Anybody else dislike Urban Myer?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes. Urban Meyer is a spineless, dishonest, scumbag.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sorry Gentlemen...Did not like him before he became Head Coach of my beloved Buckeyes! BTW Could not stand Jeff Fisher either, before....

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry Gentlemen...Did not like him before he became Head Coach of my beloved Buckeyes! BTW Could not stand Jeff Fisher either, before....

I liked him even after he left UF until I found out all the shit he did down here. I have no respect for him after that.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Urban Meyer unappreciation thread. I love it!

I wanted Meyer as the coach back when PSU was going through the scandal and Joe's health was quickly fading. I had apprehensions because I was familiar with his scumbaggery, but I felt that if anyone could keep the program afloat through Sanctions it was Meyer. Urban suddenly appeared out of the woodwork and befriended Paterno. He seemed to be deliberately moving into position to takeover despite the sanctions. He got involved with the coaches and seemed to be taking in the way things were done. I was hopeful, even though I disliked him.

Turns out he just was picking Joe's brain and cherry picking PSUs best recruits and even one very good coach and took them to Ohio State. When the Sanctions hit and PSUs players were allowed to transfer without penalty the Illinois coaching staff showed up banging on players doors and were criticized as vultures. However Urban did the same with the recruits and it barely was mentioned.

While he was at Florida:
I recall his recruiting schpiel to Sharif Floyd. Floyd was a sought after recruit and he displayed a lack of direction in his decision making process. He committed to PSU, then Notre Dame then it was thought he was headed to OSU. His guidance counselor began to work with him thru the process to help him decide because Sharif lacked the parental Guidance to wade through the decision. Then Urban magically has a dream and he calls Sharif up in the middle of the night and tells him about it. He said he dreamt about winning a National Title and Sharif was standing on the sideline next to him. Floyd was hooked. Now maybe some of you might think that is how to recruit, but I think it is a sleazy tactic to take advantage of a weak psyche. The next year Urban was gone from Florida. So much for his dream of winning it all with his new best bud Sharif.

In my list of 5 most hated people in college football Urban comes in at number 3, behind Jameis Winston and a vacated spot just to occupy my left over hatred of Jameis Winston.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I liked him even after he left UF until I found out all the crap he did down here. I have no respect for him after that.

I'm not here to defend him and you and I know that there is always a fine line (especially with you studying law) and hope not to cross it, but one day you do and then before you know it, there is no line.

Many would write the same about Nick Saban especially people at LSU and in South Florida (Dolphins) and the list goes on and on. It does not make it right and as a fan you would like to think he's doing the right things at your school.

But I totally understand if there is one thing that I have always tried to preach to my children and is business is the only you really have is your integrity and it should be above reproach, however, I also understand that sometimes there are things that have to be done for the goodness of the cause and that is where the lines are drawn and when one has to decide what is morally right or wrong and it is also where that becomes somewhat clouded and can affect your judgment.

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
In my list of 5 most hated people in college football Urban comes in at number 3, behind Jameis Winston and a vacated spot just to occupy my left over hatred of Jameis Winston.

And it's not clouded at all because of your love of the Florida Gators, right?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
The gator fans call him Urban Liar. Which I absolutely love being that I'm a Nole.

The "Old Ball Coach" Steve Spurrier is still adored by the gator fans even though he coaches for another SEC team. He will always be loved by the Florida fans.... but even though Urban won while he was a gator, his exit and the trail of shit he left will never be forgiven by the UF fans. Hahahahaha

He is a fucking weasel.

And it's not clouded at all because of your love of the Florida Gators, right?

Of course it is, it's influenced by him quoting, coming back simply for the money and half assing his job for a year, setting us back a few years, it's about the way he conducted the program whilst he was here, putting wins above the integrity of the program, and it's about no one who knew him when he was at Florida having a single good word to say about him.

I doubt I'd care too much about the stench he left if I didn't care about Florida.

The gator fans call him Urban Liar. Which I absolutely love being that I'm a Nole.

The "Old Ball Coach" Steve Spurrier is still adored by the gator fans even though he coaches for another SEC team. He will always be loved by the Florida fans.... but even though Urban won while he was a gator, his exit and the trail of crap he left will never be forgiven by the UF fans. Hahahahaha

He is a freaking weasel.

In his defence he never stood behind a rapist, I suppose there's different levels of scumbag.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Of course it is, it's influenced by him quoting, coming back simply for the money and half assing his job for a year, setting us back a few years, it's about the way he conducted the program whilst he was here, putting wins above the integrity of the program, and it's about no one who knew him when he was at Florida having a single good word to say about him.

I doubt I'd care too much about the stench he left if I didn't care about Florida.

Good points sir and thank you for being upfront I don't disagree and I could not stand him at Florida and was not doing cartwheels when he was hired at Ohio State. I graduated from the University of Dayton so I am not an alum, but got caught up in the magic when I went to watch every game in Columbus when I was in Ohio for several years.

Do I think he's changed? No, but I do think he's had somewhat of an epiphany and being that this is his last job I don't think he'll leave like he did at Florida. However, one cannot debate that the guys does win, but so does Bobby Petrino so I get where you're coming from.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
In his defence he never stood behind a rapist, I suppose there's different levels of scumbag.
Ouch

Jimbo Fisher does seen pretty scummy to me. Most college football coaches do. Why do most college football coaches seen like buttholes?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Well, I'm not going to go "there" with you.

Urban certainly did have a cast of deviants that he stood behind while in command. See Hernandez as a prime suspect. But whatever Dude.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Ouch

Jimbo Fisher does seen pretty scummy to me. Most college football coaches do. Why do most college football coaches seen like buttholes?

Because most of them are like Lawyers...No offense jrry!

Well, I'm not going to go "there" with you.

Urban certainly did have a cast of deviants that he stood behind while in command. See Hernandez as a prime suspect. But whatever Dude.

To be fair I don't think Hernandez killed anyone whilst at Florida, but I agree it wasn't the cleanest program under Urban, that's the main reason I never hated Muschamp, he was an awful coach, but did a lot to clean us up.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
To be fair I don't think Hernandez killed anyone whilst at Florida, but I agree it wasn't the cleanest program under Urban, that's the main reason I never hated Muschamp, he was an awful coach, but did a lot to clean us up.
I think he did kill someone during his time at Florida, didn't he? Thought I read that somewhere.

I think he did kill someone during his time at Florida, didn't he? Thought I read that somewhere.

I think they were looking into it, but never found anything. I may be wrong. I'm pretty sure we didn't bury it or we'd of been Penn Stated.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Amazing how fans never hate what a coach does while the program iis winning but when he lleaves he is the worst thing ever for what he did to win