Another Bradford Article!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
No, Wilson hasn't done it. The SEAHAWKS did it. This is a team sport. You really think if Bradford were on the 49ers or Seahawks, they wouldn't be in the playoffs? Come on now. Teams win and teams lose.

Agreed. Now, Wilson has abilities that Bradford doesn't and vise versa, but still, the Seahawks had a great TEAM last year and they weren't trying something they shouldn't have bothered with for the first quarter of the season.

I don't get this. You're a good poster Jrry.... I really enjoy reading you but I'm not sure how you can make this argument. The Seahawks don't do it without Wilson. Rookie QBs don't just come in and have 100+ QB ratings in back to back years, throw 26 tds each season, and lead their teams to the divisional playoffs their first year and SB win the next season. I also suspect that if Wilson was Bradford your not making that argument.

Everyone knows it's a team sport but we disagree strongly on this. Russell Wilson on 4th and goal in the NFC Champ threw the game winning TD sending his team to the SB. The guy makes plays and clutch ones. He has thrown an nfl record 52 tds in his fist two seasons. No one has ever done that. Not Manning, not Warner, it's never been done.... And we know how explosive the Hawks passing game is with those great WRs :whistle: I won't even mention that great oline lol.

So no I'm not at all certain that Bradford leads the Hawks to the playoffs. Most of you complained about the Rams oline protection and their line was the 14th ranked pass blocking line in the NFL. Exactly what would he do is Seattle behind the NFLs worst line and WRs no better than the Rams?

Sorry dude

I can see where you're coming from, not trying to change your mind. I'm not sure Wilson would have lead the Rams to the playoffs last year considering the struggles the Rams faced early on, and yes I would argue we still would have had those problems even with Wilson as it was mostly the defense being awful. I'd like to think the Rams would have made the playoffs last year if Bradford was healthy, but I'm not sure if that would have been the case. I don't see any reason Bradford couldn't have led the Seahawks to the playoffs last year, aside from injury. The offensive line is the only possible concern I could see.

Now, for the upcoming season, if you take the two and interchange them, I think they both would lead each others teams to the playoffs. I'll say it again, Wilson has abilities that Bradford doesn't and vise versa.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Just out of curiosity has anyone ever changed their opinion on Bradford based on a debate on the internet?
Well some of us and I say some because I've heard others say this,have become less prone to defend Bradford because of the constant din that none of the teams problems come from any other place than the absence of All Pro recs. or the teams reticence to draft the precise recs. they think Sam must have. It get's old and wears away at your confidence in the guy because you know he's been given a decent amount of talent to throw to.
So not totally, but some errosion.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't get this. You're a good poster Jrry.... I really enjoy reading you but I'm not sure how you can make this argument. The Seahawks don't do it without Wilson. Rookie QBs don't just come in and have 100+ QB ratings in back to back years, throw 26 tds each season, and lead their teams to the divisional playoffs their first year and SB win the next season. I also suspect that if Wilson was Bradford your not making that argument.

I'm not taking a shot at Wilson. It's easy to see, though, that if Bradford were on the Seahawks...they'd still be a playoff team.

If Wilson were on the Rams, they might be.

Wilson is a quality QB that plays in the perfect situation for his skill-set.

Everyone knows it's a team sport but we disagree strongly on this. Russell Wilson on 4th and goal in the NFC Champ threw the game winning TD sending his team to the SB. The guy makes plays and clutch ones. He has thrown an nfl record 52 tds in his fist two seasons. No one has ever done that. Not Manning, not Warner, it's never been done.... And we know how explosive the Hawks passing game is with those great WRs :whistle: I won't even mention that great oline lol.

You may want to look that up. Peyton Manning threw 52 TDs in his first two seasons. Dan Marino threw 68 TDs in his first two seasons.

The throw in the NFC Championship game was great...but lets not misrepresent it. His TD was thrown with nearly 14 minutes left in the 4th quarter on a free play(because a defender jumped off-sides). The Seattle defense held for the entire 4th quarter.

So no I'm not at all certain that Bradford leads the Hawks to the playoffs. Most of you complained about the Rams oline protection and their line was the 14th ranked pass blocking line in the NFL. Exactly what would he do is Seattle behind the NFLs worst line and WRs no better than the Rams?

Sorry dude

Their WRs are no better than the Rams? That's laughable. They had the lowest drop rate in the NFL. Golden Taint led the NFL in YAC Average. Their WRs were quite easily better than the Rams WRs last year.

I am 100% certain they make the playoffs with Bradford. Because they still have the #1 defense and a top tier running game.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I'm not taking a shot at Wilson. It's easy to see, though, that if Bradford were on the Seahawks...they'd still be a playoff team.

You may want to look that up. Peyton Manning threw 52 TDs in his first two seasons. Dan Marino threw 68 TDs in his first two seasons.

Yep...not to mention that Warner had 62 over just 27 games in his first 2 years. I don't count the one pass he threw in 1998 as a "season". That said, I agree with some of ED's points. I think we all need to see more from Bradford this year, and I gives a flying fluck about #'s,......I am talking wins. Obviously, winning is a TEAM function, but this TEAM won with the same regularity when KC was in there as it did with Sam. Not a knock on Sam, and I realize that the game plan changed when SB went out, but as well as Sam played in the first 7 games, the Rams were still 3-4....and 2 of those wins were against the Jags and Texans.

ED_29

The throw in the NFC Championship game was great...but lets not misrepresent it. His TD was thrown with nearly 14 minutes left in the 4th quarter on a free play(because a defender jumped off-sides). The Seattle defense held for the entire 4th quarter.

Their WRs are no better than the Rams? That's laughable. They had the lowest drop rate in the NFL. Golden Taint led the NFL in YAC Average. Their WRs were quite easily better than the Rams WRs last year.

I am 100% certain they make the playoffs with Bradford. Because they still have the #1 defense and a top tier running game.

yep... we will agree to disagree

ED_29

with Jackson as the starter they were 7-9 the year before they drafted Wilson

ED_29

hey jrry my bad on the 52tds... I obviously misstated. The record he holds was for the number of wins by a two year QB. Sorry about that... wasn't intentional

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The lengths people go to in order to minimize the play of some players, while simulataneously pumping up the play of their own is laughable.

Russel Wilson on last years Ram team makes them a solid playoff team, with the sky as the limit. I hate the Seahawks with a passion but they got lucky and found the next Kurt Warner/Tom Brady diamond in the rough. Just because I root against them doesnt mean not giving credit where its due

I am enthusiastic about Sam returning to the team and proving he is worth it. But I'm not assuming, extrapolating or guessing he'd be anything more than .500 until he actually does it

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You know this how?
Of course nobody "knows" that but Seattle without Wilson in 2011 is 7-9
With him as a rookie, they're 11-5
Then last year?
He's the straw that stirs their drink

jjab360

Legend
Then last year?
So Russell Wilson was the absolute only change between 2011 and 2012? Nothing else?

I guess guys like Lynch, Sherman, and Thomas taking their games to the next level had nothing to do with that? Or outstanding rookie seasons from Bobby Wagner and Bruce Irvin? Another year of experience on a team full of young veterans? Just little ol' Russel Wilson by himself, huh?

FRO

Legend
The lengths people go to in order to minimize the play of some players, while simulataneously pumping up the play of their own is laughable.

Russel Wilson on last years Ram team makes them a solid playoff team, with the sky as the limit. I hate the Seahawks with a passion but they got lucky and found the next Kurt Warner/Tom Brady diamond in the rough. Just because I root against them doesnt mean not giving credit where its due

I am enthusiastic about Sam returning to the team and proving he is worth it. But I'm not assuming, extrapolating or guessing he'd be anything more than .500 until he actually does it
Wilson isn't the focal point of their offense though. The Seahawks averaged 7 more yards passing a game than we did. Many QBs would do well with the number 4 rushing offense and the number 1 defense in the league. The Rams were 19th in rushing yards per game. Not knocking Wilson, I just don't think he is Peyton Manning/Tom Brady yet. He has had a good situation to win in. The point is winning isn't all on one guy.

FRO

Legend
So Russell Wilson was the absolute only change between 2011 and 2012? Nothing else?

I guess guys like Lynch, Sherman, and Thomas taking their games to the next level had nothing to do with that? Or outstanding rookie seasons from Bobby Wagner and Bruce Irvin? Another year of experience on a team full of young veterans? Just little ol' Wussel Wilson by himself, huh?
Exactly. Yes Wilson was an improvement over their previous QB. That helped win games, but other guys are just as responsible.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Then last year?
Well then I have a problem working out this logic...

Rams without Bradford were 1-15
With Bradford they were 7-9
Then with Bradford half a season they were 2-14
Then with Bradford they were 7-8-1
Then with Bradford half a season they were 7-9

There's a common denominator there, but there are also a shit ton of variables.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I guess guys like Lynch, Sherman, and Thomas taking their games to the next level had nothing to do with that? Or outstanding rookie seasons from Bobby Wagner and Bruce Irvin? Another year of experience on a team full of young veterans? Just little ol' Russel Wilson by himself, huh?
Yep. Just like Warner made the difference with the GSOT.
The defense was already pretty darned good. And a good offense makes the defense job a heck of a lot easier
And his added dimension on offense helped
Lynch had a darned good year in 2011, but had no help

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

Its odd then that you have no problem assuming, guessing or extrapolating how good Wilson would have been on the Rams though.

Come on Dieter. The truth is no one knows how good Wilson would have been with the Rams. We do know that he had a better run game to work with, we know that he was used in an offense specifically suited to him, we know he had a better defense on his team, we know he has had the ultimate home field advantage in every game he has played in Seattle, we know his receiving corps made the plays necessary to win, we know he had more short field opportunities, we know he entered into the league in a MUCH, much better situation for a rookie. And we know that the running QB is "all the rage" right now because most NFL defenses are playing catch up to find ways to stop it.
Take a look at Wilsons stats against the top defenses he has faced (mind you he never plays against the Seawhaks!) and you see a guy that is like the rest of the QBs out there.

Wilson is a good QB who has played for a great team since being drafted. Sam (IMO) is a good QB who has played for a clusterf@#$ of a team for the vast majority of his time in the league. As the team around him has improved, lo and behold, so has Bradford. You really believe that Wilson would have been the next "Kurt Warner/Tom Brady" if he had been drafted by the Rams in 2010?
Wilson is good and he was absolutely a steal where he was drafted. I'm not a fool and wont argue otherwise. That said, dude has been as lucky as he has been good. Sam hasn't shared the same luck.