Any news on Harkey?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
Well I just found out a couple of seconds ago that it's a left leg injury if that helps any. :lol:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nothing yet. J.T. only asked about Ryan Lee (who looks to have an ACL injury) during the press conference, so we'll just have to wait a lil bit longer to find out.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
X said:
Nothing yet. J.T. only asked about Ryan Lee (who looks to have an ACL injury) during the press conference, so we'll just have to wait a lil bit longer to find out.
Damn, the guard spot is looking worse and worse. :bummed:

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
ramsince62 said:
X said:
Damn, the guard spot is looking worse and worse. :bummed:
Looks like the one OL draft pick on our roster since Snead & Fisher arrived Barrett Jones sure looks VITAL to this Ram team now! With the less than adequate play of part time starters Chris Williams & Shelley Smith the very poor play of Brandon Washington & now the probable loss of OG Ryan Lee .... :huhidk: on just how Boudreau is going to find a run blocking OG to get the job done.

The rest of the OL'ers are primary OT's Long- Saffold- Barksdale- Nsekhe- Young- Hooey & Pocic :???:

CoachO

Hall of Fame
With all due respect, Ryan Lee being hurt has ZERO bearing on this roster. He was the smallest guy on the entire unit, and so physically over matched playing guard that he wasn't gonna be here past Tuesday regardless.

I don't wish and ACL injury on anyone, but look at it this way, he will get an injury settlement and make a little $$$. The alternative was an outright release.

Thinking this has any impact on Barrett Jones' status is kind of missing the point.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
CoachO said:
With all due respect, Ryan Lee being hurt has ZERO bearing on this roster. He was the smallest guy on the entire unit, and so physically over matched playing guard that he wasn't gonna be here past Tuesday regardless.

I don't wish and ACL injury on anyone, but look at it this way, he will get an injury settlement and make a little $$$. The alternative was an outright release.

Thinking this has any impact on Barrett Jones' status is kind of missing the point.
Never said he injury loss had any bearing on the roster CoachO. Yes you would know that from your hours of time spent in actual first hand observations... point I was trying to make was from the OG perspective from early Rok Watkins release Chris Williams to Shelley Smith rotation to Brandon Washington & Ryan Lee the pool of finding a gold nugget to play effective not just fill the OLG post has dried up. The mentioning of Barrett Jones was connected to the OG action CW & SS pre season on field play not the Ryan Lee injury.

Ryan Lee was getting some pre season game action @ ORG as the last of the OG prospects for some reason was he not? Jones has seen ORG action in all three pre season games too. And yes I agree with you that Lee would have be gone this week. I was keying in on the previous posters remarks of "Damn, the guard spot is looking worse and worse". Sorry if I did not make it plain enough @ first.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
BonifayRam said:
CoachO said:

Never said he injury loss had any bearing on the roster CoachO. Yes you would know that from your hours of time spent in actual first hand observations... point I was trying to make was from the OG perspective from early Rok Watkins release Chris Williams to Shelley Smith rotation to Brandon Washington & Ryan Lee the pool of finding a gold nugget to play effective not just fill the OLG post has dried up. The mentioning of Barrett Jones was connected to the OG action CW & SS pre season on field play not the Ryan Lee injury.

Ryan Lee was getting some pre season game action @ ORG as the last of the OG prospects for some reason was he not? Jones has seen ORG action in all three pre season games too. And yes I agree with you that Lee would have be gone this week. I was keying in on the previous posters remarks of "Damn, the guard spot is looking worse and worse". Sorry if I did not make it plain enough @ first.

No worries. But I am not really sure why the C. Williams/S. Smith rotation seems to be something people are so leery about. The way I look at it, its pretty much been fairly well established, that whomever the "loser" of the starting job ends up being, will be the primary backup at BOTH Guard spots.

With the noticeable improvement of Tim Barnes, who has shown the ability to play BOTH C & G, I think they are going into THIS season in much better shape than in recent memory.

When Barrett Jones slides to being the NINTH guy on the roster, I think it speaks volumes on how much better this situation is compared to where its been.

Personally, I think Williams wins the LG spot, and S. Smith is just fine as the swing Guard. With Barksdale as your swing Tackle, that leaves you with Barnes and Jones as backups at C & G, respectively.

I think we all get caught up in looking at guys who have little to no chance of being on the roster, and see how they tend to water down the unit. This causes people to think that the overall depth of the Oline isn't very good, when in fact the guys who will actually be on the roster are a lot better than they've been.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan
CoachO looking at the bright side:
When Barrett Jones slides to being the NINTH guy on the roster, I think it speaks volumes on how much better this situation is compared to where its been.

I think it speaks volumes about how bad the situation was before.