Angry Ram's final Rams mock

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Assuming no trades (although I would love to trade out of the 16th spot).

Fuck reaches and values, steals and falls.

Here we go:

1a. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama. Please go here <a class="postlink-local" href="http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13352" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13352</a> for my reasoning.

010413_eddie-lacy_600.jpg

Alternate picks: Trade down and take Matt Elam. OK, since that isn't a real pick: Tavon Austin, WR. or Chance Warmack, OG.

1b. DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson. Starting to want this guy and think he's the most complete WR coming out. If someone can explain why "Nuke" isn't the convo for being taken higher, I'd love to hear. Everything I've been reading has been nothing but positive for him.

img20014971.jpg

Alternate picks: Matt Elam, Jon Cooper, Alec Ogletree

2. DJ Swearinger, S, South Carolina.

20121008_jel_ay3_006.0_standard_352.0.jpg

3. Khaseem Greene, OLB, Rutgers. The emphasis on 4-3 OLBs isn't as big as it once was, so Khaseem Greene is a legit option in the 3rd.

10333471-large.jpg

4. Barrett Jones, OL, Alabama. Evidently he's going to start the season on the PUP, so I think this drops him a bit. He fills a need tho, and can play both OG (which is needed now @ LG and possibly after Harvey Dahl, and center). Perfect spot for him to rehab a bit and develop.

20120901_mje_se2_235.0_standard_352.0.jpg

5-7: Depth for CB, WR, DT.

So projected starting offense and defense:

Jake Long, Rok Watkins, Scott Wells, Harvey Dahl, Rodger Saffold (with the interior backed up by Barrett Jones), Jared Cook, Jr.

Sam Bradford, Lance Kendricks, Eddie Lacy

Chris Givens, DeAndre Hopkins, Brian Quick, Austin Pettis

Chris Long, Michael Brockers, Kendall Langford, Robert Quinn

Jo-Lonn Dunbar, James Laurinaitis (with Khaseem Greene in pure 4-3 defense...I think they play more nickle).

Cortland Finnegan, Darian Stewart, DJ Swearinger, Janoris Jenkins...nickle back Trumaine Johson.

Championship, bitches.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Good Job, I wouldn't be too unhappy with this, however, he only pick I'm not comfortable with is Lacy. We took two RBs last year in the draft & picked another up in FA... and I don't like the fact that he ran out of steam at his Tuscaloosa Pro Day... he was just plain unfit!

And we need more holes filled...

But I have to say Barrett Jones - I love this pick, I took him in the 3rd in my mock - I think he's going to be that good, and will be a great addition to our OL

nittany ram

Rookie
That's a good list. Makes sense. Obviously a lot depends on how much Fisher/Snead trust the abilities of Pead and Richardson. To my way of thinking neither back really domonstrated they could carry the load in Schotty's run-heavy offense. They each flashed good stuff, but their grades are incomplete. Who knows what Fisher thinks about it though?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nittany ram said:
That's a good list. Makes sense. Obviously a lot depends on how much Fisher/Snead trust the abilities of Pead and Richardson. To my way of thinking neither back really domonstrated they could carry the load in Schotty's run-heavy offense. They each flashed good stuff, but their grades are incomplete. Who knows what Fisher thinks about it though?
Yeah, that's the key. If Fisher wants a work-horse, then I don't think Richardson is the guy. Pead "might" be, but the jury's still out on that. I could definitely see him getting 300 carries this year though.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
I'm a little leery of Lacy myself, but if he is that "workhorse" guy, then I'd be alright with it, personally I'm not sure that's happening being Pead was drafted so high last year...love Barrett Jones and Hopkins picks tho.

nittany ram

Rookie
The Dude said:
nittany ram said:
Yeah, that's the key. If Fisher wants a work-horse, then I don't think Richardson is the guy. Pead "might" be, but the jury's still out on that. I could definitely see him getting 300 carries this year though.

Yup. Still a lot of "ifs" at RB. And WR.

BTW I broke the 100 post barrier. FYI I prefer 100 dollar bills but I'll accept tens and twenties if that's easier. I don't want to be a nuisance.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
nittany ram said:
The Dude said:
nittany ram said:

BTW I broke the 100 post barrier. FYI I prefer 100 dollar bills but I'll accept tens and twenties if that's easier. I don't want to be a nuisance.
You're still a UDFA. So ...... STFU and bring my shell & helmet back to the locker room.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
The Dude said:
nittany ram said:
The Dude said:
nittany ram said:

You're still a UDFA. So ...... STFU and bring my shell & helmet back to the locker room.

Holy Shit, and here I was thinking of asking what my 40 posts were worth :lmao:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
OC--LeftCoast said:
The Dude said:
nittany ram said:
The Dude said:
nittany ram said:

Holy Shit, and here I was thinking of asking what my 40 posts were worth :lmao:
Who said that? :shifty:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I'm not saying I disagree with any of this however; what about Right Offensive Tackle?

Do we draft for that now? Or do we let Saffold play out the one year left on his contract and draft for it next year?

F. Mulder

Starter
Rambitious1 said:
I'm not saying I disagree with any of this however; what about Right Offensive Tackle?

Do we draft for that now? Or do we let Saffold play out the one year left on his contract and draft for it next year?

You don't draft a ROT in the first IMO. Do you draft one (or a guard or center for that matter) sure. You should draft OL constantly, but you have potential future ROT on the roster now or can develop one this season IF Saffold goes.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
The Dude said:
OC--LeftCoast said:
The Dude said:
nittany ram said:
The Dude said:
nittany ram said:

Holy shyte, and here I was thinking of asking what my 40 posts were worth :lmao:
Who said that? :shifty:

Sometimes things in print just don't come off right :bg:

my bad

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rambitious1 said:

I doubt Rodger Saffold gets traded, but DJ Fluker is worth a 1st rounder; before Jake Long I wanted DJ.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm really just not at all for taking Eddie Lacy in the 1st.

Angry Ram

jrry32 said:
I'm really just not at all for taking Eddie Lacy in the 1st.

That's fine, I'm not knocking your opinion. I just feel a skill position player w/ little questions regarding playing time would be better than an OLB. This team is sorely lacking rushing TDs.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Ok I have to agree we are lacking in rushing TDs, so are you saying that was SJ39's fault, was he not that good of a RB? Is Lacy a better RB?

IMO it's your O-line that improves the potential for rushing TDs? and its your O-lne that can make a RB look good.

Angry Ram

shaunpinney said:
Ok I have to agree we are lacking in rushing TDs, so are you saying that was SJ39's fault, was he not that good of a RB? Is Lacy a better RB?

IMO it's your O-line that improves the potential for rushing TDs? and its your O-lne that can make a RB look good.

IDK man, but SJack lacked home run speed for the longest time. Eddie ain't no speedster and probably won't get many 60 yard TDs, but he can barrel his way down for 20-50ish yards for scores. At the goalline, too, was another problem. For some reason the coaches (both Jeff Fisher/Steve Spagnuolo) didn't really give the ball a lot to Jack down there. Here's a guy that gets 1000 yards every year despite injured/bad OLs but can't get the couple for a score. That really pissed me off, and it pissed Jack off (hehe) vs. Seattle 2011.

Of course that's no promise that Eddie would suddenly erase that problem, but I'd feel better knowing that there would be a big back to get that score or the couple inches to sustain important drives.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
It just goes to show that this Draft and the needs on our team have us all guessing - last year it was Blackmon that was going to be the turnaround for the rams and we chose Quick as our premier WR....

Who knows what Fisher and Snead are thinking....

Angry Ram

Well at least I got the 4th round pick right!! Woop woop!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Angry Ram said:
Well at least I got the 4th round pick right!! Woop woop!

With the exception of Lacy, you got the positions right. WR, LB, S, OL.

Is Barrett Jones slated to start on the PUP? I thought I read, and I could be wrong, he plans on being ready for camp.