Anchrum to the Seahawks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
Best of luck to him. He had so versatility .. we have to replace that depth. I know the Rams like him and he was given a chance to start but got injured

TexasRam

Legend
Had plenty of time to develop and then when given a chance didn't perform at high level neccesary to become a starter or game day dude.

Some take more time then others, so best of luck - after the Seattle stop of course.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Kind of feel like Anchrum never played. And, I mean Almost Never.

According to Pro Football Reference, in his 1st three seasons, Anchrum played 5 snaps. Not Games ... Snaps!

When Anchrum finally got a chance to start, he suffered a season ending-injury on the first play of the game. McVay commented that he remained in the game for another play because he so hated to come-out.

Last year, Anchrum was game-day active but rarely saw the field. Seemed like he was well thought of, as Anchrum was the Rams' nominee for Man-of-the-Year in that disaster season of 2022.

However, I think his biggest football accomplishment might be getting his own thread!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Let’s see where Hopkins ends up.What a disaster draft!!!

WTF ? Alaric Jackson is the only player to at least get draft picks,besides Akers & Jefferson.

Also besides all that it is why it is a good year for AD99 to retire & The Rams reload with FA players.

1. They have more cap space & didn’t any of their own draft picks from 2020.
2. They don’t have to worry about Comp Picks ,because there not losing any BIG NAMES besides AD99.
3.AD99’s retirement makes it easier keep moving players positions before the Draft,setting up to the depth of the draft.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Let’s see where Hopkins ends up.What a disaster draft!!!

WTF ? Alaric Jackson is the only player to at least get draft picks,besides Akers & Jefferson.

Also besides all that it is why it is a good year for AD99 to retire & The Rams reload with FA players.

1. They have more cap space & didn’t any of their own draft picks from 2020.
2. They don’t have to worry about Comp Picks ,because there not losing any BIG NAMES besides AD99.
3.AD99’s retirement makes it easier keep moving players positions before the Draft,setting up to the depth of the draft.
I would call it an unsuccessful draft. Disaster would indicate it set us back.

We got some production out of Akers (2020 and 2022) and VJ (2021). Ironically, Akers helped us the most when he came back for the postseason in 2021. Jordan Fuller came out of that draft too. And Hopkins made some huge first downs in SB56. But yeah, unsuccessful, lousy, terrible would describe it best. Won the SB the following year so how disastrous could it have been?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I would call it an unsuccessful draft. Disaster would indicate it set us back.

We got some production out of Akers (2020 and 2022) and VJ (2021). Ironically, Akers helped us the most when he came back for the postseason in 2021. Jordan Fuller came out of that draft too. And Hopkins made some huge first downs in SB56. But yeah, unsuccessful, lousy, terrible would describe it best. Won the SB the following year so how disastrous could it have been?
It was the best draft capital under Sean Mcvay that he has had until this coming 2024 Draft.

You’re right,but it did set The Rams back in 2022. At least it gives The Rams a chance to reload without worry about not getting a Comp Pick for a Ram Free Agent.They can sign as many as they want without it costing anything,but Cap ($$$) space.

IMO Les Snead has went FULL NERD MOOD.His drafting system is unique & no NFL team does like him.I’m excited for it.

The 2020 Draft Snead had COVID which he was looked down in his garage.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Anchrum played all of 96 snaps last season (at RG). He wasn't good in any of them. Unfortunately, he signed with a POS franchise, so he's dead to me and I can't hope he performs well.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
It was the best draft capital under Sean Mcvay that he has had until this coming 2024 Draft.

You’re right,but it did set The Rams back in 2022. At least it gives The Rams a chance to reload without worry about not getting a Comp Pick for a Ram Free Agent.They can sign as many as they want without it costing anything,but Cap ($$$) space.

IMO Les Snead has went FULL NERD MOOD.His drafting system is unique & no NFL team does like him.I’m excited for it.

The 2020 Draft Snead had COVID which he was looked down in his garage.
The 2020 draft set us back in 2022? How? Massive injuries to the OL set us back in 2022. It had nothing to do with draft picks. We would have needed 15 OL on the 53 for it to not set us back. I can only imagine the reaction had we drafted 6 OL in 2020!! We've had stellar drafts like 2017 and 2023, we've had decent drafts and we've had disappointing drafts. But we win despite all that. The only 2 times we missed the postseason it was because of massive injuries concentrated on the OL.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Kromes was rather sweet on him, so his departure probably hurt his chances. Either way though this isn't a big loss for us, and all the best to Anchrum even if he does have shitty taste in his next team.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
The 2020 draft set us back in 2022? How? Massive injuries to the OL set us back in 2022. It had nothing to do with draft picks. We would have needed 15 OL on the 53 for it to not set us back. I can only imagine the reaction had we drafted 6 OL in 2020!! We've had stellar drafts like 2017 and 2023, we've had decent drafts and we've had disappointing drafts. But we win despite all that. The only 2 times we missed the postseason it was because of massive injuries concentrated on the OL.
Yeah - and Sean Mcvay almost F’d it up last season as well. You think if The Rams were winning in 2022 that those Rams starters would have sat. AD99,Stafford,Kupp as examples ?

Anchrum was a 7th rd draft pick that did JACK on the Grass.He good doing whatever he did off the field.

Zach Thomas playing LT was a JOKE.I heard Jake talking about Dotson. Just wondering why Wendell did figure out how good he was until The Rams plugged & played him.

I call BS on 2022 season,because the depth going into the season was a JOKE!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
Yeah - and Sean Mcvay almost F’d it up last season as well. You think if The Rams were winning in 2022 that those Rams starters would have sat. AD99,Stafford,Kupp as examples ?

Anchrum was a 7th rd draft pick that did JACK on the Grass.He good doing whatever he did off the field.

Zach Thomas playing LT was a JOKE.I heard Jake talking about Dotson. Just wondering why Wendell did figure out how good he was until The Rams plugged & played him.

I call BS on 2022 season,because the depth going into the season was a JOKE!
Depth as in 15 OL on the 53 man roster? Yup, you're right. It was the depth not the injuries. They only kept 9 OL on the original 53!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ttt
Kind of feel like Anchrum never played. And, I mean Almost Never.

According to Pro Football Reference, in his 1st three seasons, Anchrum played 5 snaps. Not Games ... Snaps!

When Anchrum finally got a chance to start, he suffered a season ending-injury on the first play of the game. McVay commented that he remained in the game for another play because he so hated to come-out.

Last year, Anchrum was game-day active but rarely saw the field. Seemed like he was well thought of, as Anchrum was the Rams' nominee for Man-of-the-Year in that disaster season of 2022.

However, I think his biggest football accomplishment might be getting his own
SAVAGE!

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
Goodbye GIF

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Depth as in 15 OL on the 53 man roster? Yup, you're right. It was the depth not the injuries. They only kept 9 OL on the original 53!!
Well look at who The Rams had on there O’Line & look at them NOW!!

You can’t go into a season like that.Lesseon learned !!! HS football teams do the same thing.You send them up against big & better players then you find out why they get hurt.

I like Joesph Noteboom(hated Brian Allen) & you ask the question around this board on there thoughts of him.

The SAD thing was BOBBY EVANS was healthy,but found away to stay on the bench after getting Kupp & Stafford hurt.

Repeat almost happed with Zach Thomas playing LT.Would have been easy to switch him & Noteboom.That’s another reason you will see STRETCH help in game Days!!

Blame the injuries all you want.When you think Bobby Evan’s (Anchrum) can be your starting Guard your in trouble.

I give Noteboom credit for continuing to work on his craft.He was not a liability playing guard.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
I was always curious what Anchrum would show if given a shot. When he finally got his chance here he got hurt. Maybe now we'll fund out. Best of luck to him.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I was always curious what Anchrum would show if given a shot. When he finally got his chance here he got hurt. Maybe now we'll fund out. Best of luck to him.
Yes his fund will end after this season. He NEVER showed nothing.Lucky to still be in The NFL.
Just shows how bad the HAGS will be,& maybe it’s just to get insider INFO ? I hope he makes there squad,it will just show how WEAK there team is! Yeah - good luck