And your 2016 Stanley Cup Champions are...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
My beloved Pittsburgh Penguins! Woo hoo!

That trip to the cup was filled with some fantastic games. It is interesting to see how the various teams are constructed and their styles of play vary. In the end the smaller Penguins attack speed and policymaking ability, plus an awesome rechecking game won out over the bigger stronger and more brutish teams like the Capitols, Rangers, and Lightning.

Everyone seemed to be picking San Jose at the start of the finals. I couldn't understand why. I guess it is the jealousy that comes from having guys like Crosby, Malkin and Kessel on the team. There definitely was an anti Penguin vibe throughout the playoffs from Milbury and that other dork. Roddick had the balls to stand up against the Penguin bashing and got canned for it.

The Pens mostly dominated the shots on goal tallies throughout, but great goaltending kept scores close. I forgot just how tough it is to win Lord Stanley's Cup.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
YES!
image.jpeg

This is the start of another special run for me! In 1999/2000 my Yankees won the WS followed by my Rams winning the SB followed by my Lakers winning the NBA Championship followed by my Yankees repeating. Now my Penguins hoist the cup in 2016, you know what's about to follow right!? No not the Yankees...
image.gif

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
YES!
View attachment 14164
This is the start of another special run for me! In 1999/2000 my Yankees won the WS followed by my Rams winning the SB followed by my Lakers winning the NBA Championship followed by my Yankees repeating. Now my Penguins hoist the cup in 2016, you know what's about to follow right!? No not the Yankees...
View attachment 14165

We have exactly all the same favorite pro teams. Yankees, Penguins, Lakers, Rams. I wonder if you look like me, have a wife and three kids and live in a town with same name. By chance, do you root for PSU?

T-REX

Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have exactly all the same favorite pro teams. Yankees, Penguins, Lakers, Rams. I wonder if you look like me, have a wife and three kids and live in a town with same name. By chance, do you root for PSU?

Nittany Lions all the way. Big fan since John Cappelletti. That is amazing. Wife and only two kids though. We've had some good runs with the Yanks and Lakers. The RAMS look like their about to turn the corner this season.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Nittany Lions all the way. Big fan since John Cappelletti. That is amazing. Wife and only two kids though. We've had some good runs with the Yanks and Lakers. The RAMS look like their about to turn the corner this season.

When people ask me who my teams are they usually make a weird face and ask how I came up with that assemblage of teams. Now I don't feel so odd ;). I loved 1996 with the Yankees. I followed them religiously from 1985 through to 96. I watched every pitch of that playoff run. The Lakers teams with Magic and Kareem were on TV more than the others and they were fun to watch. I just sort of adopted them, but I don't follow basketball much anymore. I attended PSU but was always a fan since I was young.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When people ask me who my teams are they usually make a weird face and ask how I came up with that assemblage of teams. Now I don't feel so odd ;). I loved 1996 with the Yankees. I followed them religiously from 1985 through to 96. I watched every pitch of that playoff run. The Lakers teams with Magic and Kareem were on TV more than the others and they were fun to watch. I just sort of adopted them, but I don't follow basketball much anymore. I attended PSU but was always a fan since I was young.
Funny how we end up where we end up.
I love the Bruins and Celtics, obviously the Rams and have seen probably over 100 games in the Bronx. Love the pinstripes.
As for college, though I went to Rutgers, Im a die hard Notre Dame fan.
So basically we are either rooting for the same team or root for each others arch rival.
Gotta love sports....
Congrats on the Pens, I cant say I like them but at least its not the Rangers or Flyers...

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Well, shit. Looks like my Blues have to wait at least another year for a run. Congrats, @Elmgrovegnome and @T-REX for your victory over the Sharks.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Funny how we end up where we end up.
I love the Bruins and Celtics, obviously the Rams and have seen probably over 100 games in the Bronx. Love the pinstripes.
As for college, though I went to Rutgers, Im a die hard Notre Dame fan.
So basically we are either rooting for the same team or root for each others arch rival.
Gotta love sports....
Congrats on the Pens, I cant say I like them but at least its not the Rangers or Flyers...

Many people don't consider PSU and Notre Dame to be rivals. I don't understand that though. Here in PA everyone considers ND as one of the biggest rivals going back to the 70s. Also, Notre Dame is a huge thorn in PSU's side when it comes to recruiting due to the high number of Catholics in the area.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, crap. Looks like my Blues have to wait at least another year for a run. Congrats, @Elmgrovegnome and @T-REX for your victory over the Sharks.

The Pens only have three players to get resigned: Lovejoy, Schmidt being the most important. So, it is looking like a couple of runs at the Cup are in the Pens future. Maybe next time it will be the Pens and the Blues. San Jose has a lot of free agents to sign and several are star players. They will have some roster losses most likely.

What kind of shape are the Blues in for next year?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I am guessing that you have or had some interest in fossils of some sort, or just dinosaurs in general?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Pens only have three players to get resigned: Lovejoy, Schmidt being the most important. So, it is looking like a couple of runs at the Cup are in the Pens future. Maybe next time it will be the Pens and the Blues. San Jose has a lot of free agents to sign and several are star players. They will have some roster losses most likely.

What kind of shape are the Blues in for next year?

Well, Mike Yeo is going to be our future coach in 2017, and we've lost a ton of assistant coaches. We could potentially lose Backes and Brouwer this year, leaving us with precious little at right wing. Shattenkirk might be traded. We do have a first round pick, unlike the last few years (fuck Armstrong for making that Miller trade, by the way). Hopefully we find a guy like Fabbri with that pick.

If we had to trade Shattenkirk, I'd go for Detroit, add Lehtera to sweeten the deal, and get something like this:

Tatar, prospect, Detroit's first round pick.

T-REX

Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am guessing that you have or had some interest in fossils of some sort, or just dinosaurs in general?

Actually I got that nick name in grade school being one of if not the fastest kid in the area at the time. Ran track, played football blew out a knee and that ended that. The funny thing is when I was a kid I was very interested in dinosaurs and wanted to be an archeologist, that didn't pan out either, now I'm just an old fossil.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Many people don't consider PSU and Notre Dame to be rivals. I don't understand that though. Here in PA everyone considers ND as one of the biggest rivals going back to the 70s. Also, Notre Dame is a huge thorn in PSU's side when it comes to recruiting due to the high number of Catholics in the area.
We're old school. Lol

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
My beloved Pittsburgh Penguins! Woo hoo!

That trip to the cup was filled with some fantastic games. It is interesting to see how the various teams are constructed and their styles of play vary. In the end the smaller Penguins attack speed and policymaking ability, plus an awesome rechecking game won out over the bigger stronger and more brutish teams like the Capitols, Rangers, and Lightning.

Everyone seemed to be picking San Jose at the start of the finals. I couldn't understand why. I guess it is the jealousy that comes from having guys like Crosby, Malkin and Kessel on the team. There definitely was an anti Penguin vibe throughout the playoffs from Milbury and that other dork. Roddick had the balls to stand up against the Penguin bashing and got canned for it.

The Pens mostly dominated the shots on goal tallies throughout, but great goaltending kept scores close. I forgot just how tough it is to win Lord Stanley's Cup.
Long-time Pens fan here -- this goes back to the late 70's, when they were still rocking the blue & white uni's and you could show up on gameday and buy a ticket in the upper deck for $4.

Thing about that final series is: I don't remember Sharks goalie Martin Jones making too many spectacular highway-robbery-type saves. What I do remember were plenty of missed opportunities where Jones was flopped out face-down and the Pens STILL put the puck right in his pads.

DenverRam

Starter
Blues were so close this year :(

I used to be a Penguins fan as a kid. Because that mascot was awesome. Penguins definitely the best sports team name :)