage college, full-time job, and partying... I'd always get the workouts in, it was the lack of sleep-damn those women, and poor eating habits until I finally wised up.

Here and there I still have an urge to give P90x a shot, but time and time again I end up back doing free weights and various plyo's.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Can't stand going to the gym, never have. I just do the same workout we usually did in the Military (no weights or anything).. I adjusted it a little bit for 'civilian' life though, as well as have an on ice version for hockey since I find it more fun, but this is the lowdown:

Day One (Monday):

Two minutes of Push-Ups (minimum of 75 push-ups, if you cannot do 75, then do as many as you can, stop at the time break, and then continue onto 75).

Two minutes of Sit-Ups (minimum of 85 sit-ups, if you cannot do 85, then do as many as you can, stop at the time break, and then continue onto 85).

100 Overhead Arm Claps (four count)

30 Oblique Sit-Ups (start as a sit-up postion, then cross your left leg with your right, and lay your left arm strait out to the side on the ground. With your right arm behind your head, bend up and touch your right elbow with your left knee. After 30 is done, switch sides and do another 30).

20 Jacobs latter's (start kneeling, do 20 four count Military presses, then 20 push-ups. Then 19 four count Military Presses, 19 push-ups. All the way down to 1)

20 Levels (lay flat on your back, do 20 crunches, then bring your legs up as you would during a si- up, do 20 crunches. Then pick your feet up like a regular crunch, do 20 crunches, then put your legs strait up in the air, do 20 crunches, then down to the regular crunch position, sit-up position, then flat again)

20 Spider Push-Ups (as you go down for each push-up, bend one leg up in an L shape to the side, as you come up, bring it back to the regular start position. Alternate legs for each push up.)

20 Dive Bomber Push-Ups (Begin with your hands and feet on the floor and your hips raised, so your body forms an inverted V, then go down as a push-up, and swoop your chest froward, and raise back up, somewhat like how a dive bomber making a straffing run. Then reverse it, and go back to the start position.

50 Ranger Flutter Kicks (do a regular four count flutter kick, but each time you raise your leg up, clap your hands under your leg, one on the outside of the leg, one one the inside, clapping under your leg.)

40 Jane Fonda's (also known as a fire hydrant, start on your knees, raise one leg up to the side, 90 degree's. Like a dog pissing on a firehydrant. Do 40 four count on each leg)

Day Two (Tuesday):

If I'm not on the ice
100 meter dash.
40 meter dash.
Suicides.
and variations of sprints. Karaokies, running backwards, high knee's, ass kickers, etc.. I just kind of wing this one to be honest and pick different things.

If I am on the ice
15 minutes of bag skates
180 foot dash (redline to redline, it's not exactly 180 feet, but I just rounded)
1 way circles (skate in a circle basically)
Various other backwards skating, crossovers, and other skating drills, usually I'll throw in some shooting and stuff with it.

Day Three (Wednesday):
Repeat Day One

Day Four (Thursday):
One ice workout. Somewhat of a rest type day in the sense that it's more fun. I get on the ice and do different shooting drills, passing drills etc.

Day Five (Friday):
10 Mile Long Distance Run at my own pace. Only rule is NO WALKING. I run at roughly a 6 minute mile pace.

Day Six (Saturday):
One ice workout with various shooting, passing, agility drills.

Day Seven (Sunday):
Rest

My buddy and I usually do this together, and my girlfriend tries to join with us sometimes, but she usually can't quite keep up (she's not a strong skater either, but she does the best she can).... It's a pretty intense workout though

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
P90X looks like too much cardio for me. I freaking hate cardio.

Like Beast Mode here, I do free weights. I did do Cybergenics for a while though, and pick it back up again every 6 months or so. Cybergenics is a free weight work-out where you build muscle through lifting to failure, and then lifting to negative-failure. Negative failure is lowing the weight on your own, and getting your spotter to lift it back up so you can lower it again. You keep doing that until you can't even lower it on your own anymore. Talk about a burn.

The only cardio I get is......

well.......

you know.