Any Musicians Here?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Excellent. Thanks for sharing this. As I'm sure you know, David Gilmour used a pedal steel on some of his slide playing. That's cheating. :cool: I use alternate tunings on guitar and a glass slide. The metal ones sound too harsh to my ears.

Thanks dude.

No doubt and i totally agree about the slide. I used a glass slide on this :D.
Standard tuning though. I needed to play all that stuff live and still drive the rhythm parts and lead stuff. Open and alternate tunings are really cool to play around with. I immediately think of Jimmy Page.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I am the king of all karaoke. Does that count?

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
It does....if you can work the ladies in house into a nice creamy froth with your voice. :D
I did used to get tipped when I did "I'm Too Sexy" by Right Said Fred. Does that count?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks dude.

No doubt and i totally agree about the slide. I used a glass slide on this :D.
Standard tuning though. I needed to play all that stuff live and still drive the rhythm parts and lead stuff. Open and alternate tunings are really cool to play around with. I immediately think of Jimmy Page.

That's why guitarists have more than one guitar on stage. A guitar can have the action raised so that the strings are far above the fretboard and in open tuning. Playing slide on a regular guitar is tough. Come to think of it; Duane Allman didn't let that stop him.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
That's why guitarists have more than one guitar on stage. A guitar can have the action raised so that the strings are far above the fretboard and in open tuning. Playing slide on a regular guitar is tough. Come to think of it; Duane Allman didn't let that stop him.
Well sure it is, but i like a challenge :D
Besides, it wasn't feasible to use more than one guitar within a song for my particular stuff. Even with a 2nd guitarist(playing mostly acoustic rhythm) i was leading everything...in standard tuning of course.

Hell, i didn't even rehearse my solos for the demo. I wanted to hit the ground running on those. I only had to "cut in" twice on five tunes. I left some mistakes on the table but i'm a fan of imperfect spontaneity in music anyway. Probably a big reason why i love Hendrix.

Live, i only had two electrics with me, each used specifically for tone(maple neck vs rosewood). I've never had the luxury of owning ten guitars and having roadies to work and hand off my equipment to. I rigged a little device to hold my slide for quick access(attached to my mic stand). I used a small connector from jumper cables. Lol.

Meat and potatoes baby.

Last edited:

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I've never had the luxury of owning ten guitars and having roadies to work and hand off my equipment to. I rigged a little device to hold my slide for quick access(attached to my mic stand). I used a small connector from jumper cables. Lol.

Meat and potatoes baby.

I got to thinking about roadies last Sunday morning. I do the praise and worship alone in my church and use a 62 Gibson 12-string acoustic with a pickup. When the pastor says it's time, all these guys scurry around to set up a mic, stand, bring me water, etc. Then I walk up to the front and play. The sound is handled by a man at the sound board.

All those years playing in clubs I had to schlep my own equipment, set up amps mics, stands, etc. and then tear everything down after the show, and put it in the van. Now I have my own roadies. :)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I got to thinking about roadies last Sunday morning. I do the praise and worship alone in my church and use a 62 Gibson 12-string acoustic with a pickup. When the pastor says it's time, all these guys scurry around to set up a mic, stand, bring me water, etc. Then I walk up to the front and play. The sound is handled by a man at the sound board.

All those years playing in clubs I had to schlep my own equipment, set up amps mics, stands, etc. and then tear everything down after the show, and put it in the van. Now I have my own roadies. :)
1318.gif

A55VA6

Legend
I suppose I'll post some of my music here for you guys. I'm sure my style of music may not be a favorite around here so take it easy on me! haha. But it would be cool if you all could take 20 minutes to listen and hopefully enjoy!

Here is my old EP called "Making Time Stand Still" that came out in 2010, I was 18 at the time. I worked on this EP my Senior Year of High School and gave out copies on the last day of school to all my friends and teachers. They all really enjoyed it. I wrote and recorded all 6 songs by myself at home with some fairly decent equipment, I suppose. Let me know what you guys think, and if you can, give me a little review and tell me your favorite and least favorite song from the EP. I'd really appreciate it! Also, if you'd like to hear more music from me, I have a couple newer songs on my soundcloud page as well.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Here's a track from my first band's demo sometime around 1989. Rough recording here. Transferred from cassette to CD to PC to cloud, Lol. The low & high end is pretty much gone.All mid-range. Still trying to track down the original tapes but they may be lost forever like tears...in rain.
th

I'm on drums. Our songwriter/vocalist was very talented. We were a good live band that spent some time on the local rock radio shows.
It was a great time, but i wanted desperately to get more progressive. We were locked into the metal/rock/rock ballad stuff that was huge at the time.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
I suppose I'll post some of my music here for you guys. I'm sure my style of music may not be a favorite around here so take it easy on me! haha. But it would be cool if you all could take 20 minutes to listen and hopefully enjoy!

Here is my old EP called "Making Time Stand Still" that came out in 2010, I was 18 at the time. I worked on this EP my Senior Year of High School and gave out copies on the last day of school to all my friends and teachers. They all really enjoyed it. I wrote and recorded all 6 songs by myself at home with some fairly decent equipment, I suppose. Let me know what you guys think, and if you can, give me a little review and tell me your favorite and least favorite song from the EP. I'd really appreciate it! Also, if you'd like to hear more music from me, I have a couple newer songs on my soundcloud page as well.

Dude nice
I keep thinking early Psychedelic Furs
F-ing badass

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I listened to a couple tracks so far. Pretty good. This is recent? Sounds a little older. A little like some of the 80's pop stuff. Question: Is the singer British? I see that you're living in Illinois. Just curious.

A55VA6

Legend
I listened to a couple tracks so far. Pretty good. This is recent? Sounds a little older. A little like some of the 80's pop stuff. Question: Is the singer British? I see that you're living in Illinois. Just curious.
Yes, I recorded these songs in 2010. No, I'm not british haha. Some people have told me I sing with a bit of an accent though.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yes, I recorded these songs in 2010. No, I'm not british haha. Some people have told me I sing with a bit of an accent though.
There's no doubt that you do my friend. :)
Thanks for sharing!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Making Time Stand Still is damn good -has that Duran Duran meets the Furs vibe with a new thing going on - nice

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter

Very nice, very professionally done. Love your voice. My favorite tune is 'Darling, Hold Me Until I Die.' It just grabbed me from the beginning.

Dude, if I had a lighter I would have flicked it on during that tune. :cool: I can hear Ronnie Dio and Rainbow recording that..well if Ronnie were still around.

Thanks to both of you for sharing your music. It takes courage to do that. I get the feeling we could have one smokin' band with the talented members we have here at ROD. :rockon:

A55VA6

Legend
Making Time Stand Still is damn good -has that Duran Duran meets the Furs vibe with a new thing going on - nice

Very nice, very professionally done. Love your voice. My favorite tune is 'Darling, Hold Me Until I Die.' It just grabbed me from the beginning.

Thanks alot guys! I take pride in putting out quality music because I'm pretty much a perfectionist.. but half the time I'm still not happy with it. haha! Yeah, "Darling, Hold Me Until I Die" is a good one. I believe it was actually the first song written for the EP.

This is my latest song that I finished about a year ago. I was really proud of this one.