Any chance Clay Matthews could be a Ram next yr?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I thought this same thing @jjab360 While we are on the topic I wouldn't be shocked if another Trojan returns home. Jeff Fisher to USC

I actually think Fish would make a fine college HC. He's a good leader for the young men just starting out their careers, most of whom won't make the cut in the NFL. And his lack of imagination wrt offense won't hurt him when he's recruiting top talent every year at USC.

Not that I want USC to hire him, mind you. Just think he would be a more consistent winner at that level with good talent. He'd have the horse he prefers in the backfield every year, talented defense, and whichever underpowered offensive mind he would bring in would have lots of room for error.

Raptorman

Pro Bowler
Name
David
They mentioned this is his contract year. He played at USC and may want to come home. Not what he used to be, but still above avg and might be more affordable since his play has fallen off a bit.

Might be a good stop gap abswer 9n the edge until the Rams can find a young stud outside rusher.
Clay is done. The only reason he is still a Packer is $10 million in dead cap. Plus they haven't found anyone with half the talent to replace him. My bet, the Packer let him walk at the end of the year. But if the Rams want to throw away money...........

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Clay Matthews would be a good commercial actor. Seriously he should retire and just pursue that... It would benefit him best anyways.

JackStraw

Rookie
I would have no problem

If he's willing to under paid and doesn't stay more than a year stay

Rookies drafted outside 3rd round need to be eased in. Usually it's these guys, hungry to get that contract that end up gaining vet status in league. First and second rounders get a legit 2nd contract about 55% of time.

The draft is over hype annoying soggy meadows. I never trust a rookie is ever going to be an even average player until clearly demonstrates.

I don't mind vets on one year contracts. I like when teams pass and don't sign a guy past his rookie contract and they come to town a boss from day one. (Woods/Peters)

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Being dyslexic, let's just say that I had to read that freakin' sentence like 10 times to believe I read what I thought i was reading...LOL

Soggy meadows... that's some kind of euphemism....