1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Another Bradford Article!

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by wrstdude, May 27, 2014.

1. Boffo97 Well-Known Member

Except there AREN'T ANY "rabid Bradford underwear sniffers". There just aren't.

There are those who look only at the TEAM'S record and decide that Bradford as an individual must suck, and those who look at the situation as a whole before assigning blame.

One doesn't have to be an "underwear sniffer" to understand that we haven't historically given Bradford what ANY QB would need to succeed.

rhinobean, flv and wrstdude like this.
  2. Bluesy Reppin' the Rams since 2000

If Russell Wilson can get to the playoffs, none to mention a super bowl, then Sam can.

nighttrain likes this.
  3. Zaphod Active Member

Or they just keep him and sign him to a contract that reflects his performance.

It's that simple to me, who's better that's available and at what cost? Is that cost justified? Then replace him, if not improve the team in other ways.

Once they have the rest of the team mostly in place, and I don't think they do right now, a newly drafted or traded QB inherits a great team.

But this team isn't great yet. Our secondary is inexperienced and our wide receivers are a question mark.

4. ED_29 Member

Ok fair enough! :censored:

5. mr.stlouis Well-Known Member

Sam just has to manage the game. He's more than capable of that.

6. ED_29 Member

Tizzy, lather, worked up.... I probably said that given the amount of attention my dissenting opinion of the article attracted. In any case I thought I was very clear on why the comparison doesn't work. I mean the only reason the writer makes the comparison is because Flacco and the Ravens won the SB right? So therefore it seem pretty vacuous IMO to talk about the seasons being similar and leave off the fact that Flacco was killer in both the 2011 and 2012 playoffs.

I mean in the 2012 playoffs alone he had the following QB ratings:

Vs. Colts - 125.6
    @ Denver - 116.2
    @ NE - 106.3
    vs. 49ers - 124.2

Sorry X we just don't agree on this but... IMO the article comes up short

7. ED_29 Member

show me.... Wilson has done it. When Sam does I will be elated

8. -X- Not into the whole brevity thing.

Well this aggression will not stand, man.

[​IMG]

nighttrain, wrstdude, ED_29 and 2 others like this.
  9. Mojo Ram On double secret probation

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. ED_29 Member

I wish I knew how to post pictures using this freaking iPad. Lol. I'm too lazy to grab my laptop out of the car lmao!

11. wrstdude Member

"Ahhhhh fu ck it..."

On a side note, the writer was at a 1000 word limit. That was as much depth that could be permitted due to length restrictions.

12. flv 

Some day someone will design a gif where the smiley runs around the screen sniffing underwear. I just hope the smiley is blue and green...or red and gold.

13. jrry32 Well-Known Member

Which argument am I taking care of? :LOL:

Trent Dilfer is a Super Bowl winning QB. Mark Sanchez's career playoff QB Rating is higher than Tom Brady's. Are we not allowed to say Bradford is better than Sanchez or Dilfer?

Bradford hasn't been to the playoffs, none of us know how he'd do. What we can ACTUALLY compare is Flacco and Bradford based on what they've done on the field. And when you look at the past two years, Bradford has been the better QB.

And to make matters worse, Flacco looked DREADFUL with the type of supporting cast in 2013 that Bradford has had throughout his career.

rams24/7 likes this.
  14. jrry32 Well-Known Member

No, Wilson hasn't done it. The SEAHAWKS did it. This is a team sport. You really think if Bradford were on the 49ers or Seahawks, they wouldn't be in the playoffs? Come on now. Teams win and teams lose.

FRO likes this.
  15. ED_29 Member

I don't get this. You're a good poster Jrry.... I really enjoy reading you but I'm not sure how you can make this argument. The Seahawks don't do it without Wilson. Rookie QBs don't just come in and have 100+ QB ratings in back to back years, throw 26 tds each season, and lead their teams to the divisional playoffs their first year and SB win the next season. I also suspect that if Wilson was Bradford your not making that argument.

Everyone knows it's a team sport but we disagree strongly on this. Russell Wilson on 4th and goal in the NFC Champ threw the game winning TD sending his team to the SB. The guy makes plays and clutch ones. He has thrown an nfl record 52 tds in his fist two seasons. No one has ever done that. Not Manning, not Warner, it's never been done.... And we know how explosive the Hawks passing game is with those great WRs :whistle: I won't even mention that great oline lol.

So no I'm not at all certain that Bradford leads the Hawks to the playoffs. Most of you complained about the Rams oline protection and their line was the 14th ranked pass blocking line in the NFL. Exactly what would he do is Seattle behind the NFLs worst line and WRs no better than the Rams?

Sorry dude

16. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Just out of curiosity has anyone ever changed their opinion on Bradford based on a debate on the internet?

RamsOfCastamere and dieterbrock like this.
  17. rhinobean Well-Known Member

I doubt it!!!!! When he takes the Rams to the playoffs the doubters will say it was something else! Like it's a team sport or something! :sneaky:

nighttrain likes this.
  18. dieterbrock Active Member

Most accurate post I have ever seen regarding #8
    Well done my friend

19. ED_29 Member

Well when we get to that point at least it will be progress.

rhinobean likes this.
  20. Zaphod Active Member

Ah, Fu ck it. Yes, that's your answer to everything.

wrstdude likes this.