ANATOMY OF A PLAY: COPYCAT CALL PAYS OFF FOR CHRIS GIVENS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Written by Tim Shields
http://www.ramsherd.com/2012-articles/s ... ivens.html

nhGQt.jpg

Situation: 1st and 10 from the 50, 12:35 left in the 1st Quarter, tied at 0
Personnel: 21
Play: I Right Fake Press LT Boot Right 78
Defense: 4-3, Cover-2 Zone

The NFL is a copycat league. In both the long term and the short term, teams are always looking at other teams and trying to find out how they are winning. Without a doubt, the most copied team in this league over the last decade has been the New England Patriots. However, today we’ll look at how the Rams took a page out of the Seahawks playbook to burn the Patriots.

Two weeks ago, while trailing by 6 with 1:27 left to play in the game, Seahawks rookie quarterback, Russell Wilson dialed up a 47-yard bomb to Sidney Rice for a game-winning touchdown.

Flash forward to 2 minutes and 25 seconds into the Rams / Patriots match up. The Rams have the ball nearly at the same spot on the field as the Seahawks had the ball, and run virtually the same play to get an early lead on the Patriots.

Entire Breakdown here --
http://www.ramsherd.com/2012-articles/s ... ivens.html

Re: ANATOMY OF A PLAY: COPYCAT CALL PAYS OFF FOR CHRIS GIVEN

That was a nice play. Too bad they didn't copy about 7 more TD's plays from elsewhere.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ShotgunShells said:
That was a nice play. Too bad they didn't copy about 7 more TD's plays from elsewhere.
lol. I know, right?

So is this about where you thought the Rams would be at the halfway point, before the season started?
I think our expectations got raised with the quick start and good showing at 3-2, but evidently that was a delicate mirage based on having everyone healthy and playing against subpar defenses & opposing QBs.

I think they are close to where I thought they would be. After looking at their schedule early on I dreaded this 4 week stretch with this being week 3. This is a young and hungry team and I am looking forward to the next few years of football instead of dreading it like the past few years. I actually see progress instead of making myself believe they were progressing in the past.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame

I think we can all sleep better this year, we do seem to be heading in the right direction, and I do believe that if we'd have had Danny A at Miami we would have won that one - I never expected us to turn over the Packers or Patriots (this year) - altho i think if we could have turned over Detroit, we would be in a very different place right now - winning breeds winning!