Anti-vent thread Rams v Giants (no pejoratives)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
And one more thing.

This thread isn't designed to keep people from complaining. It's just to keep the knee-jerk name-calling and unadulterated anger out of the discussion.

My complaints are:

1. Sight adjustments need to be cleaned up. If you see an opportunity in zone, BOTH guys should see an opportunity to exploit it. Not one.
2. Need to speed up the timetable on Goff's debut before we lose 6 games. I don't know if he'll be any better, but you have to try something.
3. I don't think Benny gets enough touches.
4. Throw past the sticks on third down more, please.
5. Stop wearing the blueberries.

Um, I'd like to add the lack of sac's to the list...after 7 games this front 7 has 10 sac's versus 16 for the opposition....this time last year it was 26 sac's for versus 10 against! :(

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I thought Gurley was good, not great but better.

Loved the hit ting in the secondary without anything cheap.

D-line 1/2 step from sacking Eli about 7 times.

Quick can play. Love what Britt has done.
I am completely confused as to how best use Tavon; his deflected balls killed us today.

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
Havenstein was destroyed all game. He rarely wasn't overwhelmed on pass rushes by #54. My other concern is the Rams seem determined to force Tavon to be a big part of the offense. He caught 10 passes for 57 yds and once again was the cause of a turnover instead of a positive play. I also feel he dogged it on the deep middle end zone throw. He pretty well never made a play on the ball and then fell down. It was a bad decision by Keenum to throw deep middle into double coverage to a smallish wideout, but Tavon certainly didn't help. Tavon should be a compliment to Britt, Quick, Gurley, and Kendricks. He should not have so many plays as the main option. He just isn't proving to be a playmaker as a receiver. I would almost think that as you phase him out as a top option, he becomes more effective as teams stop keying on him and he gets more open space as teams focus on other threats.

It seems when the Rams do the best when they push throws further downfield to Britt and Quick. Anything else gets a few first downs but leads to a punt or turnover. The Rams also need to shuffle the O line and rethink run blocking schemes. This far into the season without blocking one play for Gurley to bust free is nothing more than an utter failure. Shuffle things, change up some schemes, and if that doesn't work, throw in far more Cunningham and Brown as there is no need to waste Gurley's health and longevity for less than 3 yds a carry.

This team as with all Fisher teams the last 10 years just seem incapable of consistent play on both sides of the ball. Last week the defense gives the game away. This week it is the offense. This is Fisher ball. This isn't me being negative, this is reality. So sick of the penalties and not being able to bear down and make key plays each week.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
There is something about this loss that doesn't bother me , because now I can stop kidding myself about them being a playoff team . Life goes on .
It's like spending $100 on a stripper... lot's of teasing going on.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
:yess:Goff should start against a struggling panthers team when we get back

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
That right there is something I don't understand. Opposing LT a full step out of their stance before the ball is snapped against Quinn? - No call. GROB twitches a butt muscle? False Start.

Add to this the Giants were lined up offsides at least 1/4 of the plays. Never called once.

fearsomefour

Legend
My vantage point:
  • Two of the four INTs were on Keenum. One was on Austin. One was on Quick.
  • Keenum missed three long balls that should have been TDs. I don't buy that Britt just gave up on a route that he was wide open on. If he slowed down, it's because he was supposed to slow down.
  • Havenstein was terrible today. Although, it would have helped if Case were taller. He could climb the pocket and take the angle away from Vernon.
  • Quick had a really good game.
  • Troy Hill played a lot better today. They gave him a lot of help with OBJ, but he was where he was supposed to be all game long.
  • Secondary as a whole played well. Donald played a great game as always. Impressed by Ogletree's play as well.
  • Defense was outstanding. They kept us in the game when they were under-manned.
  • Our special teams is arguably the best in the NFL. Hats off to Hekker, Zuerlein, McQuaide, and the core STers.
  • Our offensive coordinator still can be frustrating.
  • Our head coach is very frustrating.
I would like to add something to this post Jrry but I can't really.
Exactly how I saw today's game.
Quick not getting on the same page as Keenum is maddening for the coaches I am sure. Quick is a physical beast with some mental "shortcomings" it appears.

London59

Rookie
Name
London59
And can anyone explain to me how much of Quinn's uniform has to be pulled from his shoulder pads before it is officially holding? FFS Robinson shoves a guy down and gets called for holding. Quinn has his jersey practically ripped off and no flag. It really is sad. Bring in the college zebras.

Fisher needs to go apeshit during just one game and then the next day at his press conference show video evidence of why he is pissed. Yes, he will get fined, but I guarantee the refs will feel the pressure of Fisher calling them out and be less likely to throw mystery flags.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Fisher needs to go apeshit during just one game and then the next day at his press conference show video evidence of why he is pissed. Yes, he will get fined, but I guarantee the refs will feel the pressure of Fisher calling them out and be less likely to throw mystery flags.
Yeah - I've thought that too. I wonder if it would do anything. As a fan though, I would like to see him at least try it.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I am very happy to see we don't look 'HIGH SCHOOL' on offense all the time now. Sometimes our passing game looks like other NFL teams.

The O line isn't doing the job passblocking, Case was clearly uncomfortable....and of course he is waiting too long to throw because he doesn't trust his arm to get the ball there. Goff changes that with better feet, less fear and better arm.

Maybe our offense will be ranked top 20 over the last 8-10 games...It is so abnormal for a Fisher team to have such a weak run game in 7 point game....15 carries for Gurley....

Oh ya, My boy, Troy HIll, has the speed to not be afrad---next year he might be a great 4th corner; While EJ is superior, EJ is way off because he has to be.

On to Carolina....hmmm, two desparate and violent teams meet.....2014 all over with lots of fights. I love that the Rams fight after plays and don't give an inch....I hate to see that go when (if) Fish leaves.

By the way, it turns out Detroit is a pretty good team.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
There is something about this loss that doesn't bother me , because now I can stop kidding myself about them being a playoff team . Life goes on .

Yep, I know what you mean.
At the start of the year I was hoping.....but in the back of my mind I had a feeling this team just was not a winning team.
Way too many things had to go right for that to happen. And they rarely do.

I don't think we are too far away, but this year looks like another 6 or 7 win season.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
5. Stop wearing the blueberries.
My initial thoughts when I saw the Team was wearing them was "This^ is not a good sign!" I was right! I don't EVER want to see them again!!(y)

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I thought Boras Did a good job with the play calling. I saw a lot of different stuff. This game wasn't as predictable in guessing what was coming. Boras mixed it up pretty good.