Any WWE fans out there?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Years ago, I found a series of DVDs in Walmart's bargain bin that had early stuff of Austin, Mick Foley and Booker T that apparently Vince didn't own the footage of. One match was claimed to be Austin's debut match, and it was against "The Punisher", who was the future Undertaker in a mask. He was even doing some of the later trademark stuff he'd do as The Undertaker, such as his leaping clothesline.

The Foley one was interesting, because it discussed some matches that Foley talked about in his first book.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Mick Foley is cool. I ran into him at Universal Studios when I was there with my family, and he held a conversation with me for a good 10 minutes. It was hilarious because he wasn't even trying to be inconspicuous. He was walking around in a big black shirt with a red & black flannel shirt over that, and those loose ass black sweats. Dude's got a shit load of scars, and I got to hear about a good many of them too.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wrestling was at it's best when you had Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan as the commentators. They were superb together.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Wrestling was at it's best when you had Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby "The Brain" Heenan as the commentators. They were superb together.
My personal pick for best announcer team ever. Jim Ross/Jerry Lawler is 2nd.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I grew up on Gordon Solie. He was the best.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I grew up on Gordon Solie. He was the best.
I missed out on Solie, as I was WWF-exclusive (other than getting into the sport through GLOW, and giving up on that when David McClane was forced out, then started a new promotion, and brought all the women who could actually wrestle with him) and didn't watch NWA/WCW until the New World Order angle began.

But I know JR swears by the guy, and he seemed pretty good in the matches I've seen since with him commentating.

You know speaking of, it's pretty interesting to me how JR's voice became noticeably lower in pitch over the years.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Well, I was a little kid back during the Solie years. Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, the Iron Sheik, Jack and Jerry Brisco, Gene and Otis Anderson, Ivan Koloff, and guys like that. I think I was around 11 or 12 years old. Back when you were 100% convinced that was all real.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
Well, I was a little kid back during the Solie years. Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair, the Iron Sheik, Jack and Jerry Brisco, Gene and Otis Anderson, Ivan Koloff, and guys like that. I think I was around 11 or 12 years old. Back when you were 100% convinced that was all real.
Speaking of Dusty, his two sons (different mothers and pretty big age difference) are currently working as a tag team and until recently were the tag team champions.

His oldest son Dustin (aka Goldust) is actually wrestling tons better than he did back in the Attitude era. It's pretty amazing.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Speaking of Dusty, his two sons (different mothers and pretty big age difference) are currently working as a tag team and until recently were the tag team champions.

His oldest son Dustin (aka Goldust) is actually wrestling tons better than he did back in the Attitude era. It's pretty amazing.
lol. Goldust. I hated that character.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.prowrestlinghistory.com/supercards/usa/wwf/wwfuk.html

I went to the very first UK tour event in 1989. My old man surprised me with the tickets, great days! Every seat had a poster of Hulk Hogan on it, I picked up loads of them from the empty seats and then sold them for 50p at school as wrestling was just becoming popular over here then.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
This thread should probably be moved into the new WWE folder now.