Any Musicians Here?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamzFanz

Damnit
My daughter is sliding down her slide In the winter and fell off the side.

She comes to me and says she thinks she broke her pinky. I think it's dislocated but, despite my dad instincts raging to reset it, we head of to the ER. St. Peter's Barns Jewish. For the love of god and all that is holy, never go there. We've had a dozen horror stories. But, it's close, it's in our plan, and it's a dislocated finger.

Not so much. Finger is broke through, at the base, and at an angle. Doc says, no problem, wait until Monday and go the children's hospital downtown. Dumbass. We get there and they are like, what? It's already knitting.

They say they need to re-break it. Doctor feeds her medication but she's saying it's not working. He breaks it anyway. True story. She screams like she's being gutted. 5 minutes later the meds kick in.

That hospital changed all procedures about meds and testing meds because of what that ass did.

The reset doesn't work. They send her to a surgeon that is stunned at what has happened. She takes her to surgery, puts her under, then decides she doesn't need surgery. What?

Over $5,000 for a broken finger that just needed to be reset and splinted.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Great thread. I played guitar in a couple bands back in the 90s. We did pretty well and shared a stage with some pretty big names. Nowadays it is my son who rips it up. Here is a clip of his band doing Rollins Band and RHCP covers. I missed the first part of Civilized (Rollins). My son is on guitar.

TommerK

Rockin' Rams Fan
Name
Tom
I started out playing guitar when I was about 14. Played for 6 years, but there were a million guitar players out there better than me. I couldn't get over the hump to playing the Zeppelin and Van Halen solo's, so I switched to bass, because everybody needed a bass player. Never had a problem finding a gig since.

I've played in quite a few cover bands over the years, no big names really, just kind of mid-level clubs. Had to quit my last band about 8 months ago because of the job I took that requires me to work overnights and weekends. Really sucks because I'm totally jonesing to get back into a band.

I haven't done much recording over the years, but I do have a full, really nice PA and I used to run sound for different bands over the years too.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
@TommerK Welcome to the ROD crazy musicians club. Bass is not as easy as some make it about to be. Locking in with the drums is the #1 job of the bass player. Many guitarists who switch to bass end up playing it high on the fretboard like a guitar and miss adding the much needed bottom. A good bass player is hard to find. Glad you're here with us.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I started out playing guitar when I was about 14. Played for 6 years, but there were a million guitar players out there better than me. I couldn't get over the hump to playing the Zeppelin and Van Halen solo's, so I switched to bass, because everybody needed a bass player. Never had a problem finding a gig since.

I've played in quite a few cover bands over the years, no big names really, just kind of mid-level clubs. Had to quit my last band about 8 months ago because of the job I took that requires me to work overnights and weekends. Really sucks because I'm totally jonesing to get back into a band.

I haven't done much recording over the years, but I do have a full, really nice PA and I used to run sound for different bands over the years too.

You Ampeg stack in your avatar has me a little intimidated haha

beej

Rookie
I play guitar mostly and mandolin once in a while. My guitar is a Taylor 814ce-love it! I mostly play church music. But I do enjoy playing country around a camp fire.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I play guitar mostly and mandolin once in a while. My guitar is a Taylor 814ce-love it! I mostly play church music. But I do enjoy playing country around a camp fire.
Got any videos of you jamming out on your mandolin?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Lol. no I'm not good enough to make videos
Aw, it's easy man. Record from your phone and send right to YouTube.

C'mon!!! I need to see a mandolin jam session!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Welcome @beej. I lead the praise and worship music in my church and use a 62 Gibson 12-string with a pickup.

beej

Rookie
I had the opportunity to lead music in a prison near st louis this week. Wow!! there is a lot of musical talent locked up in one place. I'm not the greatest musician but when those guys add harmonies and beats to what I'm playing it sends shivers down my spine.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am the king of all karaoke. Does that count?
played bass for about 10 years and then switched to vocals after i didnt have the ability to do both well at the same time . (i have the utmost respect for those that can do this ) I was in a great party band too. much better at party than band though. mostly 80's hair metal band music, the usual susupects, tesla, dokken, ratt, scorpions, etc.
about 7 years ago or so the ex wife and i went to a club where the karaoke (KJ's) system was rated at 5,000 watts. sounded great. no one wanted to sing after her friend (she did incredible ann wilson and patsy cline covers) so i had the KJ's put me after her. loved doing motley crue , scorpions, system of a down and thorogood songs. one time after i did still loving you, a woman came up and said, "i was really worried when i heard what song you were going to sing, i figured it wouldnt be very good, but it was." always nice to get compliments.

Last edited:

Greg Stone

Rookie
I've played drums for four decades, just left my band early this year to concentrate on guitar, singing and songwriting. I still have my trusty '86 Ibanez Roadstar II electric and starting last Christmas have picked up three Tacoma acoustics which were made 75 miles from me, in Tacoma.

1924657_10202465112802238_1988599754_n.jpg

Greg Stone

Rookie
Here's a track from my first band's demo sometime around 1989. Rough recording here. Transferred from cassette to CD to PC to cloud, Lol. The low & high end is pretty much gone.All mid-range. Still trying to track down the original tapes but they may be lost forever like tears...in rain.
th

I'm on drums. Our songwriter/vocalist was very talented. We were a good live band that spent some time on the local rock radio shows.
It was a great time, but i wanted desperately to get more progressive. We were locked into the metal/rock/rock ballad stuff that was huge at the time.

Small world. My cousin Mike Jordan was the drummer for Gibraltar a few years earlier; just for a short time. He was living with me at the time.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Small world. My cousin Mike Jordan was the drummer for Gibraltar a few years earlier; just for a short time. He was living with me at the time.
Different band. Our band had only one drummer(me). We formed in 1988 in Arizona and only lasted a few years. I've come across some youtube clips of another Gibraltar completely unrelated...maybe thats the band you're referring too.