Antonio Smith visiting Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Sorry but no links on this from me. Smith could be a good rotational DT for the Rams and apparently he is visiting with them. Good depth and injury security. I would like the signing.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
If this is just a depth signing and we keep Langford, that would indicate that Donald is off the radar in the draft. Disappointing!!!

I like Smith but would love to have Donald in horns.

A55VA6

Legend
Antonio Smith is a beast. He's naturally a DE but he can play inside. He's 32 years old but would definitely help this D-line be even more beast.

jjab360

Legend
Right! I just hope this isn't the best we can do.

What's next? Shelly Smith? Whoop!
I actually think bringing Shelley Smith back would be a get for us. He's a young player at a position of need with a decent bit of upside. Antonio Smith? Exactly the opposite on all accounts.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I actually think bringing Shelley Smith back would be a get for us. He's a young player at a position of need with a decent bit of upside. Antonio Smith? Exactly the opposite on all accounts.

Agree on A. Smith

FA just started in all but this is dissappointing thus far. I won't be crushed until Verner and Byrd have signed elsewhere.

Dagonet

Grillin and Chillin
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Jeff
If this is just a depth signing and we keep Langford, that would indicate that Donald is off the radar in the draft. Disappointing!!!

I like Smith but would love to have Donald in horns.

I would not have a problem with Donald at all. Also just keep in mind Smith has many visits scheduled. Wash, Titans, and Oakland.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I can't see Donald being a realistic option for the Rams at all unless he drops to the 3rd round or so.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Well we both know there's 0 chance that happens. His value is perfect at 13. He would complete the DL.
You're dreaming if you think that happens. DT isn't anywhere near the need as other positions that are going to be graded identical or better than Donald at that spot.

wrstdude

Rookie
You're dreaming if you think that happens. DT isn't anywhere near the need as other positions that are going to be graded identical or better than Donald at that spot.

I didn't say I think it happens. You're dreaming if you think he drops out of the 1st round.

Need is only part of the equation. Part of your problem is your grade of Donald-he's way better than any safety in the class and would have a larger impact on the D than any safety in the class. Book it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sounds like you're assuming to me. I have Donald rated as a top 5 player on my board. None of us know where the Rams rate him.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I didn't say I think it happens. You're dreaming if you think he drops out of the 1st round.

Need is only part of the equation. Part of your problem is your grade of Donald-he's way better than any safety in the class and would have a larger impact on the D than any safety in the class. Book it.
I'm not expecting him to drop out of the first round. Furthermore, I do not expect him to be in the Rams plans...and would be beyond stunned if he were.

wrstdude

Rookie
I'm not expecting him to drop out of the first round. Furthermore, I do not expect him to be in the Rams plans...and would be beyond stunned if he were.

Which is fine. I think he should be in the Rams plans and should be considered WAY before the 3rd round. #13 seems just right to me. ;)

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Sounds like you're assuming to me. I have Donald rated as a top 5 player on my board. None of us know where the Rams rate him.

You guys might believe that teams always no matter what draft "the best player available"...but it is pretty clear that through out the first round teams usually draft one of the top two or three positions of need. You usually only see teams that have huge holes everywhere take the best player...or teams that have almost no holes take the best player regardless of position.

I don't know where the Rams have any player in relation to your board, jrry...

wrstdude

Rookie
You guys might believe that teams always no matter what draft "the best player available"...but it is pretty clear that through out the first round teams usually draft one of the top two or three positions of need. You usually only see teams that have huge holes everywhere take the best player...or teams that have almost no holes take the best player regardless of position.

I don't know where the Rams have any player in relation to your board, jrry...

I actually don't believe anything of the sort. As I said, need is part of the equation. I think a 3 tech DT of Donald's ability is a huge need. Langford is a nice player, but isn't close to what Donald is.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I actually don't believe anything of the sort. As I said, need is part of the equation. I think a 3 tech DT of Donald's ability is a huge need. Langford is a nice player, but isn't close to what Donald is.

Well...potentially is.

Anything they add to the d-line at this point is a luxury. It is without a doubt the best unit on the team.