Antonio Smith; Tom Brady cries too much to refs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...patriots-denver-broncos-de-antonio-smith-says

The Denver Broncos may be bringing some tissues onto the field for Sunday's AFC Championship Game.

With Tom Brady and the New England Patriots set to visit Denver, Broncos defensive lineman Antonio Smith said it's fair to call the four-time winning Super Bowl quarterback a crybaby.

"That would be an accurate statement. I've never seen any quarterback look to the referee right after he gets sacked more than Brady," Smith told reporters on Monday, according to the Colorado Springs Gazette. "Every time he gets sacked, he looks at the ref like: 'You see him sack me? Was that supposed to happen? He did it a little hard. Please throw a 15-yard penalty on him. Get him fined.'"

Smith wasn't all negative about Brady. He praised the veteran's competitiveness and drive -- even if there are a few tears involved.

"He's not going to rattle just because you hit him hard. I've tried over the years," Smith told the Gazette. "That's what D-linemen think: 'The harder you hit the quarterback, the better it will make it on the secondary.'

"With Brady, he's a great competitor. You know it's coming. He's going to cry about getting hit, but he's going to take the hit and keep going."

One of Brady's favorite weapons, Rob Gronkowski, also was the target of some Broncos criticism this week.

Linebacker Brandon Marshall said the tight end gets away with more than he should.

"I say because he pushes off," Marshall told NBC Sports' "Pro Football Talk Live" radio show on Monday. "I mean, he pushes off and he gets away with it about 98 percent of the time."

Gronkowski caught two touchdown passes in the Pats' AFC divisional-round win against the Kansas City Chiefs on Saturday. He now has eight touchdown receptions in the postseason, a record for tight ends.

Broncos defensive back Chris Harris Jr. offered his strategy on how to stop Gronkowski.

"You gotta him low, man," Harris told SportsCenter. "Hit him in his knees. That's the best chance you got of hitting him

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
wuk8c5A.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I saw this on NFL channel. I don't know why these players let themselves get suckered into even talking about the opponent. But they are right on both counts. Brady is a cry baby because it is strategy and it works on the refs throughout the game, just like Belichick. And Gronk pushes off but he either just doesn't have it called blatantly or he is good at doing it without it looking blatant enough to call.

Man I cant wait for this current NFL era to end. New England, Seattle, Arizona, Carolina. Four teams I despise and four teams that actually have good QBs while my Rams don't, and suffer for it.