Any Resume wizards/builders in the house? Could use some advice.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know what you mean my friend. I've went through college/tech school before.

1. Yes, the first page had better be interesting. They won't look at the 2nd page if not. Actually a cover letter better be interesting to them. :cool:

2. I don't have an objective section. I did when younger but now too old. I do have a career profile section where the objective should go. it's a highlight of my experience.

3. I have a chronological resume for what I've been doing lately. My resume as a technician is different. Same as with retail from owning my own store. I am targeting resumes.

4. Making it clear, concise, and straight to the point can be difficult, especially when using item 5 and if you've done many things on a job, especially wearing more than 1 hat, so to speak. :cool:

5. I'm here man. Trust me. They want to know you can make them $$$$.

6. never have lied. That crap will haunt you. Very sound advice though.

7. This can go with #5. Maybe use bold? I have also used use to working in extreme cold, heat, noisy, and dirty environments. That's prolly more better used in a cover letter though (?).

8. The Cover Letter also helps out big time here. Don't ever underestimate a cover letter. it can separate you from the pack in a heartbeat. In good and bad ways..

Thanks for your time my friend and it's much appreciated. I mean that. Peace.

Yea, I'd say that would fit better in a Cover Letter and in the interview setting.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea, I'd say that would fit better in a Cover Letter and in the interview setting.

My apologies.. What would fit better in a cover letter? Interview setting?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My apologies.. What would fit better in a cover letter? Interview setting?

7. This can go with #5. Maybe use bold? I have also used use to working in extreme cold, heat, noisy, and dirty environments. That's prolly more better used in a cover letter though (?).

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff

Ahhh.... lol.. Your quote didn't go down that far for me so I was confused. I'm using chrome.. Maybe that's why? I just saw the first 3.. Thanks though.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
All this resume stuff said.. I had an interview with UPS for a seasonal job yesterday. 45 minutes after the interview the cat called me and offered me the job. Again, it's seasonal but with decent pay for around here. Funny thing about it was I just filled out an online app. When I went in for interview I took resume and references just in case. After the interview I asked him if he wanted a copy of my resume. He laughed and said no, that my app and things I told him in interview stood on their own. lol

I had orientation today, and start next week. I'm just a driver helper and again it's seasonal, but looking forward to it. I am a Teamster again.. :cool:

bluecoconuts

Legend
Congrats, they may keep you hired on if you're a really good employee, but money is money, and its always easier to find a job when you have one.