Anti-vent thread Rams v Giants (no pejoratives)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jap

Legend
Rams have to get the running game figured out, they're not built to throw the ball 53 times no matter who the qb is. I'm not sure they can fix it with this offensive line.

They won't have to throw it 53 times . . . with the right QB. Put an accurate signal caller with strength, touch, and vision behind the center, and those DC's stuffing the box with 8-9 guys will suffer quick deaths via scoring bombs. When they back off to defend the deep pass, the Gurley Express! will shift into overdrive.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
1) Quick has been very steady all year with relatively few mistakes. Not sure what was the play was changed to on the last play but there was obviously a miscommunication between the two. Funny we've been crying all year for a fade in the end zone to Quick or Britt and well we finally got one. Quick is not a problem.

2) GRob is not nearly as bad as he's being blamed for. I'll say it again every replay I saw showed me him doing nothing wrong on his holding calls. If guys aren't getting called for doing that to Quinn then how is it a penalty on GRob. That said this wasn't a good showing for the entire OLine overall.

3) Defense played very well for the most part. Off the top of my head I can't think of much to complain about aside from health issues.

4) Hekker is our MVP take that for what you will.

5) Greg Zeurlein still perfect on the year.

6) Word is in his post game presser(I can't find it online anywhere to link) that Fisher said he'll make changes at WR before he does at QB. My signature says it all in regards to that comment. Yes there were some bad plays but more often than not the WR's have made plays to bail Keenum out.

7) Case thank you for your effort you really gave us your all. Unfortunately I'll use the same adjective for you I used at the start of the season. You're too limited. Like was said after last week, he's good when he can pass the ball and horrible when he has to.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd also start working the kid receivers in more as well.
I'd start Thomas next week. That pass he caught out of bounds of the endzone near the end demonstrates how smooth he is.
Design more sub-packages for him to get on the field.

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
This is what I saw.
1. WRs are not fighting for the ball as usual and jumping to grab the football when it's not necessary.
2. Some of Keenum's throws are fluttering and weak. There was no zip and accuracy. And the WRs had to stop in mid-stride to come back to the ball.
3. Some of the runs on the right side almost ended up being for no gain. Why can't Jamon Brown suit up for a hand injury? Was Fisher throwing JB under the bus for the stuffed at the goal line against Detroit last week?
4. Case did not need to force throwing the ball when the play was not there and he could have taken off running.
5. GR was called for three penalties. Granted, two of those penalties are BS as I did not see any holding. Maybe the refs are going by reputations of JPP's complaining and the notoriety of GR for being a penalty scapegoat? Otherwise, GR plays were OK and not extra-ordinary.
6. Higbee started the negative yardage and took out the momentum during the first half.
7. When crunch time comes, the cream rises to the top. And in many situations and close games, the Rams MUST CLOSE IT OUT WITH A WIN. BUT THEY ENDED UP LOSING.
8. Defense played well. If you take away the pick six and returned for a score by Collins, the Rams are still in it and could have won this game.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My vantage point:
  • Two of the four INTs were on Keenum. One was on Austin. One was on Quick.
  • Keenum missed three long balls that should have been TDs. I don't buy that Britt just gave up on a route that he was wide open on. If he slowed down, it's because he was supposed to slow down.
  • Havenstein was terrible today. Although, it would have helped if Case were taller. He could climb the pocket and take the angle away from Vernon.
  • Quick had a really good game.
  • Troy Hill played a lot better today. They gave him a lot of help with OBJ, but he was where he was supposed to be all game long.
  • Secondary as a whole played well. Donald played a great game as always. Impressed by Ogletree's play as well.
  • Defense was outstanding. They kept us in the game when they were under-manned.
  • Our special teams is arguably the best in the NFL. Hats off to Hekker, Zuerlein, McQuaide, and the core STers.
  • Our offensive coordinator still can be frustrating.
  • Our head coach is very frustrating.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I look at the record and I think about all that experience Goff could have had and how much further along the offense would be at this point. Playing it safe and starting Keenum payed off with 3 whole wins out of 7 tries. Total waste....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Keenum missed three long balls that should have been TDs. I don't buy that Britt just gave up on a route that he was wide open on. If he slowed down, it's because he was supposed to slow down.
Correct. Unless the QB sees an opportunity for him to keep running. Usually they both see that, and have in the past.
But I don't wanna harp too much on that. None of us know how that was supposed to work.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
can I get a fair review of the 4th quarter without any bias towards any player? I had to leave for my flag football game so I missed the whole 4th and would like a good review of what went wrong. Clearly there was 3 drives, all ending in picks one of which set up the game winning score, but were they bad passes, drops, etc? and were the rams moving the ball well aside from the picks and capable of winning without the picks. Any help is appreciated

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
can I get a fair review of the 4th quarter without any bias towards any player? I had to leave for my flag football game so I missed the whole 4th and would like a good review of what went wrong. Clearly there was 3 drives, all ending in picks one of which set up the game winning score, but were they bad passes, drops, etc? and were the rams moving the ball well aside from the picks and capable of winning without the picks. Any help is appreciated
I saw a few pass plays this game where the receiver didn't even get his head around to see the ball. One of those was a pick. It just seemed like there were an inordinate amount of throws this game where there was either miscommunication, or just outright bad WR or QB play. I won't speculate on which it was, because I have no idea what some of those plays were designed to be. But I'll keep harping on the OBVIOUS missed sight adjustments I saw in this game where the QB threw to where the WR wasn't. Even the announcers (Fouts, I think) made mention of it. In the end, it was just too many turnovers (no matter how or why they happened) to overcome. That said, they were in position to tie the game until one of those miscommunications happened in the redzone and the Giants sealed it with their 4th pick.

Reno Ram

UDFA
I can't help but feel the officiating is biased week after week against a Fisher coached team. Several questionable calls against GRob and Quinn can't sniff a holding call against him...
What did the Giants have, 20 yards in penalties?
Also, would love to see a replay of the incompletion to Marquez in the end zone right before the final pick - Appeared to me he was interfered with twice on the same play, by two different DB's...

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Quick is really close to being a difference maker. Mental stuff gets him sometimes, but he is a damn fine WR all of a sudden.

G ROB is not as bad as the BS calls that go against him.

Kendricks could catch a squid in a mercury factory.

Britt is a man. Period.

Gaines is a legit corner in this league.

Aaron Donald.

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think GROB for whatever reason is getting targeted. Half of the holds on him are pretty questionable. I mean that stuff happens every play. But he is a bit of a disappointment given his draft slot.

That right there is something I don't understand. Opposing LT a full step out of their stance before the ball is snapped against Quinn? - No call. GROB twitches a butt muscle? False Start.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I can't help but feel the officiating is biased week after week against a Fisher coached team. Several questionable calls against GRob and Quinn can't sniff a holding call against him...
What did the Giants have, 20 yards in penalties?
Also, would love to see a replay of the incompletion to Marquez in the end zone right before the final pick - Appeared to me he was interfered with twice on the same play, by two different DB's...

I saw it too. First was definitely illegal contact. Second was pass interference.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The good:

• Tavon had to learn a valuable lesson about taking his eye off the ball. He played tough the rest of the game too.
  • Quick is producing and his physical tools are showing. Hoping his mental skills catch up.
  • Britt is balling out there. IMO, Cromartie was a bit early on the pass near the goal line but Britt looks strong
  • If the offense can finally get a decent lead, it looks like Gurley is getting to that stride and can finish off games.
  • Keenum actually had a decent pocket for most of the game - at least something to step up into.
  • The DBs played well and McDonald was putting guys' heads on a swivel. Our corners took a step forward
  • I actually thought the coaching was very good in this game
The not so good:
  • The offense can't establish leads and/or momentum
  • Robinson can't buy a break from the zebras but I still have a hard time defending him in this one. Was he awful? At times, yes. He was out of position and had to yank JPP down to keep him from crushing Keenum. From what it looked like to me, the Rams had to put in a back just to key on Robinson's man on a couple plays. IMO - clearly Robinson's worst game.
  • We need to get healthy on Defense
  • Keenum - as much as I like and respect him - is not the answer. IMO - our receivers are better than Keenum allows
  • We are snake bit - period. We find ways to snatch defeat out of the jaws of victory.
My hope is that we get healthy during the break and get Goff ready to play in two weeks. I realize he will have some hiccups but I really think he makes some of those passes that Keenum simply can't. I also think his height and quick release provides more opportunities for the likes of TA. It appears clear that Quick and Britt can get open deep. Now we need someone to get them the ball where they are not constantly in jump ball situations.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
And can anyone explain to me how much of Quinn's uniform has to be pulled from his shoulder pads before it is officially holding? FFS Robinson shoves a guy down and gets called for holding. Quinn has his jersey practically ripped off and no flag. It really is sad. Bring in the college zebras.

KayJay

Starter
1) He's good when he can pass the ball and horrible when he has to.
That right there, is right on the money. He's a great guy, works hard and even though I'm hard on him there has been improvement. Sadly, there is a limit to how good he can be. We knew that going into the season, and we know it now.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
3-4 is better than 1-6 or 0-7 which they could actually be . They played scared with the lead last week and this week .

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
And can anyone explain to me how much of Quinn's uniform has to be pulled from his shoulder pads before it is officially holding? FFS Robinson shoves a guy down and gets called for holding. Quinn has his jersey practically ripped off and no flag. It really is sad. Bring in the college zebras.

Refs have Robinson marked. He's not going to get a fair shake.