Anybody Against Taking A Wr Not Named Watkins?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I know there are a ton of people on here screaming for Watkins with the first pick and say if its not Watkins then I dont want any WR taken. Yet I keep hearing this is the deepest draft for WRs maybe ever. Who do you guys think will fall to the second round say if we had the browns second round pick that you would be ok with taking if we dont draft Watkins. I keep leaning twards wanting to target Jordan Mathews in the second and Just trade down as many times as we can early to aquire more picks since this draft is so deep. If you want watkins I think you can throw multiple trades out the window because I dont belive he will be there past the raiders. So thats another question would you rather trade down with cleavland at 4 and draft watkins or trade down a 2nd time with atlanta and really stock pile some early round picks?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Odell Beckham, and believe it or not, I could see Marqise Lee falling to the upper 20s in the first or maybe out of the first round.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I agree completely. Most people think Watkins is a must but this draft is so deep at WR, somebody is going to end up being a steal at a later pick. With names like Marqise Lee, Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin, Jarvis Landry, Brandin Cooks, and Allen Robinson, we could easily afford to wait. Trading down twice would be unlikely but an inspirational move if it was pulled off. Greatest deal of all time type of move and only moving back 4 spots.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I like Mike Evans, Odell Beckham and Jordan Matthews in the first 40 picks or so.

Matthews, Robinson (Penn State), Adams (Fresno State) would all be nice second round targets.

If you don't mind having all 3 of your starting WRs under 6 ft then Beckham Jr (LSU), Lee (USC) and Cooks (Oregon State) are all nice players.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Mike Evans @ 13 >>> Sammy Watkins @ 2-6

He's a witch! BURRN HIIIM!!! Lol

The scenario, not players, may actually work out better for the Rams. Landing Evans along with Robinson/Mathews could outweigh Watkins and LB/Lewan/FS etc.

Can't say I'm against it but I still want Watkins. Watkins is the sexy pick this year like Tavon was last year. I'm all BPMA...

Best. Play. Maker. Available.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Give me Jordan Matthews in the 2nd or Donte Moncreif in the 4th if we dont grab Watkins.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Evans I want more size ,especially if we send Pettis packing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - I think if we are going to try and find a future #1 - I'd like to see them go big target.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I agree completely. Most people think Watkins is a must but this draft is so deep at WR, somebody is going to end up being a steal at a later pick. With names like Marqise Lee, Mike Evans, Kelvin Benjamin, Jarvis Landry, Brandin Cooks, and Allen Robinson, we could easily afford to wait. Trading down twice would be unlikely but an inspirational move if it was pulled off. Greatest deal of all time type of move and only moving back 4 spots.

I think there is a very good chance just IMO it could very well go like this

Texans. QB
Browns trade up scared they wont get there guy with 1 already gone and take a QB
Jags QB leftovers
Rams trade again with falcons drooling over clowney.

I think that is a very possible scenario. that would net us at least a couple of extra second round picks and maybe a 1 next year. and still sitting with either watkins, robinson or matthews if thats who there targeting minus whoever oakland picks.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I wouldn't say I'm against...just wouldn't be a priority outside of Watkins.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I would rather have Rodinson/Clowney/ Matthews at 2 and Evans at 13 than Watkins at 2 and Lewan/ Dix/ Pryor at 13.
More talent in the former, more impact players.
But hard to tell now who would be BPA at 13 right now.

tonyl711

Starter
WR isn't our biggest need, so if its not Watkins I would rather build up the secondary and Oline with the first 2 or 3 rounds, we have enough WRs with potential so I wouldn't take one if it weren't Watkins.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I just don't get why it's a priority with Watkins and then everyone else is chopped liver. That's very narrow minded, imo.

I have to agree. Though I'd love to have Watkins and think he is the most talented, that doesn't mean that many of the WR's in the rest of the draft can't become as productive, or even have more productive NFL careers. This is a insanely deep draft class. The 2nd and 3rd tiers are the deepest I can remember. Starters will be found through much of the draft at WR, not just in the 1st round, let alone the first WR taken.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I just don't get why it's a priority with Watkins and then everyone else is chopped liver. That's very narrow minded, imo.
Because IMO Watkins is a special player. There are other good receivers in the draft but not so much that to the point that you go out of your way to ensure you get one. There are no sure things with any pick, but Watkins looks like the real deal...the others? Well they could be, but I haven't seen (which doesn't mean it's 100% fact by any means) anything that tells me we are getting more than what we already have if we take any of the others.

I'm not saying I'm not impressed with any of the other receivers, just that if Snead is serious when he says the Rams are happy with what they have then I wouldn't roll the dice with one of the other guys later in the draft unless they grade out as the best player with the same grade of need as someone at another position.

A55VA6

Legend
There's a lot of WR's I like. I just want the best picks that will help the team.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I have to agree. Though I'd love to have Watkins and think he is the most talented, that doesn't mean that many of the WR's in the rest of the draft can't become as productive, or even have more productive NFL careers. This is a insanely deep draft class. The 2nd and 3rd tiers are the deepest I can remember. Starters will be found through much of the draft at WR, not just in the 1st round, let alone the first WR taken.

I don't disagree...but the Rams seem to have plenty of 2nd and 3rd tier guys...Watkins projects as a top tier talent, being compared to Green and Jones...we need that, not a complimentary player. That's all I'm saying. I'm not sure there are really any other WRs worth maneuvering around to get.