And so the B Schott rumors begin

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
4392b68d814d4a8aabaf0ba.png

e8EWZ.png

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Success (in any arena) is largely dependent upon being at the right place at the right time. Jacksonville is not the right place, and their Franchise is not coming along at the right time. If Schotty were to compare that situation to this one, this one OBVIOUSLY has the makings of being a more successful endeavor for him.

He won't be the Head Coach here, and that's what most Coordinators strive to be, but he also won't be trying to make something out of nothing. If he can remain the OC here for a couple more years, then better opportunities might open up later on down the road. The thing that intrigues me the most, though, is how do Shurmur and Schottenheimer get Head Coaching offers after having offenses that rank in the bottom third of the league? Just the nature of the business I guess. If your HC ain't getting it done, then it must be the HC. Never mind what else is going on, just keep plugging guys in until you find *the one*.

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
I wonder if the Rams and Fisher asked Schefter to put this out there in order to make coaching and coming to the Rams more attractive. Told them they'd throw him a bone around draft time or something. Fish has been talking about him possibly getting a HC offer all year. Maybe they and Snead knew all year from the GM grapevine that he was always a candidate and that Mularkey was out at years end. That's why they've been mentioning it. Maybe Kahn has lost his fucking mind like the Browns. Maybe my dogs farts smell so bad because he broke into a half a bag of popcorn last night. You never know really.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54[/youtube]

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
X said:
Success (in any arena) is largely dependent upon being at the right place at the right time. Jacksonville is not the right place, and their Franchise is not coming along at the right time. If Schotty were to compare that situation to this one, this one OBVIOUSLY has the makings of being a more successful endeavor for him.

He won't be the Head Coach here, and that's what most Coordinators strive to be, but he also won't be trying to make something out of nothing. If he can remain the OC here for a couple more years, then better opportunities might open up later on down the road. The thing that intrigues me the most, though, is how do Shurmur and Schottenheimer get Head Coaching offers after having offenses that rank in the bottom third of the league? Just the nature of the business I guess. If your HC ain't getting it done, then it must be the HC. Never mind what else is going on, just keep plugging guys in until you find *the one*.

Sounds exactly like when Shurmur left the RAMS for the Cleveland HC position, and look where that left him. IMO Shotty has not proven that he can be, or is ready to be a head coach. He came from a dismal situation in New York to a better situation in St. Louis. Too many times the owners and GMs think that coordinators, who have had some limited success, will instantly produce magic being a head coach. There are so many factors that need to be looked at before making a decision such as this. I would really be pissed if he left for a shit of a franchise just to be the head coach, and the offense has to go through their fourth coordinator/offensive system in as many years. We need to keep him for at least the next 2-3 years to develop consistancy. Plus as this team brings in more talent, we will be legitimate SB contenders. Like most things good, it takes time. After a couple more years, then he can make the jump to the next position of being a HC, and we will have someone to promote, from within, to be our coordinator.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
MontanaRamsFan said:
X said:

Sounds exactly like when Shurmur left the RAMS for the Cleveland HC position, and look where that left him. IMO Shotty has not proven that he can be, or is ready to be a head coach. He came from a dismal situation in New York to a better situation in St. Louis. Too many times the owners and GMs think that coordinators, who have had some limited success, will instantly produce magic being a head coach. There are so many factors that need to be looked at before making a decision such as this. I would really be pissed if he left for a shyte of a franchise just to be the head coach, and the offense has to go through their fourth coordinator/offensive system in as many years. We need to keep him for at least the next 2-3 years to develop consistancy. Plus as this team brings in more talent, we will be legitimate SB contenders. Like most things good, it takes time. After a couple more years, then he can make the jump to the next position of being a HC, and we will have someone to promote, from within, to be our coordinator.

I concur.

Schotty will leave some day for the right situation... But JAX ain't it.

I think he sees the opportunity to build his resume in STL for a more attractive situation later of his choosing.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Oh...

And...

For the love of god I hope we're right!

Bradford cannot lose his 3rd in 3.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
This is getting ridiculous now. Why can't we keep an offensive Coordinator for more than a season? If Schottenheimer actually leaves this is a terrible scenario for Bradford.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
We just have to (I guess) rely on Fisher's statement that Schottenheimer's not going anywhere. If he does, though, then my best guess would be that Cignetti would step in and take over where Brian left off. That would keep the playbook in tact, but the only uncertainty would be his ability to call plays and/or adjust his scheme throughout the course of a game.

smram

Rookie
Name
Steve
Fisher is on record stating that the system will not change regardless of the coordinator. If Schotty leaves I would bet they make a strong push for Norv Turner. Pretty much same language and offense, just slightly different approach. As X mentioned I'm sure Cignetti could also step in.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
smram said:
Fisher is on record stating that the system will not change regardless of the coordinator. If Schotty leaves I would bet they make a strong push for Norv Turner. Pretty much same language and offense, just slightly different approach. As X mentioned I'm sure Cignetti could also step in.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
brokeu91 said:
According to Ian Rapoport on NFL.com Schottenheimer will interview for the Jaguars head-coaching position. Here is a link to the article on NFL.com:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... ttenheimer
All that said was that they asked for permission to talk to Brian.

Fisher: "Yeah, no."

I know, there's nothing that can be done once the season is over. He can interview with anyone he wants then. All I know is, it'll be almost comical if they lose Schott to the Jaguars and Bradford has to go through his 4th offense in as many years. Stupid. Negligent. Ridiculous. And comical.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
brokeu91 said:
According to Ian Rapoport on NFL.com Schottenheimer will interview for the Jaguars head-coaching position. Here is a link to the article on NFL.com:

I know, there's nothing that can be done once the season is over. He can interview with anyone he wants then. All I know is, it'll be almost comical if they lose Schott to the Jaguars and Bradford has to go through his 4th offense in as many years. Stupid. Negligent. Ridiculous. And comical.
Yeah there's really no other way to put it. It's just ridiculous now. I can't believe that this would happen for fourth year in a row.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
CGI_Ram said:
brokeu91 said:

The interview is good practice.

The Jaguars are a bad decision. I will be surprised if Schott considers that job. Wait... SHOCKED, not surprised.
Well, he wanted it last year. I don't know how the situation has improved since then either.

Did he sign a one-year deal with us or something? And if so ... why?

Username

Has a Well-Known Member
X said:
brokeu91 said:

I doubt the Rams would hold him back from interviewing for a HC job. I remember hearing Schotty say that the rumors for a HC job were flattering, but he's comfortable wheres hes at with "the best coach in the national football league." Even if he interviews. Who knows. I have no clue what to think about all this. It would be absolute bullshit. I still don't understand how the system won't change. Maybe not the terminology to a certain extent, but I still have no clue as to what Fisher is talking about in that regard.

lasvegasrams

Rookie
I dont see why teams would want schotty as a hc. With a new owner...i think jax would try and get he highest profile coach as they can get

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
OK - So if Shotty becomes the HC of the Jags... How many will say they wish Stan had stepped aside and let Kahn buy the Rams? Anyone?