Any word on Brockers?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I heard that he's in a walking boot and that his ankle X-ray was negative for a fracture, but I also heard he was getting an MRI today. Does anyone know the results yet?

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
According to JT of the PD Brockers has a damn high ankle sprain. I've had about enough of freakin' high ankle sprains.

Defensive tackle Michael Brockers has a high-ankle sprain, which means he could be sidelined for the first month of his rookie season.

Brockers was the No. 14 overall pick in last April's draft out of Louisiana State, and the Rams were pleased with what they had seen from him in training camp and the preseason.

Brockers had his right ankle encased in a cast almost up to the knee on Friday.

He suffered the injury in the first quarter of Thursday night's 31-17 victory over Baltimore when he was cut blocked on a running play.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... QY.twitter

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
brokeu91 said:
According to JT of the PD Brockers has a damn high ankle sprain. I've had about enough of freakin' high ankle sprains.

Defensive tackle Michael Brockers has a high-ankle sprain, which means he could be sidelined for the first month of his rookie season.

Brockers was the No. 14 overall pick in last April's draft out of Louisiana State, and the Rams were pleased with what they had seen from him in training camp and the preseason.

Brockers had his right ankle encased in a cast almost up to the knee on Friday.

He suffered the injury in the first quarter of Thursday night's 31-17 victory over Baltimore when he was cut blocked on a running play.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... QY.twitter

43458d1323612693-listen-up-whoooot-whooot-fffffuuuuu-4163_preview.png

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
At least its not a knee... that's what I thought when I watched it happen .

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
That is fuckin...damn. C'mon man.

At least it wasn't a fracture or something.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
Maybe better than originally believed:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Rams first-round pick Michael Brockers' ankle injury should only cost him 2-4 weeks.

La Canfora's report indicates Brockers avoided a dreaded high ankle sprain. Whereas the Rams may have been without Brockers until Week 4, they may now get him back as soon as Week 2 or 3. St. Louis will struggle to stop running games as long as Brockers is missing from the lineup. Look for the Rams to turn to a rotation of Matt Conrath and Kellen Heard to replace him against Detroit.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
Angry Ram said:
That is fuckin...damn. C'mon man.

At least it wasn't a fracture or something.

Well, if it really is a high ankle sprain a fracture might have been better.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
libertadrocks said:
Maybe better than originally believed:

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports Rams first-round pick Michael Brockers' ankle injury should only cost him 2-4 weeks.

La Canfora's report indicates Brockers avoided a dreaded high ankle sprain. Whereas the Rams may have been without Brockers until Week 4, they may now get him back as soon as Week 2 or 3. St. Louis will struggle to stop running games as long as Brockers is missing from the lineup. Look for the Rams to turn to a rotation of Matt Conrath and Kellen Heard to replace him against Detroit.
I've heard something similar too. That's great news. We really need him clogging up the middle, he does that better than anyone else on our team. I don't think the Lions are planning on running that much, but the next three weeks we got the Redskins, the Bears, and the Seahawks. Each one of those teams like to run and each one more than the previous one. We really need Brockers back for the Seahawks.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Off of Facebook comments regarding the injury :lol:

The Black Cloud hovering over Rams Park continues to hold steady. If not for bad luck, the Rams would have none at all. The only breaks this organization seems to catch are the broken bodies on their roster. It's as if they made a 'deal with the devil' to win it all in '99 in exchange for a future of long term suffering.
:roll: :boing:

paceram

Pro Bowler
I hate to sound stupid and I apologize if this has been reported but can someone give an update on Michael Brockers injury. Seems to me I am reading conflicting stories (High ankle sprain - Not good, Not a High ankle sprain and hopefully back in a couple of weeks) and just wondering which one is correct.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that it is not the high ankle sprain and that he can begin playing again in a couple of weeks.

I have been a Rams fan a long time and I can't remember the Rams Defensive Line (and, I think their Offensive Line is getting there as well) ever being this big. Fisher is putting some huge players on that line which will hopefully slow down the opponents running game and also keep their OL off of James Laurinaitis and the other Rams LB's!

paceram

Pro Bowler
Iron Lion - Since the Rams will apparently be playing without their top DT Michael Brockers this Sunday how about
the Lions sit Suh and we call it even? Just a Thought!

Iron Lion

Starter
paceram said:
Iron Lion - Since the Rams will apparently be playing without their top DT Michael Brockers this Sunday how about

Deal. But you have to sit Jackson and Pead because we don't have our top 2 RBs, okay?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Iron Lion said:
paceram said:

Deal. But you have to sit Jackson and Pead because we don't have our top 2 RBs, okay?
Deal. And you sit Megatron, because we had to release *our* 6'5" receiver.

No height advantages.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Iron Lion - If you will agree to X's proposal and sit Suh AND Megatron we will be friends for LIFE!

Memento

Name
Jemma
X said:
Iron Lion said:
paceram said:

No height advantages.

Yeah, but then we'd have to sit Langford as well. Otherwise, it's not fair to them, since they have Nick Fairley. And we'd have to sit Finnegan to make our corners more even...

:razzed:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Memento said:
X said:
Iron Lion said:
paceram said:

No height advantages.

Yeah, but then we'd have to sit Langford as well. It's not fair to them, since they have Nick Fairley. And we'd have to sit Finnegan to make our corners more even...

Let's do this then.

Fisher and Schwartz at the 50 yard line -- 10 oz. gloves. :twisted:

Memento

Name
Jemma
X said:
Memento said:
X said:
Iron Lion said:
paceram said:

No height advantages.

Yeah, but then we'd have to sit Langford as well. It's not fair to them, since they have Nick Fairley. And we'd have to sit Finnegan to make our corners more even...

Let's do this then.

Fisher and Schwartz at the 50 yard line -- 10 oz. gloves. :twisted:

I wouldn't mind paying to see that. :cheese: