Any Xbox 360 Gamers Got Some Advice?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm not very good at the more advanced 1st person shooter games like Call of Duty.

I just got Walking Dead:Survival instinct for xmas and am about to finish it.

Any other games like this that I might enjoy? I like more serious adventure games but I don't care I don't need them to be extremely hard, I'm just not "advanced" enough for those to keep my interest.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I love the mass effect series.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I haven't played the walking dead yet, I was scared it would be cheesy and short.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I haven't played the walking dead yet, I was scared it would be cheesy and short.
I don't have a lot of experience with these type of games...but it does seem short. There are a lot of side missions that after a while become repetitive.

I think it was a good game for someone like myself, not really into games but wanted to try something out.

A lot of the online reviews were negative...overall I enjoyed it, but I'm sure there are many better games out there.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  1. Trade it for a PS3
  2. Get The Last of Us
  3. Come back and thank me
That game looks great, but I'm not going through the effort of trading in my Xbox...it's something to pass the time but not something that I put that much energy into.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Thanks for the tips fellas!

JoeBo21

Hall of Fame
The Walking Dead series by Telltale Games puts that survival instinct to shame. It got game of the year last year! you can download it from the xbox marketplace, each episode is like $4 I think.

Also the latest Tomb Raider got good reviews and looks pretty awesome

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'd suggest the Mass Effect series as well. Six classes to choose from, a whole host of squadmates (human and alien alike), a whole host of choices to make, an amazing plotline (up until the ending of 3), and so many intriguing side missions to do. The only problem is that you'll have to buy all three games and play them from the first one to the last in order to get the full experience.

Memento

Name
Jemma
All 3 o the Dead Space games are great.

I've played the first two...and I'll tell you, they can be brutally difficult and complicated if you don't know what to do in the exact situation. And it's, in my honest opinion, a lot harder than most FPS games (even though it's an over-the-shoulder shooter) because you have to aim for much smaller targets, deal with enemies/traps/etc. that can automatically kill you, sometimes have to button-mash to save yourself from a gruesome and gory death, sometimes have limited supplies...and that's just Easy mode. It's fun, it's frightening, and the first two were genuinely a joy to play, but it can be fucking difficult as hell with the puzzles and the "dismemberment" system they have going - and from what Sum's saying, I don't know if he wants a game that's as difficult to play as the DS series.

On a mildly-related note, I completely disagree on the third game being anything close to great as a diehard Dead Space fan...but that is for another discussion.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I've played the first two...and I'll tell you, they can be brutally difficult and complicated if you don't know what to do in the exact situation. And it's, in my honest opinion, a lot harder than most FPS games (even though it's an over-the-shoulder shooter) because you have to aim for much smaller targets, deal with enemies/traps/etc. that can automatically kill you, sometimes have to button-mash to save yourself from a gruesome and gory death, sometimes have limited supplies...and that's just Easy mode. It's fun, it's frightening, and the first two were genuinely a joy to play, but it can be freaking difficult as hell with the puzzles and the "dismemberment" system they have going - and from what Sum's saying, I don't know if he wants a game that's as difficult to play as the DS series.

On a mildly-related note, I completely disagree on the third game being anything close to great as a diehard Dead Space fan...but that is for another discussion.

Thanks for the info...maybe I'll check it out if I get some more game play hours in.:wink:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Good to see you back in the fray, Mem. :bigup:

Memento

Name
Jemma
Thanks for the info...maybe I'll check it out if I get some more game play hours in.:wink:

Good luck. Expect to die a ton. :p I know; I've been there. And I'm serious about hyping up the Mass Effect series as well. I've noticed in a couple of stores that they have all three ME games as a package on sale for a very good price. I got a used ME3 game for 17.99, and the other two for less (as used games). It's like a mix between an RPG and an over-the-shoulder shooter, but it's truly a blast to play, and because there's so many ways you can go with six classes and many, many choices you can make (Paragon or Renegade), its replay-value is amazing as well. And it's not nearly as complicated or difficult as DS is; so long as you explore everything (and I mean everything), you'll be fine.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Assassin's Creed Black Flag! Huge open worlds, sail the Caribbean Islands, you can go stealth or gung-ho, kickass music, follow treasure maps, and most of all you get to be a pirate!!!! ARRRRRGGHHH!!!!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Assassin's Creed Black Flag! Huge open worlds, sail the Caribbean Islands, you can go stealth or gung-ho, kickass music, follow treasure maps, and most of all you get to be a pirate!!!! ARRRRRGGHHH!!!!
When I bought my xbox from a friend he gave me a bunch of games with it...there is an Assassins Creed game, I need to check it out.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Ive played a few AC games, but havent played the new one yet, heard it was really good though. Have you tried Battlefield? Its like CoD which you like, though i havent played in a while and sucked ass at it. The maps are much much much bigger than CoD but the graphics are amazing, especially with buildings being able to be blown apart and shit. My experience from the game was this - Run 10 minutes across a map trying to find someone, get killed, run 10 minutes across a map, get killed, repeat......didn't play it a lot though so sucked.