Any interest in C Rodney Hudson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

paceram

Pro Bowler
Not sure the Rams can afford him but does anyone if the Rams have shown any interest in talking to Rodney Hudson? Unless the Rams are happy with Barrett Jones and/or Demetrius Rhaney I would think they need to consider signing a FA Center. I am hoping they can sign either Hudson or Stefen Wisniewski but there is a good chance that they are both out of the Rams price range!

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Doesn't seem like there is as much interest in Wiesnieski which both excites and concerns me. If he is young and talented why are the Raiders quick to move on? Why no mention of other teams interested?

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Yes.
and...
beer.gif

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
Doesn't seem like there is as much interest in Wiesnieski which both excites and concerns me. If he is young and talented why are the Raiders quick to move on? Why no mention of other teams interested?
Because they are the Raiders!

Memphis Ram

Legend
http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraide...over-home-grown-draft-pick-stefen-wisniewski/

Raiders said to be pursuing Chiefs center Rodney Hudson over home grown draft pick Stefen Wisniewski
Posted on March 8, 2015 by Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Chiefs center Rodney Hudson is a target of the Raiders in free agency, according to ESPN Insider Adam Caplan Sunday as well as two reporters from Fox Sports (Mike Garafolo, Peter Schrager).

Kansas City is said to be making a push to retain Hudson before free agency gets underway officially on Tuesday. With their own Stefen Wisniewski set to hit the open market, the Raiders appear to have reversed position on the two players from their stance in the 2011 draft.

The Raiders could have taken Hudson at No. 48 overall in the second round, but selected Wisniewski, a legacy player and a nephew of guard Steve Wisniewski. Kansas City took Hudson seven spots later at No. 58.

Figures from ProFootballFocus would indicate Hudson was the better player last year, with a 13.0 grade that trailed only the Jets’ Nick Mangold and the Cowboys’ Travis Frederick among NFL centers. He graded positive in ever area _ run blocking, pass blocking, screen blocking and in penalties.

Wisniewski had a minus-2.5 grade, mostly because of perceived difficulties in pass blocking, where he allowed four sacks, three quarterback hits and 24 hurries _ 17 more than Hudson.

If Wisniewski walks, it would be the second year a home drafted player left the organization because the Raiders placed more value on someone else’s player. Last year it was left tackle Jared Veldheer, who signed in Arizona for reportedly less money than the Raiders were prepared to offer the Rams’ Rodger Saffold.

Saffold, it turned out, failed his physical because of a shoulder injury that required surgery this offseason. It had a bad look at the time, but was mitigated somewhat when the Raiders signed Donald Penn, who had a bounce back season after struggling in Tampa Bay.

Long-term, it still might not have been a good move. Veldheer is a younger player while Penn is in the final year of his current two-year contract with the Raiders.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
A buddy of mine, a Raider fan, says Wiz sux....Doubt we could afford Hudson....

It's looking like Rhaney time....maybe Barrett Jones....

iced

Hudson was looking for $8 million a season this morning - i doubt the rams can afford him

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Wisniewski had a minus-2.5 grade, mostly because of perceived difficulties in pass blocking, where he allowed four sacks, three quarterback hits and 24 hurries _ 17 more than Hudson.
*For the Raiders

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Someone with access to NFL replay or Rams games needs to go back and watch how Wisniewski did against our guys.

edit: or send me the tape :)

ram007

Starter
Rodney Hudson is good. We aren't in ball park of raiders $$ for him

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Rams resign Barks, then trade back twice in Rd 1 and draft OC Erving.... You heard it hear 1st folks :unsure:

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
If we somehow picked up Hudson, he was a fucking stud last season and hes in him prime. That should definitely lock down the C position for awhile. If we do go after FA's I'd rather see them grab him over a bunch of lower tier guys. But I doubt they go after him.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Wisneiwski would be an upgrade over Wells. He doesn't suck. Put him between Blalock and Saffold and he suddenly becomes better. A few years ago the Raiders offensive line was their strength, but that slowly changed when Tom Cable left. He fits the run first mentality perfectly.

paceram

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wisneiwski would be an upgrade over Wells. He doesn't suck. Put him between Blalock and Saffold and he suddenly becomes better. A few years ago the Raiders offensive line was their strength, but that slowly changed when Tom Cable left. He fits the run first mentality perfectly.

As much as I would like to see the Rams sign Hudson I don't see that happening so I would be thrilled to see them sign Wisniewski! But, with the Rams luck I don't see that happening either!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He's a mid tier free agent. They usually start getting bites after the dominoes in the top tier fall into place.

Why are the Raiders quick to move on? Because he's an average to above average Center and they presumably would prefer a top tier Center like Hudson with all the cap room they have.

lockdnram21

Legend
I'm probably wrong but I think they are trying to sign Barksdale and our center will be either Jones or Rhaney. Then we will only need OG in draft.