Another Music Question

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Phil Collins was a great drummer before injuries messed up his career. A Trick of the Tail is still my favorite Genesis album. I saw Genesis multiple times during the 70's and they were fantastic.

Years after that, ego and excess went to his head and everything improved for him and Genesis financially but suffered musically(with a few exceptions). Phil is worth around 250 million dollars.
And has this strange infatuation with The Alamo.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Counting crows should be banished to a cave in Afghanistan to punish terrorists.

Saw Jethro Tull once at Wolftrap just cuz a buddy said he would pay for my drinks. No amount of beer could have made that experience tolerable. I wanted to Jethro kill myself.....
Huh?

Tull is one of my favorite bands... must have seen them 15 times over the years. You'd be hard pressed to find a more gifted musician than Ian Anderson.

One of the most successful bands of the 70's.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Huh?

Tull is one of my favorite bands... must have seen them 15 times over the years. You'd be hard pressed to find a more gifted musician than Ian Anderson.

Yeah, no. I will stick to MY opinion of them thank you. I don't like my music to include flutes....that's just me though. Justin Bieber was one of the most successful performers of the last decade.....I don't like him either.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Apparently you REALLY like "Tull". That's 2 different opinions you have given me for the same opinion. I get it...you don't agree.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Apparently you REALLY like "Tull". That's 2 different opinions you have given me for the same opinion. I get it...you don't agree.

I really like Jethro Tull as well, but I don't argue with anyone wearing an Everett jersey wailing on a guitar. Ever!:rockon:

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
Despite being a New Jersey homer, I detest Bruce Springsteen's music and never understood the whole fascination with him

I can’t even. Like, what? Man. Tough crowd in here.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
By the way, the Smiths? And the fucking CRANBERRIES? You guys need your heads examined if you think those are anywhere near bad music.

For me it’s Ed Sheeran. Just so ridiculously bang average but everybody everywhere loves him. I just don’t get it. I could name fifty better singer-songwriters who get zero credit.

I also think Adele is a whiny, overrated one trick pony. Can’t stand her music. Honourable mentions to oasis, the arctic monkeys, sting/the police.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
By the way, the Smiths? And the freaking CRANBERRIES? You guys need your heads examined if you think those are anywhere near bad music.

For me it’s Ed Sheeran. Just so ridiculously bang average but everybody everywhere loves him. I just don’t get it. I could name fifty better singer-songwriters who get zero credit.

I also think Adele is a whiny, overrated one trick pony. Can’t stand her music. Honourable mentions to oasis, the arctic monkeys, sting/the police.

You are correct sir. The Cranberries aren't anywhere near bad music. They're much worse than simply being "bad music".

I swear if I ever have to hear that woman say zombie again I'll eviscerate myself, come back as a zombie, and then hang myself with my own entrails and die again.

Same thing with that atrocious some about lingering. Awful. I'd rather starve to death riding the small world ride at Disneyland continuously.

Serious hate.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Huh?

I've seen them 3 times. Once Ian came out summersaulting down a ramp and started playing the flute WHILE STILL SUMMERSAULTING! Insane. They always put on some kind of theater type show so if that is not your thing then you probably wouldn't like their concert. But Ian is insanely talented on the flute. He inspired my son to take up the flute. But guitars get the chicks so he switched over. Smart kid. I get if some don't appreciate the flute - especially in rock music. I suppose I'm the same way with fast guitar just for the sake of being fast guitar. Yawn.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
You are correct sir. The Cranberries aren't anywhere near bad music. They're much worse than simply being "bad music".

I swear if I ever have to hear that woman say zombie again I'll eviscerate myself, come back as a zombie, and then hang myself with my own entrails and die again.

Same thing with that atrocious some about lingering. Awful. I'd rather starve to death riding the small world ride at Disneyland continuously.

Serious hate.
SO much there with you man. I want to strangle her anytime I hear that howling yodel of a voice she has. AAACK!!!

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've seen them 3 times. Once Ian came out summersaulting down a ramp and started playing the flute WHILE STILL SUMMERSAULTING! Insane. They always put on some kind of theater type show so if that is not your thing then you probably wouldn't like their concert. But Ian is insanely talented on the flute. He inspired my son to take up the flute. But guitars get the chicks so he switched over. Smart kid. I get if some don't appreciate the flute - especially in rock music. I suppose I'm the same way with fast guitar just for the sake of being fast guitar. Yawn.
Oh yeah, I can understand how they were not to some people's liking.

They were an acquired taste, as they say... very complex music.

There were very few of their songs that you absorbed immediately (like Living in the Past, Bungle in the Jungle) and Ian has said, those were the songs he hated most. They had to write them to appease the record label and producers.

But, their most satisfying music - to me - were the songs you had to listen to a few times... maybe even ten... before you really got them. Those are the songs that stayed with me... even to today. Kinda similar to my other favorite band - Emerson, Lake and Palmer. No easy listening, pop stuff there.

Funny, two of my daughters took up the flute... they never said it was because of Tull... but they did hear their music a lot growing up.

My son played percussion... and he has said he was influenced by Carl Palmer. We met him at a percussion clinic he put on for high school band members at a local music shop. The guy was amazing.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
After all the hate in this thread, Dolores (lead singer of the Cranberries) has passed away aged 46. The suggestion is that she took her own life.

Whilst she may not have been everyone’s cup of tea, she was undoubtedly a talent and had written some incredible songs. RIP dolores.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
After all the hate in this thread, Dolores (lead singer of the Cranberries) has passed away aged 46. The suggestion is that she took her own life.

Whilst she may not have been everyone’s cup of tea, she was undoubtedly a talent and had written some incredible songs. RIP dolores.
Yeah, people dieing isn't cool. Obviously I'm not happy about it. That would be sick. It is very sad and even worse if she took her own life.