ANY news on FA Offensive Linemen?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I really thought we would be hearing some news about the Rams getting some visits (And, hopefully Signed!) by now! I might be overly optimistic but I do think the Rams will be signing one or two key FA OL before the Draft.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
I think any signings will be after the draft at this point

Limey

Rookie

I agree - either they are waiting to see what they need (and if the prices will go down) or they might already have agreed terms and are waiting until after the draft to make an announcement so as to keep other teams guessing. Wouldn't be at all surprised to hear the day after the draft that Barks has already signed.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

You are probably right but I was really hoping the could sign one or two before the Draft so that could possibly give them more flexibility with their drafting.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It could also be that the agents believe they can get a better price after some team misses out on a lineman in the draft, or after a team has a guy go down with an injury in training camp and desperately need someone.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
You are probably right but I was really hoping the could sign one or two before the Draft so that could possibly give them more flexibility with their drafting.
I actually prefer waiting at this point. Not only is there the potential to drive down the expense of current free agents, but once we are beyond the draft teams will continue the process of CAP casualty cuts, opening up more opportunity and choice among players with a history. Seems to me that feeling pressure to sign a free agent now only limits our freedom to draft BPA, where free agency historically allows us to fill holes the draft doesn't address. Plus, why kill our small remaining available CAP before the second free agency period even begins ?