Andrew Whitworth will go to the Pro Bowl/Aaron Donald will miss it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/09/andrew-whitworth-will-go-to-the-pro-bowl/

Andrew Whitworth will go to the Pro Bowl
Posted by Josh Alper on January 9, 2018

847174554-e1512946516619.jpg

Getty Images

The Rams made several moves to fuel their transformation into division champs in 2017 and one of the biggest was the decision to sign left tackle Andrew Whitworth as a free agent.

The former Bengal started the first 15 games and did strong week in both phases of the offense as the Rams became the highest scoring team in the league. That was enough to earn him the nod as the first team All-Pro left tackle, but it wasn’t enough to get him a selection to the initial NFC Pro Bowl roster.

Whitworth will now be heading to the game, however. He’ll replace Redskins tackle Trent Williams, who ended the season on injured reserve due to a knee injury.

Whitworth is the sixth Rams player selected for the NFC team. It’s his fourth Pro Bowl selection.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ls-named-to-replace-aaron-donald-in-pro-bowl/

Mike Daniels named to replace Aaron Donald in Pro Bowl
Posted by Charean Williams on January 9, 2018

619321590-e1515534711107.jpg

Getty Images

Packers defensive tackle Mike Daniels was named to the Pro Bowl roster Tuesday. He replaces Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald, who the league announced won’t participate because of an injury.

It’s Daniels’ first trip to the Pro Bowl. He was an alternate each of the past three seasons.

Daniels started all 14 games he played this season, making a career-best 72 tackles while finishing third on the team with five sacks. He becomes the Packers’ first defensive lineman to make the Pro Bowl since B.J. Raji in 2011.

Daniels joins Raji, Bob Brown (1972), Henry Jordan (1960-61, 1963, 1966) and Dave Hanner (1953-54) as the only Packers defensive tackles to make the Pro Bowl.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I suspect it's because the Rams and his reps are trying to knock a deal out. No reason to risk injury and scuttle all that.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Oh and congrats to Big Whit. And I hope we can get the big guy a playoff win next year!

TexasRam

Legend
Kind of hard to get any AFC team to agree to let their QB play when they know he will be getting abused by Donald Multiple times.

"Hey dude, no one wants you playing so your sitting out with an injury."

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
As said above.

? Though. Do you need to actually participate in a Pro Bowl for it to get recognized under your Nfl career accomplishments? If its null then no need. Pro Bowl is a skirmish of fun nfc vs afc.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Donald only goes at one speed. It's probably best for the other team he doesn't play. He'd be that guy who shows up to the water volleyball drinking party and destroys the net, breaks some noses and wrecks shit. But he'd be cool about it.
"Sorry bout that man you aight? I was just tryin to win."
mZQr0Nt.jpg

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I might go to this one. The tickets are cheap. My heart wouldn't allow me to go if the game was happening this weekend... but maybe a few weeks from now it will be different.

I'd be perfectly fine if none of our boys played... especially AD and Big W.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I suspect it's because the Rams and his reps are trying to knock a deal out. No reason to risk injury and scuttle all that.
Exactly my thoughts!! Why take a chance on getting injured is such a meaningless game like the Pro Bowl!!