Any fans in Springfield, IL? (? about watching games)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jdhommert

Rookie
Question: Does anyone in Springfield, IL have DirecTV Sunday ticket, and can you get Rams games with no problems?

More info: I want to have an independent installer move my DTV dish, because if DTV knows, I'm now put in the central IL viewing area which doesn't get most Rams games. I've paid for Sunday Ticket the last 2 years, but I'm worried about this: I've heard of people moving out of the regional viewing area, and then paying for the entire MLB/NFL package for all out of market games, but according to MLB/NFL, you are still in the viewing area and get blacked out and have no way to watch your teams games. So if I can't find an installer to just move my dish for me without DTV knowing, I'm wondering if Sunday Ticket works just fine in Springfield 62704. I guess worst case I could pay for NFL Rewind, but no way I want to wait until the game is over to watch.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't know if this helps but there will be no more black out games.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Question: Does anyone in Springfield, IL have DirecTV Sunday ticket, and can you get Rams games with no problems?

More info: I want to have an independent installer move my DTV dish, because if DTV knows, I'm now put in the central IL viewing area which doesn't get most Rams games. I've paid for Sunday Ticket the last 2 years, but I'm worried about this: I've heard of people moving out of the regional viewing area, and then paying for the entire MLB/NFL package for all out of market games, but according to MLB/NFL, you are still in the viewing area and get blacked out and have no way to watch your teams games. So if I can't find an installer to just move my dish for me without DTV knowing, I'm wondering if Sunday Ticket works just fine in Springfield 62704. I guess worst case I could pay for NFL Rewind, but no way I want to wait until the game is over to watch.
I was under the impression, if you moved, Direct TV, Would, move you and re-install you for free! Maybe I'm wrong! IDK for sure!

jdhommert

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was under the impression, if you moved, Direct TV, Would, move you and re-install you for free! Maybe I'm wrong! IDK for sure!
They will. However they will update my service address to my new place in Springfield, which is outside of the STL viewing area. I then won't get the STL broadcasts, but instead the central illinois ones that show Bears games as the home market team.

jdhommert

Rookie
I don't know if this helps but there will be no more black out games.
I think that only applies to sell outs in the local viewing area, not blackouts for the in/out of market reason. Just read an article on NFL.com and all it talked about was blacking out games for the local market due to not selling out. I think this is different

Psycho_X

Legend
Yeah I do, well within the SPFLD area at least. And yes they will show Bears games over Rams games if they coincide on the same channel at the same time. Usually Fox 55 makes Rams their secondary market though. So if the Bears play in prime time the Rams will be shown on 55 usually. Or if, say, Fox has the double header and the Bears play at noon and the Rams at 3 they will show both games. What sucks though is if CBS has the double header that day they will show Bears and not the Rams. So in other words its not reliable to not have DTV sunday ticket unfortunately. It sucks cause when I first moved into the area (from the St. Louis market area) the local cable company considered me St. Louis area but that changed like mid season the first year I was here. Really pissed me off lol.

Psycho_X

Legend
Sorry I kinda skipped part of your question, since it isn't local DTV will show every Rams game no matter what. Even back when there were those couple blackouts in the St. Louis area I still got the games on DTV through sunday ticket. So there shouldn't be anything that keeps you from watching them if you have DTV. Aside from really thick cloudy storms.

jdhommert

Rookie
So in other words its not reliable to not have DTV sunday ticket unfortunately. It sucks cause when I first moved into the area (from the St. Louis market area) the local cable company considered me St. Louis area but that changed like mid season the first year I was here. Really pissed me off lol.
So did you have Sunday Ticket with DTV? You're saying it changed to where you couldn't or could watch them?

jdhommert

Rookie
Sorry I kinda skipped part of your question, since it isn't local DTV will show every Rams game no matter what. Even back when there were those couple blackouts in the St. Louis area I still got the games on DTV through sunday ticket. So there shouldn't be anything that keeps you from watching them if you have DTV. Aside from really thick cloudy storms.
Oh ok, so with Sunday Ticket you were always available to still get the games, that clears it up.

Really hoping to just have someone move/install the dish for me, but hopefully Sunday Ticket would work.

Slappy967

Starter
I live in Springfield IL and have Directv and have watched every Rams game on Sunday ticket since i 1st got the service. Zero issues

Psycho_X

Legend
Oh ok, so with Sunday Ticket you were always available to still get the games, that clears it up.

Really hoping to just have someone move/install the dish for me, but hopefully Sunday Ticket would work.

Yes it shouldn't be an issue getting all the games with Sunday T.

Direct TV will usually reinstall your dish for free when you move I thought as long as you had a current sub to them at the time of the move? I've never tried but I thought I remember seeing them advertise to call them if you move and they'll set you up at your new house for free.