Anquan Boldin signs one-year deal with Buffalo Bills

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000826632/article/anquan-boldin-signs-oneyear-deal-with-buffalo-bills

After losing out on the Jeremy Maclin sweepstakes, the Bills have finally gotten on the board with a veteran wide receiver.

Anquan Boldin is signing a one-year deal to join Tyrod Taylor and Sammy Watkins in Buffalo, Good Morning Football's Peter Schrager reported Monday. NFL Network's Tom Pelissero adds the one-year deal is worth up to $4 million. Boldin, who will turn 37 in early October, now joins his fifth NFL team in 15 years. His latest stop comes in a place desperate for help on offense.

Notoriously sure handed, Boldin posted a 70.5 percent catch rate in Detroit last year -- one of the highest totals of his career. He finished the season with 67 total receptions for 584 yards and eight touchdowns.

While this is not a signing that will break the Bills' offense wide open, bringing in a veteran like Boldin is a tremendous gift for both Taylor and Watkins -- a receiver the Bills would like to see develop into a franchise-type star. Boldin's understanding of leverage and his ability to find small windows of empty space are among the best in the NFL.

"In my opinion, Anquan Boldin is a Hall of Fame player," Bills general manager Brandon Beane told reporters. "Add that to winning the Man of the Year Award and we're excited."

The Bills spent the early portion of camp looking at an uncertain depth chart behind Watkins. Rookie Zay Jones has made some plays early on, but behind him is a bundle of unproven players and older veterans like Rod Streater and Andre Holmes. Boldin should add a little more certainty at the position.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Probably my favorite WR over the last 20 years besides our own Isaac Bruce.
Would have loved to have Boldin here for a year or two even in the twilight of his career.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey Mojo Ram, I have always been intrigued about the careers of Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin...both on the same team with Kurt Warner and they had to let Boldin go after the Super Bowl year (I think). Fitzgerald has been a freak and I think will end up in the Hall of Fame when his career is over. Boldin won a Super Bowl with the Ravens and has played for multiple teams, but prolly isn't good enough for the HOF....

Which career would you choose?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Probably my favorite WR over the last 20 years besides our own Isaac Bruce.
Would have loved to have Boldin here for a year or two even in the twilight of his career.
I'm surprised Boldin had to settle for Buffalo, instead of a contender!

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Watkins left practice gimpy yesterday or Saturday. This could be a bad sign for Buffalo.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hey Mojo Ram, I have always been intrigued about the careers of Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin...both on the same team with Kurt Warner and they had to let Boldin go after the Super Bowl year (I think). Fitzgerald has been a freak and I think will end up in the Hall of Fame when his career is over. Boldin won a Super Bowl with the Ravens and has played for multiple teams, but prolly isn't good enough for the HOF....

Which career would you choose?
Which career would i choose as an NFL wide receiver? Probably Larry because he's universally praised and loved and looks to hold quite a few NFL receiving records.

As a fan i've always admired Boldin's toughness and competitiveness. In some ways i think his skills have been underrated. His style of play and what he brings is exactly what i'd want if i was to start at ground zero and build a WR core.

Yeah these two guys are so different from each other in terms of persona and even in the way they approach and play the game but along with Warner...that was a tremendously special trio.

Fitz is a sure fire HOF'r in my opinion and i think Boldin gets in eventually.