Andrus Peat?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sportsed

Pro Bowler
I think he is still somewhat raw and needs polishing by good coaching. His stock has gone up since the draft season picked up in earnest but a lot of that has to do with him being an underclassman from a mediocre ACC team and people weren't focussed on him. Think he has some fighter in him and likes playing football (I don't think Barron had much fight or true love of the game) and can be a bit nasty. Flowers will plow people down run blocking but will be beaten in pass protection on occasion. Good enough to start his first year and will only get better. More importantly, I think he has the desire to get better and doesn't like getting beaten. Think he would make a solid bookend ROT to go with Robinson at LOT.

Totally agree with this. Flowers was one of the guys I looked at before the combine so I expected the hype (same with GRob last year). Ereck's very talented------he was the reason Miami moved Seantril Henderson to RT-----very dedicated and works hard. For me, I think it's between him and Collins as the best combo run/pass blocker this year, but Ereck is much bigger and stronger. Ereck posted 37 reps on the bench even with him having 34" plus arms. Flowers at ORT and Scherff at LG would go a long long way towards our ol problems.

BTW----Henderson went undrafted but started all 16 games for the Bills at LT this season; it was more than his lack of talent at Miami he had suspensions, poor work ethic, and maturity issues as well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
More I watch of Peat the more concerned I get. I'd rather see them take Flowers and line him up at RT from day one. Only question is where will Flowers' spot be in the first round? Late first like I have read? Or maybe late teens at worst? Rams may say screw it and take him at 10 since he's a nice fit, I don't know.

But I do think they are gonna move down in this draft as of right now. Flowers, Collins, maybe even Scherff might be there at 10 and if so they can almost surely move down a bit and scoop another pick before going OT.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
It will be interesting to see how the final "consensus rankings" on O Lineman shake out and then the order that they go in. I seems like a pretty good draft if you have an O Line need - especially interior.

Fwiw, I'd take Flowers before Peat all day - especially in the Rams system.