Any of you guys into dogs? I wanna talk presa canario

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It is a bad ass lookin dog man. If I had 50+ acres, and struck oil, I would buy one.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
The breeder that i'm going to use comes highly rated. She has several performance trial and show champions. She gives a two year guarantee on the dogs hips and heart. Before your pup is shipped, she will crop the ears (if you so desire), train to walk on a leash, socialize with kids and other animals, all inoculations, and an international microchip will be inserted.
Most of the breeders that ive spoken with give guarantees, but none like hers.
The breeder in the video that i posted has an excellent kennel also. He owns the only two master supreme grand champion presas in the world and their mother and daughter.

Alright, you do know about it more than me. Do what you want, and I'm sure you're smart enough to make your judgement.

I'd just be wary about going international, but that just me.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
If you know how to train them to be obedient then you should understand who will be around them and what dangers there may be. Smaller dogs can be aggressive but do less damage than big ones. If I had kids or a wife that wasn't trained to handle them, I'd be cautious.

RamSECUT

UDFA
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If you know how to train them to be obedient then you should understand who will be around them and what dangers there may be. Smaller dogs can be aggressive but do less damage than big ones. If I had kids or a wife that wasn't trained to handle them, I'd be cautious.

So true, but my last breed was the American pit bull terrier. All of my dogs loved kids, and the only incident that i ever had, was when a drug addict tried to break in my home. My dog didn't bite him, but it did keep him on the porch until myself and the proper authorities arrived

Ozoneranger

Rookie
I'll chime in here.

Years ago, I worked for FedEx. After being threatened by traditionally aggressive dogs (rotts and pits) several times over the years, I was finally attacked by a Pit. This is not a pleasant experience, let me tell you.

In most cases, I cannot blame the dog. They're just a reflection of the owner. In my case, and the case above with the Whipple case, it was complete callousness of the owner. They didn't give a shit. Almost like sociopaths.

That's what scares me about aggressive breeds. The owner.

By the way...I own a beagle and a mixed, small rescue.

RamSECUT

UDFA
Just to give you guys a little history of the breed. It went extinct, and was brought back into existence by selective breeding, starting in 1975. The breeds used to recreate the original presa were as follows: The neapolitan and english mastiff, english bulldog, bull terrier and staffordshire bull terrier, bullmastiff, great dane, a few rhodesian ridgebacks, Canary island dog called the Perro de Ganado Majorero, the spanish mastiff, the American staffordshir terrier, the American pit bull terrier, dogue de bordeaux, American bulldog, and the Fila brasiliro.
It wasn't until 1989 that the breed was recognized by the various kennel clubs for registration

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
View attachment 2268
dogo_argentino_male.jpg
pressa.png

The first photo of the white dog is Argentino the giant on the right is the pressa.

It wasn't until 1989 that the breed was recognized by the various kennel clubs for registration[/QUOTE]
Great info and research RamSECUT. At one time I was very interested in the presa but chose to hold off Dogo de Argentinio is a somewhat similar dog in body type to the pressa and very pretty with I am told a milder temperament. A presa IMO should be owned by a very strong advanced dog handler they are Pit Bull on Steroids.
Mastiffs are great dogs usually gentle giants. If I could tolerate the mess (slobber) I would have seriously considered a Fila or de Bordeaux.

Last edited:

RamSECUT

UDFA
View attachment 2268 View attachment 2266 View attachment 2270
The first photo of the white dog is Argentino the giant on the right is the pressa.

It wasn't until 1989 that the breed was recognized by the various kennel clubs for registration

Great info and research RamSECUT. At one time I was very interested in the presa but chose to hold off Dogo de Argentinio is a somewhat similar dog in body type to the pressa and very pretty with I am told a milder temperament. A presa IMO should be owned by a very strong advanced dog handler they are Pit Bull on Steroids.
Mastiffs are great dogs usually gentle giants. If I could tolerate the mess (slobber) I would have seriously considered a Fila or de Bordeaux.

I love the dogo argentina also. They are some badass dogs and very beautiful

RamSECUT

UDFA
View attachment 2268 View attachment 2266 View attachment 2270

A lot of people call them pit bulls on steroids, but they're not.
The pit bull is a terrier. All breeds of terriers are known for their feistiness and nervousness.
The presa is a molosser or mastiff. Not near as feisty and a much better guard dog.
The presa and the pit bull are formidable fighters, but the pit will fight for hours on end. Only a terrier would do such a thing

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
A lot of people call them pit bulls on steroids, but they're not.
The pit bull is a terrier. All breeds of terriers are known for their feistiness and nervousness.
The presa is a molosser or mastiff. Not near as feisty and a much better guard dog.
The presa and the pit bull are formidable fighters, but the pit will fight for hours on end. Only a terrier would do such a thing

Yeah, I am sure they are not deserving of all the fear that surrounds them. They are Beautiful dogs. Here in California the dogue de Bordeaux and other Mastiffs has been bread into the Pit Bull giving it a bump in size you can really see it in the 100 Lb red nose pits. It is a real shame what people do, our Kennels are probably over 40% pit and Pit Mix.

RamSECUT

UDFA
Yeah, I am sure they are not deserving of all the fear that surrounds them. They are Beautiful dogs. Here in California the dogue de Bordeaux and other Mastiffs has been bread into the Pit Bull giving it a bump in size you can really see it in the 100 Lb red nose pits. It is a real shame what people do, our Kennels are probably over 40% pit and Pit Mix.

Yep, they've cross bred the pit bulls and mastiffs so much, that they now recognize the cross as a breed. It's called a Bandogge. Never know what kinda temperament that you're gonna get from them either

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Yep, they've cross bred the pit bulls and mastiffs so much, that they now recognize the cross as a breed. It's called a Bandogge. Never know what kinda temperament that you're gonna get from them either
You really know your dogs it's been nice chatting with you.