And Now We Beat A Dead Horse

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Occasionally when a subject that has been beaten to death drops from view I like to dredge it back up.
Tonight: Manti Te'o

When Chargers rookie linebacker Manti Te'o sprained his foot about a month ago, it was thought the injury would keep him out for only a week or so. At least that's what the team said at the time.

Instead, Te'o hasn't been practicing, and on Saturday, the Chargers announced that Te'o would miss Monday's season opener vs. the Texans.

Te'o hasn't practiced since he was hurt in the team's first preseason game Aug. 8, and he's mostly been seen by reporters using crutches and wearing a walking boot.

Bront Bird is expected to start in place of Te'o.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23528426/manti-teo-wont-play-in-chargers-season-opener" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-foo ... son-opener</a>

Bird led the team with 14 tackles 10 unassisted

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Maybe a certain Domer fan can chime in here.

I know sprains can take a long time to heal up properly so maybe he is truly injured. I just always had a Matt Leinart kind of feeling about him. Lot more hype than pro level talent.

jjab360

Legend
He never really impressed me that much in college. Had a great defensive line in front of him and basically just came in and cleaned up the trash. Got embarrased when they finally played an offensive line in Alabama that could match up with their D-line and he actually had to get around blockers to make a play.

Also, didn't see the big deal with the ints, most of them were terrible passes or tipped passes that fell in the right direction, not a LB diagnosing the play and outsmarting the QB or showing closing speed by jumping a route. I laughed every time he was mentioned as a Heisman candidate.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Maybe his girlfriend is being too rough with him at night and he keeps having setbacks.

Oh wait we said ankle, not wrist right?

jjab360

Legend
bluecoconuts said:
Maybe his girlfriend is being too rough with him at night and he keeps having setbacks.

Oh wait we said ankle, not wrist right?
:notworthy: :lol: