Any Quinn Ojinnakas expected on final countdown?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Didn't he start throughout the preseason last year only to fail to make the final cut?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
It's more like Bilbo's "There and Back Again" book.
Second stint with Rams
Ojinnaka signed with the St. Louis Rams on March 22, 2012. He was waived on September 2, 2012.
He was resigned on September 12, 2012 when Scott Wells injured his foot and Robert Turner moved from left guard to center.
He was released again on October 22, 2012.

I'm not sure what you mean by players like Ojinnaka. There will be at least 19 cuts and that doesn't count the cuts that will result from us picking up cuts from other teams (if we do).

Slappy967

Starter
I think he means guys who were on the team, got cut and became pro wrestlers?
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU616WTLt1o" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU616WTLt1o</a>

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
:hahaha:

I think Hus might go back to playing soccer. That's almost the same thing as Pro Wrestling isn't it?

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
albefree69 said:
Second stint with Rams
Ojinnaka signed with the St. Louis Rams on March 22, 2012. He was waived on September 2, 2012.
He was resigned on September 12, 2012 when Scott Wells injured his foot and Robert Turner moved from left guard to center.

I'm not sure what you mean by players like Ojinnaka. There will be at least 19 cuts and that doesn't count the cuts that will result from us picking up cuts from other teams (if we do).

Simple question really regarding a possible surprise cut within the final cuts.

Ojinnaka started every preseason game, but got cut on the final cutdown. How often does this happen?

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Memphis Ram refined his question:
Ojinnaka started every preseason game, but got cut on the final cutdown. How often does this happen?

That's a good observation and a great question. I don't remember that ever happening before so I doubt it's a trend. :lol:
I'm probably not the best person to ask but I sure don't see that happening with anyone on our roster this year. I imagine the only scenario where that could play out is on a vet player whose salary suddenly became too much to carry like Dahl. Problem with that thought is we don't have enough of a bench to make that viable but I suppose if he had a season ending injury after the last preseason game he might get cut considering his age and recent injury history.

Just a guess.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memphis Ram said:
albefree69 said:
Second stint with Rams

Simple question really regarding a possible surprise cut within the final cuts.

I don't think this type of thing happens often, but it happens. It was one of my very few questions about the coaching staff. I thought they should be giving more 1st team reps to guys that might have to play, like Watkins for instance. When Watkins did get in a game, he wasn't ready, but how could he be? He never saw first teamers.

It seems as if the staff is doing it a little different this year, and getting more guys reps with the first units. I think we will even see Benny, and Zac, and Terrance get some snaps with our best lines before the preseason is over.

If we had one more guard, or Barnes, or Jones were getting quality reps, and played well, Dahl could be that surprise cut. It won't happen with just Smith, and Williams though.

Memphis Ram

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Someone on another board wondered about Harvey Dahl due to his cap number, but I wonder if Darian Stewart could be an option as a surprise cut.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Memphis Ram said:
Someone on another board wondered about Harvey Dahl due to his cap number, but I wonder if Darian Stewart could be an option as a surprise cut.
I can predict this, there will be a surprise cut at safety, I just can't put a name to him yet.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
We can't afford to have another Ojinnaka situation. I'm not liking what I'm hearing about Dahl this year.

I'm not worried yet though.