Andrew Whitworth Making Progress In Recovery From Knee Injury

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
39 is just a number. Hell Jessica Alba (for one) is 39. I think she’s got a few good years left.
1607794174365.jpeg

nighttrain

Legend
when i was a young i thot 39 was old, now what i know is that for most people, it's one year away from being a grownup
train

Ewe83

Mama's got a new baby boy
Happy Birthday Big Whit! Get better so can help the team kick ass in the Playoffs

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Whit... if you ever check out this board... Happy Birthday. We are all big fans!

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams Video: Andrew Whitworth Making Progress In Recovery From Knee Injury - Rams Newswire
Rams Video: Andrew Whitworth Making Progress In Recovery From Knee Injury

Jared Goff, Andrew WhitworthKirby Lee-USA TODAY

The Los Angeles Rams are entering their most pivotal stretch of the 2020 NFL season with a chance to lock up the division in the coming weeks.

The Rams were dealt a crushing blow in Week 10 versus the Seattle Seahawks after left tackle Andrew Whitworth went down with a knee injury. The 38-year-old was initially expected to miss six to eight weeks with an MCL and PCL injury although it did not require surgery.

Fortunately, Whitworth has since made some tremendous strides in his recovery. It appears he could be on the cusp of returning sooner than later.

According to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports, Whitworth is ahead of schedule for a looming return:

Andrew Whitworth will test out his knee next week on the field. Just over 3 weeks after injuring his knee versus Seahawks. Depending on how it responds will help gauge his return, which he hopes for before end of regular season if not the playoffs. Way ahead of schedule @NFLonFOX https://t.co/zdnLwcVVyx
— Jay Glazer (@JayGlazer) December 11, 2020

The Rams have also provided some reassurance of Whitworth’s recovery with a clip of the big man showing off some impressive footwork, per the team’s official Twitter:

The prospect of Whitworth making his return in the near future is certainly an encouraging sign for the Rams. His activity in the upcoming weeks should provide much more clarity on when the team expects him to come back.
The fact that Whitworth continues to defy the odds at this point in his career hardly comes as any surprise considering he was in the midst of one of his best seasons before the injury. He has managed to stay busy both on and off the field since being sidelined.

Whitworth was recently named as the team’s nominee for the 2020 Walter Payton Man of the Year Award as well as the nominee for the Salute To Service Award. Aside from all of his recent philanthropic efforts, he is seemingly on the verge of giving back to his fans by returning to the lineup.

Backup tackle Joe Noteboom has done a solid job of filling the void in Whitworth’s absence and should be able to hold out a few more weeks if needed.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
when i was a young i thot 39 was old, now what i know is that for most people, it's one year away from being a grownup
train

IDK, at 52 I hope I'm only 1 yr away from being a grown up. I know my wife hopes I'm closer than that.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
IDK, at 52 I hope I'm only 1 yr away from being a grown up. I know my wife hopes I'm closer than that.

At 56, mine is hoping I stop re-watching Rams games while she sleeps and posting here when she wants "full attention." You'd think by now she'd know better. Off seasons are sooooo loong. I get it while I can

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
IT would be nice if AW came off the IR beginning Tuesday 12/29/20. Just to get him back in his grove before we hit the playoffs. WEEK 17 · Sun 01/03 would be the last regular-season game against the Cards. That game will have a major impact as to what seed the Rams team will be seated when the playoffs begin.

LT Joseph Noteboom should remain to be the starter but @ some point in the Cards game in LA it would have an impact if AW was to take the field for a series of snaps. I would hope that this would begin the beginning of the LT duo where AW & JN will take alternating offensive series.

The desired outcome of this arrangement is:
#1-To continue to get JN playoff gm snaps experience.
#2-To build an early LT duo (JN/AW) operational program that will be planned for 2021 regular season.
#3-To play it safe in keeping AW fully fresh due to advanced age & recent injury concerns.
#4-To preserve AW in order to have him healthy for the entire 2021 season alternating @ LT.
#5-In order to provide Snead/McVay the needed information for the JN UFA status & upcoming contract talks.