Any news on the FS Brian Randolph left knee injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Randolph injured his left knee on a late game kick off & when I looked at it on replay it look like it could be one of the serious type (ACL). I was hoping to get some information on this. BOLO desired. Randolph has a serious ACL tear back in 2012 his sophomore campaign & missed most of the season

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I have no clue. Hoping someone can find something on it and share.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Just watched Fishers' presser.
He's going on IR out for the season.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not at all. Wasn't ready for this year. Perfect opportunity for him to rehab fully and learn the playbook for next season.

But it would be better to hone his skills on the practice squad than having to rehab the injury.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
hot damn! non-contact....at least they've gotten so good with this acl thing he'll probably come back faster than ever...we needed him on ST THIS YEAR tho....

@BonifayRam

I'm really hoping Bryant & Davis can step up their games....wasn't impressed...not in the least. I think Bryant was trying not to get hurt.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
hot damn! non-contact....at least they've gotten so good with this acl thing he'll probably come back faster than ever...we needed him on ST THIS YEAR tho....

@BonifayRam

I'm really hoping Bryant & Davis can step up their games....wasn't impressed...not in the least. I think Bryant was trying not to get hurt.
It was going to be a hard long uphill climb for Brian anyway. Rams would seem to be set with their four 53 player roster safeties. McDonald/Davis @ free safety & Alexander/Bryant @ strong safety. Then there's Lamarcus Joyner who would be the 5th safety on the roster. So penetrating those five would of been a serious challenge for the UDFA. It would take a injury to the above safety cadre to provide even a slight chance.

Brian Randolph has a history of injuries & most like was a big reason he went undrafted along with the very poor defense he played with last season. Hopefully he will return next season but he will now be playing on two surgically repaired ACL's on both knees.

Looks to me this injury is sure to open the door wider for DB's like corner Troy Hill & rookie UDFA free safety Jabriel Washington. Washington would add a serious exceptional athlete to the safety cadre. Issue with him with Bama was his very thin small size. Bama prefers very large safeties just ask out now starting LB'er Mark Barron. But Washington can also play the Nickle & Dime positions so keep an eye on him this pre season. I can clearly see him being the one practice squad safety when the season begins.

Let it be known first that I really like "Bad Boy Troy". So let me get that out of the way first......
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/troy-hill?id=2552693
Troy's brain was slow to grow in & maturity is not his strong point. Then add in that he is a dinky corner & many of us are tired of looking @ dinkies & desire a biggy. Troy is about the size of Rodney McLeod when he showed up here his first season so you get the point yes he has a small man chip on his back. Now this size issue had him being discarded by most....but we saw something last Saturday that should bring a :heh:. Troy can tackle bigger men. Sensabaugh, Roberson & Mike Jordan might want to put forth a better effort because Troy just might be the biggest surprise in our secondary in 2016! IMO he is a super fast riser:).

Last edited: