Any chance we see Keenum play Sunday?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Wondering what you all think. Can you think of a "believable" scenario that has us watching Keenum playing for us this Sunday in Tampa?

If Hill can't play, I actually wouldn't mind seeing him in there if Davis plays horribly. Maybe 2nd half or 4th quarter if the game is a blow out?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
No.

Edited response: Correction, only chance is if Davis gets hurt.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
So, who's better right now? Davis who knows the playbook? Or Keenum who doesn't know it yet?
I realize you'd only be guessing since there is no data to go on, but your gut feeling, who is better right now as a QB?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
If Keenum doesn't know the playbook, don't throw him out there. That would be a disaster. If he does, he's an upgrade over Davis. But Davis knowing playbook > Keenum not knowing it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
But Davis knowing playbook > Keenum not knowing it.
That's an interesting thought, and there's definitely some validity to that. But there's also the idea that (and this is a hypothetical) Keenum being given half the playbook > Austin Davis knowing all of it. I have no idea if that's true, but I'd like to find out.

Debacled

Starter
Stick Mason and Benny in there and just go with the triple option, can't be much worse than rolling Austin Davis or a Keenum who has had a week to learn the playbook out there

I mean we could work Robinson in as an extra blocker too right???

(FYI I couldn't find the blue font)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I have to admit, i'm very curious to see Keenum suit up and play.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Hill can't play, I kind of hope so. Wish Keenum had been with us all off-season. IMO, he'd be playing over Davis. I don't think Keenum is great but Davis just has so many issues. I'm hoping for the best, though.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Did Warner have the play book down? Nope

He certainly had a LOT more time learning it. He was #2 going into training camp, had the offseason once Martz got hired, OTAs, all of training camp to learn it.

That's a heck of a lot better than Keenum.

Plus, let's face it - Warner is a legend. Keenum is unlikely to ever be that good at making split second decisions.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Maybe I'm crazy, but if Hill doesn't practice and Davis gets most of thje reps. ( which he may not be) I think he can play better than he has ,however if he stinks the first half up , what's to lose?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think we know what we are going to get when we spend Davis out there. He is a guy that gives us an opportunity to win but we have to win in spite of him rather than because of him. If we send Keenum out there, it's more of an exciting situation because we don't know what he could bring or take away from this offense.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I suspect Keenum's "window" will start with the bye week because he should have a decent grasp of what he's supposed to be doing and can then get snaps. Plus it offers a good window to make an official QB change.

I don't want to see the guy until he's ready. That excitement we feel where we are hoping he can show something will disappear fast and be replaced with doom if they trot him out there before he knows what is going on. But all things being equal I do think he is most likely our best QB on the roster. Question for me is by how much? He will give us mobility, some extended drives, and I hope he can keep the turnovers down when he gets his shot.