Any interest in Olivier Vernon??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I haven’t seen anything about his rehab. I know he got pressure against us last year and had 9 sacks before injuring his Achilles.

OLIVIER VERNON
DL, CLEVELAND BROWNS

Browns placed DE Olivier Vernon on injured reserve with a torn Achilles' tendon, ending his season.
It's a huge loss for a defense that was already soft against the pass. Still an every-down player at age 30, Vernon's nine sacks were second only to Myles Garrett's 12 on the Browns. What's bad for the Browns is catastrophic for Vernon, as he will become a free agent at season's end. Having trouble staying healthy over the past four years, Vernon will probably now have to settle for one-year, incentive-laden offers on the open market. Life isn't fair for NFL players over 30, but it's really not fair for injured players over 30.

Jan 4, 2021, 12:06 PM ET

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Risky in that he hasn't played a 16 game season since 2016, although that should make him relatively cheap.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
They're bringing in Clowney for a visit when they gave Vernon as a FA.. should tell you all you need to know.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They're bringing in Clowney for a visit when they gave Vernon as a FA.. should tell you all you need to know.
Yeah that Achilles at 30 might take until October to be ready.

I remember him blowing things up against us a few times. I think Havenstein would be happy not to see him again.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He tore his achilles tendon just this past January? I cant imagine he'll sign with anyone until he can pass a physical. Thats like a 6 month recovery

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Don't shoot the messenger but NFL access TD said when asked to pick a good remaining free agent fit for a team and he said Richard Sherman!!!!
I almost through up don't like the guy but as a nickelback that's a wow....but I will gladly take Poole!!!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Don't shoot the messenger but NFL access TD said when asked to pick a good remaining free agent fit for a team and he said Richard Sherman!!!!
I almost through up don't like the guy but as a nickelback that's a wow....but I will gladly take Poole!!!

Sherman is still a good player.

As we’ve said around here, is the tier of Free Agents we are no doubt still working over.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I was wondering about Geno Atkins. I know he was hurt, but would be a nice rotational guy, if healthy, to to spell Donald.