And yet another mock. Mocks for everyone. Get your mocks.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/mock-dra ... -nfl-draft

16. St. Louis Rams: Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma
The St. Louis Rams need to add an offensive tackle to bookend with Rodger Saffold. Off a strong week at the Senior Bowl, Oklahoma’s Lane Johnson has pulled away from the pack as the draft class’ No. 3 offensive tackle.

Johnson is a long offensive tackle with tremendous feet, and he has the frame to continue adding bulk and become stronger. He has excelled on both sides of the line at Oklahoma, and does a great job in pass protection of anchoring his opponents and keeping them away from the quarterback.

22. St. Louis Rams: Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame (Jr.)
The Rams offense made positive strides this season, but should still be looking to add more weapons for quarterback Sam Bradford. While tight end is not truly a position of need for the Rams, Notre Dame’s Tyler Eifert could give Bradford a go-to downfield receiving weapon in the middle of the field.

Eifert’s combination of size, athleticism and ball skills fit the modern “basketball player” prototype of tight ends that is all the rage in today’s NFL. In addition to giving the Rams a big downfield receiving threat, he is also a solid blocker who could contribute to the team’s run-blocking efforts.

46. St. Louis Rams: Matt Elam, SS, Florida (Jr.)
After overhauling at cornerback last offseason, the Rams need to do the same at safety this offseason.

Florida’s Matt Elam is a hard-hitting, athletic safety who can be a much-needed playmaker both in coverage and in the box in the back end of the Rams’ defense. He would be an upgrade over either Quintin Mikell or Craig Dahl at safety.

78. St. Louis Rams: Kyle Long, OL, Oregon
Kyle Long is the brother of Rams defensive end Chris Long, and is a high-upside offensive line prospect who could challenge to start or provide depth at both guard and tackle.

nighttrain

Legend
Re: And yet another mock. Mocks for everyone. Get your moc

wouldnt surprise me if we took two safeties 1st round. Early anyway
train

lasvegasrams

Rookie

if we can get those four i will be a happy happy man.. but i dont think elam will fall that far..

bluecoconuts

Legend

Pretty solid. Although given that Fisher usually doesn't go O-line in the first round, I think it's more likely he gets someone like Vacaroo at 16. Which makes Elam at 46 not needed. Since this mock has Keenan Allen at 51, I'd pick him up there. Then we'd get a solid WR, TE, S, and OL in the first three rounds.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bluecoconuts said:
Pretty solid. Although given that Fisher usually doesn't go O-line in the first round, I think it's more likely he gets someone like Vacaroo at 16. Which makes Elam at 46 not needed. Since this mock has Keenan Allen at 51, I'd pick him up there. Then we'd get a solid WR, TE, S, and OL in the first three rounds.
I'm willing to bet that every mock on the Rams by outside sources, and every mock on the Rams by fans on this forum, are all going to be wrong. Chances are good that Snead already has guys lined up in the 4th-7th rounds that could be every bit as good as guys that are projected to go in the 1st-3rd. I trust that dude's eye for talent now. I didn't know what to think when he first got hired. He was all shy, nervous, and relatively inexperienced. But after this draft? Shoot. I'll just sit back and watch the talent pile up.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

X said:
I'm willing to bet that every mock on the Rams by outside sources, and every mock on the Rams by fans on this forum, are all going to be wrong. Chances are good that Snead already has guys lined up in the 4th-7th rounds that could be every bit as good as guys that are projected to go in the 1st-3rd. I trust that dude's eye for talent now. I didn't know what to think when he first got hired. He was all shy, nervous, and relatively inexperienced. But after this draft? Shoot. I'll just sit back and watch the talent pile up.

No way. :sly:

bluecoconuts

Legend

X said:
bluecoconuts said:

Probably, I don't think anyone will get it right. Especially with trades.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I actually like this mock. Not loving the Eifert pick. But the rest are all quite fine with me.

…..

Legend

jrry32 said:
I actually like this mock. Not loving the Eifert pick. But the rest are all quite fine with me.

agreed....Rams need to add playmakers, but picken a TE @ #22 to supplant an already under used and effective weapon is not what I'd consider the "smart thing" to do.

Knedricks had a fine year last year. The best for a Ram TE in quite some time. His influence on the offense has not been as electrifying as we had hoped, perhaps slowed somewhat by Spagnulo, but he and Bradford are learning together and I expect bigger things next year and years to come.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

The Dog said:
jrry32 said:

agreed....Rams need to add playmakers, but picken a TE @ #22 to supplant an already under used and effective weapon is not what I'd consider the "smart thing" to do.

Knedricks had a fine year last year. The best for a Ram TE in quite some time. His influence on the offense has not been as electrifying as we had hoped, perhaps slowed somewhat by Spagnulo, but he and Bradford are learning together and I expect bigger things next year and years to come.
I think Kendricks will get better as well. His stunted development, IMO, can be directly tied to having no off-season and being thrust into an offense that's known for being pretty complicated to get. And by all accounts, nobody was really *eased* into it. And there's MUCH that a TE/HB has to do in that offense too. Rob Boras has done a good job getting his confidence back up after last year.

My lobbying for Eifert (or any other very good pass-catching TE) is tied to the hopes that we employ the now en vogue 2-TE set with two very good TE's. Between the seams is an area that we didn't use enough of in the passing game, so I'd like to see that explode open with two good targets for Bradford to see. We used it a bit, but it was with Harkey, Mulligan and McNeil. Good guys, solid players, but nothing to be afraid of. Plodders, really. I just think that the key to opening up the offense might not be on the perimeters. If we can open up another dimension to the passing game, it might actually lessen the pressure on the outsides and our receivers (as they are) will benefit.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

X said:
The Dog said:
jrry32 said:

I think Kendricks will get better as well. His stunted development, IMO, can be directly tied to having no off-season and being thrust into an offense that's known for being pretty complicated to get. And by all accounts, nobody was really *eased* into it. And there's MUCH that a TE/HB has to do in that offense too. Rob Boras has done a good job getting his confidence back up after last year.

My lobbying for Eifert (or any other very good pass-catching TE) is tied to the hopes that we employ the now en vogue 2-TE set with two very good TE's. Between the seams is an area that we didn't use enough of in the passing game, so I'd like to see that explode open with two good targets for Bradford to see. We used it a bit, but it was with Harkey, Mulligan and McNeil. Good guys, solid players, but nothing to be afraid of. Plodders, really. I just think that the key to opening up the offense might not be on the perimeters. If we can open up another dimension to the passing game, it might actually lessen the pressure on the outsides and our receivers (as they are) will benefit.

I'm all for that but the reason I don't like the pick is that I think it's a mistake(that's the nicest way I can put it) to take a TE at #22 that can't block. That might be an overstatement to a degree. Eifert can block...he just doesn't do it effectively.

If we want to go TE in Round 1, has to be Ertz imo. Can block inline and has the athleticism to be a major factor as a receiver.

If we want a flex TE receiving threat like what Eifert offers...Jordan Reed and Gavin Escobar will be available in Rounds 3 or 4. Both are athletic, both are tough to match-up on as receivers and both catch the ball well. Better value than spending a 1st on a guy who is 1-dimensional. Just my opinion, though.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

jrry32 said:
X said:
The Dog said:
jrry32 said:

I'm all for that but the reason I don't like the pick is that I think it's a mistake(that's the nicest way I can put it) to take a TE at #22 that can't block. That might be an overstatement to a degree. Eifert can block...he just doesn't do it effectively.

If we want to go TE in Round 1, has to be Ertz imo. Can block inline and has the athleticism to be a major factor as a receiver.

If we want a flex TE receiving threat like what Eifert offers...Jordan Reed and Gavin Escobar will be available in Rounds 3 or 4. Both are athletic, both are tough to match-up on as receivers and both catch the ball well. Better value than spending a 1st on a guy who is 1-dimensional. Just my opinion, though.
That's cool. And (the nicest way you can put it) is the only way we do things around here. :ww:

I heard Eifert's blocking really came along, and that he's not necessarily a liability in that regard. If it's a *problem*, then you can always leave the RB in to chip as he releases, or motion him to get him blocking in space. Do you feel his problem is against bull-rushes, or is a technique thing? One can be learned, the other has to be earned in the weight-room. See, I don't really look at these guys as finished products. I just want the best college athlete at his particular position, who can also improve once he gets into the program. Not "rare athletes" like Onobun or anything. Just guys who are great football players. That's the most important thing to me. Gotta love the game, gotta rise to the occasion, and gotta be a playmaker.

Guys that are projected high in the draft already have that clear separation. They're already that much better (allegedly). If you see guys that are projected lower, but have a higher ceiling or the potential to be much better at one aspect of their game, then I can understand that. It's played out exactly like that before. Jermaine Gresham goes in the first, and Jimmy Graham goes in the third. If it played out that I wanted Gresham, but the Rams took Graham instead, then I certainly didn't lose anything.

I suppose it's all about who fits your team vision better. I'm also looking for immediate producers.