Anarchy in Arizona

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Iron Lion

Starter
Yes, anarchy in Arizona, in the literal sense of the term. There is no leader.

I have been perusing their fan forums and after seeing all the funny comments of everyone throwing Kolb under the Play60 bus, I thought I'd share some highlights with you all, because let's face it, there's nothing juicier than the calamity of a divisional opponent. Right?

Direct quotes:

"I would take a large pizza over Kolb."

"this is like comparing who is the deadest after the were run over a train at the same time"

"We're on pace to have anothe QB battle decided by who sucks less."

"Earth to Kolb, come in Kolb: Until you can stay on the field, your toughness will be questioned. Earth out."

"Like I said... Throw dobermans a steak. See how many get to it."

"this is the fat of the hogs butt,,both will play and it really dont matter who starts 1st,or second or 3rd..we will see them all this year,,,bank it"

"Speaking of Madden, I just played the Demo on my PS3, it was ok. Can't wait to make Skelton my starter when the game comes out. Lol."

"Kevin Kolb- the trade set us back 25 years because risk/reward corners don't come around every year and we only get ONE second round pick EVERY year so we might as well phone in the draft from here out."

"If I Had an offensive line as bad as this one to protect me .. I would be scared too."

"From bad to worse"

"I'm not sold on skelton. He is our starter now and a lot of people are excited.
He looks better then kolb but it's kinda like dating a real ugly girl for a while and then thinking you got a supermodel when an average looking girl is interested in you."

"do i think [Skelton] is our best choice this year?? yeah ..kinda..but not a very good pool to snatch a fish from..."

"If we were to cut Kolb this year, do we save any $ on next years cap?"

When it was suggested the Cardinals make a trade to replace their injured LT:

"Like making a deal with Philly?"

"Kolb is not worth a second string LT."

"I put 100% of the blame on the organization for this.

What do you think is going to happen when you continually ignore the offensive line with your 1st 3 round picks.

You had guys like like Riley Reiff and David DeCastro looking you right in the face, and you pass on both for a WR.

Hell, you could have likely traded down, and still gotten one of those two guys and picked up another(better) draft pick ESPECIALLY since we didn't have a 2nd round pick."

"Anyone have any ideas of FAs or potential free agents we can sign? I also would like to point out that we neglected the major cowboys slip up, where they released Bill Nagy, which would have helped this OL."

"offensive line certainly did better as the game went along.

They did better against Oakland's second unit and a lot better against their third unit. . . . . ."

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
Man, who knew one could get so much pleasure out of someone else's discomfort... :twisted:

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I just watched that Raider/Cards game on NFL network and let me tell you what....that OL is a collection of turnstiles. Kolb is not the answer, and I said as much when the Cards gave up the farm for him. At the same time, he has possibly the WORST OL in the NFL in front of him. Seriously, they make our guys look like the Cowgirls line of the mid 90s. Now Levi Brown is inured too, sooooo. Luckily for them, Skelton is a big guy who gets the ball out pretty quickly. It seriously looked like Kolb was too short to even see over the protection. I would be stunned if we do not at LEAST split with this team this season. Seattle on the other hand.....yikes that defense looks scary.

Iron Lion

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
No I don't think the Cardinals' O-line is as bad as Kolb makes them look. A QB is supposed to step up into the pocket to avoid the DEs. Instead, Kolb attempts to escape the pocket for apparently no reason and winds up running right into a DE. The offensive tackles think they're blocking the DE away from the play, but instead they're blocking the DEs right into the QB.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Iron Lion said:
No I don't think the Cardinals' O-line is as bad as Kolb makes them look. A QB is supposed to step up into the pocket to avoid the DEs. Instead, Kolb attempts to escape the pocket for apparently no reason and winds up running right into a DE. The offensive tackles think they're blocking the DE away from the play, but instead they're blocking the DEs right into the QB.

You didn't watch the Raider game then. They actually commented that it looked like he was trying TOO HARD to stay in the pocket and it was costing him. I counted on at least one of his sacks and he had less that 2.5 secs to get the ball out, with the pocket completely collapsing around and in front of him. The DEs had push up the middle as much as the DEs had pressure from the outside. That OL looked horrible....period. Don't get me wrong though, Kolb sux too.....

Iron Lion

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I absolutely watched the Raider game. I believe it was his last play there was a 6- or 7-man blitz, and Kolb was hanging in the pocket oblivious to it, not getting rid of the ball. It's preseason, the Raiders showed blitz and brought the house. There wasn't any trickery. As Jaws would say, "Shit, you've got to get rid of that ball."

On the safety, it happened exactly like Mike Lombardi described Kolb in the past. "When Kolb sees color, he runs to his right." There was a stunt, the DE was coming up the middle and flashed in front of Kolb's face. The DE was picked up by an OL but before that happened, Kolb ran to his right and, lo and behold, he ran right into the DT who the OL thought was being blocked out of the play.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
They should've drafted Reiff or DeCastro, or traded down for Martin. I think Floyd will be a good receiver, but they clearly needed O-line help. They didn't need a wide receiver.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rrrrraaaaiiiduhs brought a 4 man rush almost exclusively when they got to Kolb. The announcers commented on that as well. I think we can agree that the OL is NOT a strong point of that team. I think we can also agree that Kolb has been a colossal failure for what they gave up for him.......

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
They have continually ignored the OL for years now. You could say that they have gone the BPA route in the draft a lot, and not using high draft picks on OL simply because its a need, but you cant just keep ignoring it.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
JdashSTL said:
They have continually ignored the OL for years now. You could say that they have gone the BPA route in the draft a lot, and not using high draft picks on OL simply because its a need, but you cant just keep ignoring it.
I agree. I'm not saying our O line will be head and shoulders above theirs, but at least we tried to correct it. For them, they reaped what they sowed.

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hope you all are watching this AZ/Tenn game. Oh, and Iron Lion, you seeing those FOUR MAN fronts PUMMELING the AZ line? Gonna blame Skelton for that now? :mrgreen: Unless they are sandbagging and trying to get their QB of the week killed, the Cards OL is beyond horrible....

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Iron Lion said:
I'll check it out when NFLN puts it on

It is on ESPN here in MD.....

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Seriously....the Cards OL are going to get someone killed. This is pathetic....

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I'll say this about them: they aren't short of playmakers. That Powell kid is seriously starting to impress me.