Analysis of every draft pick by Snead/McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

btfd16

Rookie
Who are all these guys? I'm still waiting for Rokevious Watkins to plug into a starting role.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
The 2019 draft was not good. Snead cannot have a draft like that here.

This strategy brings in difference makers in trade so what you need to do is hit on starters. Cheap starters who are not liabilities.

Also the Rams are more astute at some groups than others too. Their grasp on DBs is outstanding. OL not so much though they hit on Edwards.

They may be onto something here. But to pull that off we need a 2020 draft here.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Justin Lawler played his rookie season of 2018 and was IR'd both in 2019 and 2020. He should probably be a 'C' and not an 'F'. If he returns healthy for 2021 he'll likely be cheap competition to help fill in for losing Fox to free agency.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The 2019 draft was not good. Snead cannot have a draft like that here.

This strategy brings in difference makers in trade so what you need to do is hit on starters. Cheap starters who are not liabilities.

Also the Rams are more astute at some groups than others too. Their grasp on DBs is outstanding. OL not so much though they hit on Edwards.

They may be onto something here. But to pull that off we need a 2020 draft here.

How do you figure that it wasn't good? I think it was a great draft.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Demby has started games as well and been inactive and his reviews on game tape are not too different from Allen yet he gets an F. I get what you're trying to do I just think the grading system needs to be tweaked.

Everett has largely been to most a disappointment but is a B similar to Reynolds who has seen even fewer snaps and less production.

I'm not trying to be critical of you but when I think of a B graded draft pick I think of something a little more than what we've seen from those two guys. I appreciate the effort just would grade a little diffrent.

Sure, no worries.

I also capped it at "starting player" - didn't say how good they'd be. Reason I did that is because we've had four straight winning seasons.

Once you get enough high end talent in the NFL, you only need to be able to hit on "role players", which has been the situation we're in for the past few years.

We dipped a little, probably from the poor 2018 draft, but this past draft looks to be a great one with Akers leading the way.

The overall point I was trying to make is that the Rams have probably had league average draft hauls over the past four years - which is actually amazing because we haven't had a first round pick.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How do you figure that it wasn't good? I think it was a great draft.
Damn. Meant to say 2018 draft. Long on shitters and short on solid starters. Not a fan of that haul.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn. Meant to say 2018 draft. Long on shitters and short on solid starters. Not a fan of that haul.

Lol that's what I thought. Yea I agree - I think SJD is a beast though, which gives it some redeeming quality that after the first two years wasn't there.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
SJD is a good nose yeah. He tends to struggle vs the 9ers though which drives me batshit.

I'm really tired of us losing in the trenches to those fuckers.

TexasRam

Legend
I don't know if this is all inclusive, and your point is about current players, but Snead joined the Rams in 2012.

Among current; Donald, Hekker, McQuaide

Pro Bowls
Hekker 12, 15, 16, 17
Gurley 15, 17, 18
McQuaide 16, 17
Goff 17, 18
Pharaoh Cooper 17
Littleton 18
Donald every year

Yea I’m talking current. Which in 4 years that’s not great. Big part of it is the get rid of first rounders approach.

Lots of special teamers in that list when we look at 8 years of drafts.

Basically Gurley Goff and Donald in 8 years of work.

Goff was only possible because we sold 2 1st 2 2nds and a bunch of other picks

So in 8 years non special teams Pro bowlers drafted without selling picks and moving up are Gurley and Donald.

8 years? Ouch.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I don't know if this is all inclusive, and your point is about current players, but Snead joined the Rams in 2012.

Among current; Donald, Hekker, McQuaide

Pro Bowls
Hekker 12, 15, 16, 17
Gurley 15, 17, 18
McQuaide 16, 17
Goff 17, 18
Pharaoh Cooper 17
Littleton 18
Donald every year
The interesting thing with your list is that if you exclude special teams the only pro bowl players are 1st round picks. Basically that would say that snead in nine years has only drafted a blue chip player in the first round.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
We should beat him with a stick.
Found one
Rc7d19ed84444208efe0b8b5ab56763fc.jpeg