Any interest in Bears TE Martellus Bennett?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...rade-disgruntled-tight-end-martellus-bennett/

Bears trying to trade disgruntled tight end Martellus Bennett
Posted by Darin Gantt on March 4, 2016

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptnkywm5mjrmywe2ymjjmdfkownknwrhzjvlota1ntvl-e1438339908866.jpeg
AP

The Bears’ relationship with tight end Martellus Bennett, who will turn 29 in a few days, has been a tenuous one for some time.

And it may finally be headed for what seemed the inevitable split.

According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, the Bears and Bennett’s agent are working to find a new home for him via trade.

Bennett’s entering the final year of his current contract, with $5.085 million owed him next season.

His numbers dropped sharply last year, going from 90 catches to 53, among other problems. He didn’t participate in offseason workouts because he was unhappy with his contract, and there was doubt about whether some late absences were injury or attitude related.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
I would rather go after Fleener, Allen, or Green in FA than trade for Bennett

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
After picking up Mike Groh and Skip Pete from Chicago's Offensive Staff the Rams should have some inside information on him. If those guys like him and think he could help us I would offer a late round pick or wait until he gets cut. If they don't like him ill pass

On the other hand Bennett has never hidden his dislike for the rams and I don't know how he would feel about playing his brother twice a year and potentially blocking him

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It was my understanding that they are looking for a second day draft pick for him. I say to them Good Luck on that:rolllaugh:. I still prefer a 2 yr deal with veteran TE Ben Watson by a long margin.

Psycho_X

Legend
They couldn't find a better picture of him then one where he's wiping his nose lol?

I wouldn't mind having him but yeah I don't want to trade any premium draft picks for the guy. Maybe a third day pick but we're already short on draft picks this year. Agree with above that I'd rather go after Fleener.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Bennett is a turd. Fox doesn't put up with turds. Pass.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I don't know of his baggage, but we need a TE, and he has some talent. This is going to be my mantra this offseason: "Better, or worse than_______" In this case Jared Cook.

Ram Man

Rookie
There's some risk to picking up Marty B but I would give him a long look.
Pros: high end talent and proven production, 1 yr. contract at $5M
Cons: won't be happy in Rams offense, likely attitude problem

The real questions is why would the Bears want to dump him so badly? In a best case scenario Bennett catches 65 balls for 7 TD's for the Rams next year. I'd be super happy with that. Worst case scenario is that he becomes a locker room problem and they have to cut him.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's some risk to picking up Marty B but I would give him a long look.
Pros: high end talent and proven production, 1 yr. contract at $5M
Cons: won't be happy in Rams offense, likely attitude problem

The real questions is why would the Bears want to dump him so badly? In a best case scenario Bennett catches 65 balls for 7 TD's for the Rams next year. I'd be super happy with that. Worst case scenario is that he becomes a locker room problem and they have to cut him.

Bennett ticked off Fox and his staff.

Psycho_X

Legend
I would love this trade. I think Cunningham is a better backup than Tre anyway.

I would definitely now, unfortunately that tweet was made a couple days before Tre decided to get tasered a few times by some police for being an asshole. I'm thinking Mason isn't going to get much trade consideration from anyone at the moment lol.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Owen Daniels is now available.