Any fridge repairmen in here?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bnw

Pro Bowler
I can't think of how a filter would cause the freezer to not stay cold but my refrigerators are over 20 years old so perhaps some technology has changed?

First check youtube by your model number and some appliance repair forums. It might not be defrosting correctly is all I can think of at this point. Move it out from the wall to see if water is collecting in the evaporator pan. If it is and is dried up by the fan then it might be something else, hopefully not something terminal like a compressor. Is it still under warranty? Good luck.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't see how a filter would either. I'm hoping the reset I did helps it. I just bout this thing not long ago. But it's out of warranty. I'm gonna end up getting the fridge my wife wanted. I can feel it

bnw

Pro Bowler
I can't see how a filter would either. I'm hoping the reset I did helps it. I just bout this thing not long ago. But it's out of warranty. I'm gonna end up getting the fridge my wife wanted. I can feel it

I just went through some stuff with my oldest refrigerator and while the fix wasn't on youtube I learned enough to give it a go and fixed it. Now it is mine and my wife and daughter share another newer one in the kitchen. Mine was relegated to the wash room and even though its a farther walk for me a pervasive marital bliss has settled over my abode even though my wife's wine takes up the entire bottom shelf of my refrigerator.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Check your condenser coil by where the fridge compressor is located if you have had it for a very very long time without moving it you tend to get ghost turds that clog it up and may cause poor air flow through the coils, a can of compressed air for computers should do the trick if you can comfortably get to that spot.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I found using a blink test with the display that it's the fan. Idk what the fuck that has to do with it. I'm gonna end up paying a guy to come fix it and it's gonna piss me off. I'm the kind of guy that won't take a vehicle to the shop. But I don't know shit about this stuff.