Andrew Luck Isn’t Great

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Irish

Starter
Injured/Old Ass Reggie Wayne, Post-Bama Trent Richardson, Old Ass Ahmad Bradshaw, TY Hilton, Coby Fleener.

Kenny Britt/Brian Quick, Mason, Cunningham, Stacy, Tavon Austin, Jared Cook, and not to mention two top 2 overall draft picks on the OL.

One group has talent and a plethora of skill, and the other is the bums that Andrew Luck makes look like pro bowlers.

This argument is absolutely ridiculous. Luck is worth every single bit of hype and every single ounce of respect he gets. Let's not be envious of a #1 overall QB who actually made his team better or, rather, proved to be worth his draft pick. It's not becoming

Athos

Legend
Don't really know what to think of luck. He has elite receivers and plays the easiest schedule in the league every year. He is over rated for sure but still a good QB.

Elite WRs?

TY Hilton is great and all, but I wouldn't say he's elite right now.
Reggie Wayne is 35 and beat to shit, but because he's smart as heck, still ticks but he's nowhere near what he was in his prime.
Nicks is beat to shit and is a shell of his former self.
Allen is a beast, but missed last season, but is coming back along.

Luck is doing quite well is beat up old guys and young guys with a porous at times o-line and a D in the bottom half.

Not sure what you can critique too much about Luck. Dude is the best young QB in the game. His splits are 65% completion, 2700 yards, 22 TDs, 9 INTs, 7.87 YRD/COMP, 124 yards rushing, 2 TDs. His team is averaging 31 points per game. 2nd best behind Denver.

Luck is the one QB I'd take for anything right now.

jdhommert

Rookie
Injured/Old Ass Reggie Wayne, Post-Bama Trent Richardson, Old Ass Ahmad Bradshaw, TY Hilton, Coby Fleener.

Kenny Britt/Brian Quick, Mason, Cunningham, Stacy, Tavon Austin, Jared Cook, and not to mention two top 2 overall draft picks on the OL.

One group has talent and a plethora of skill, and the other is the bums that Andrew Luck makes look like pro bowlers.

This argument is absolutely ridiculous. Luck is worth every single bit of hype and every single ounce of respect he gets. Let's not be envious of a #1 overall QB who actually made his team better or, rather, proved to be worth his draft pick. It's not becoming

I didn't think I'd actually read anyone say that he actually is really, really good.

Most people probably didnt even read the article and are just agreeing and have no real opinion. I'm not attacking anyone but I think this article is ridiculous. I listen to what a ton of talent evaluators/coaches/personal guys have to say and its basically nothing but 100% praise.....but for crying out loud nobody is perfect. Peyton Manning "fails" 30% of the time, I'm sure I could write a similar article on him if I wanted to.

Read the article, basically all the guy did was go back through some games and find 2, maybe 3 plays that weren't the greatest. He's citing throwing incomplete passes and taking a sack to knock him. Knocking him for throwing into double coverage once.....lets mention that and ignore all the times he threaded the needle or made a great play with double coverage or whatever. The guy obviously just searched through games looking for negatives to find. If he can only find about 2 bad plays a game and Luck has had the success and put up the numbers he's had...... Every QB makes mistakes. He's extremely young and still developing. He's not perfect, nobody is. The article is clearly written to get attention.

Off memory- Luck has about 400 more yards than the 2nd guy in the NFL. The 2nd guy has about 325 more than the 12th guy. Luck has as many TD passes as Manning, 600 more yards (with most stats favoring Manning, i'm not trying to say he's better than Manning or the best in the NFL at all) Luck has had a piss poor offensive line, running game and defense almost his entire career so far and he's still been really good. The rest of the team isn't that great. Obviously as they went 2-14 without him and have been a good team since making the playoffs. Obviously they have a weak schedule. He did have a record 9 comebacks last year iirc.

If you are starting a franchise right now you take Luck, zero question.

jdhommert

Rookie

I'd rather have a healthy Sam Bradford.

I've been a Sam supporter but :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Even as prospects the two weren't in the same category. Luck was the highest prospect ever graded by almost everyone.

You can't even begin to think about comparing the actual on field results.

jdhommert

Rookie
Elite WRs?

TY Hilton is great and all, but I wouldn't say he's elite right now.
Reggie Wayne is 35 and beat to crap, but because he's smart as heck, still ticks but he's nowhere near what he was in his prime.
Nicks is beat to crap and is a shell of his former self.
Allen is a beast, but missed last season, but is coming back along.

Luck is doing quite well is beat up old guys and young guys with a porous at times o-line and a D in the bottom half.

Not sure what you can critique too much about Luck. Dude is the best young QB in the game. His splits are 65% completion, 2700 yards, 22 TDs, 9 INTs, 7.87 YRD/COMP, 124 yards rushing, 2 TDs. His team is averaging 31 points per game. 2nd best behind Denver.

Luck is the one QB I'd take for anything right now.
This...

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
There's a simple fact in the OP. Cherry picking for bad plays. Thing is, Manning wasn't all that in his first 4 years either. Aaron Rodgers had a tough 4th year as well.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've been a Sam supporter but :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Even as prospects the two weren't in the same category. Luck was the highest prospect ever graded by almost everyone.

You can't even begin to think about comparing the actual on field results.

I don't care. I'd rather have Sam.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Don't really know what to think of luck. He has elite receivers and plays the easiest schedule in the league every year. He is over rated for sure but still a good QB.

I don't think you can call the Colt's receivers elite.
I think very good applies though.

I really wish the Rams could end up with a QB who's overrated in the same way that Luck is.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Don't really know what the purpose of comparing Bradford and Luck at this juncture serves but to sayu that Luck hasn't paid off for the Colts better than Sam has for us wouldn't do anyones cred a favor , and FWIW, but Lucks skill set IMO is everybit the equal of Sams and his durability is off the charts better.

He doesn't make it look pretty but he is an elite QB IMO and the Colts are fortunate to have him.